Notifications
Clear all

What Is A 100% Natural Olive Oil Brand?

MemberMember
(@thetruthhurts)

Posted : 02/14/2013 11:41 pm

I'm going to be using the olive oil to moisturize my skin on my face.

I'm looking for a 100% natural/ pure olive oil brand. I have a few questions though on how I could tell whether the olive oil is 100% natural and unrefined. Does the colour of the Oil have to be green? I've seen olive oil brands where they are sorta yellow in colour. The olive oils that say it's extra virgin that I have found don't state the ingredient's. is that trustworthy? Are all olive oils in plastic bottles considered unnatural/ refined? I think I might purchase the Bertolli extra virgin oil oil, does anyone know whether they make 100% unrefined olive oil?

Could anyone recommend me an olive oil brand that is 100% natural/ unrefined?

Thanks a lot in advance!

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 02/15/2013 12:29 pm

What olive oil isn't natural..? Such an annoying buzzword around here.

As for the refining process, I'm pretty sure anything labelled "Virgin" or "Extra Virgin" means it is produced by physical means only, with no chemical treatment. Extra virgin has lower acidity & doesn't degrade as easily.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 02/15/2013 4:49 pm

Try this guideline:

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/shopping-storing/more-shopping-storing/olive-oil-buying-checklist-00000000041460/index.html

I love California Olive Ranch. It's so fruity. It's nothing like those "Bottled in Italy" olive oils I used to buy, where the oils come from all over the world, just get bottled in Italy, and have other less expensive oils added to them.

MemberMember
(@lacydecay)

Posted : 02/15/2013 9:13 pm

I'm going to be using the olive oil to moisturize my skin on my face.

I'm looking for a 100% natural/ pure olive oil brand. I have a few questions though on how I could tell whether the olive oil is 100% natural and unrefined. Does the colour of the Oil have to be green? I've seen olive oil brands where they are sorta yellow in colour. The olive oils that say it's extra virgin that I have found don't state the ingredient's. is that trustworthy? Are all olive oils in plastic bottles considered unnatural/ refined? I think I might purchase the Bertolli extra virgin oil oil, does anyone know whether they make 100% unrefined olive oil?

Could anyone recommend me an olive oil brand that is 100% natural/ unrefined?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Any olive oil should do the trick providing its extra virgin. buying organic extra virgin would be even better. That would mean that the olives it's made from is free of any pesticide spray etc. I'm not sure how available they are in stores but you can buy them from loads of websites.

The colour doesn't have much relevance, I read that the colour depends on when the olives were picked. They're darker green if picked early in the season and more of a golden-green when picked later on.

MemberMember
(@lewis0121)

Posted : 07/13/2014 5:54 am

I know this topics dead, but most are....

I've been sing this for the last 4 days night and morning and have 2 new spots -

is it possible for olive oil to purge skin or am I simply breaking out from it?

-lewis