Dry Flakiness After...

Notifications
Clear all

Dry Flakiness After Bping

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 02/14/2013 1:48 pm

I stopped using the regimen for like 2 weeks. Then my skin got really dry so I used aquaphor to help restore my skin.

But I couldnt use aquaphor for more then a day or two because it makes me breakout really bad especially on my chin were i experience the most dryness.

I started trying to use the regimen again. I only do 2 pumps of bp and 2 pumps of cetaphil day and night. But my skin starts to flake 30mins to an hr after putting the cetaphil on.

I use cetaphil because Ive tried avenno, i tried dans moisturizor with joboboa oil but they all break me out.

I tried using cetaphils moisturizing cream thats like a aquaphor but it doesnt work it make s my skin falky after I use it.

The reason this is such a problem is because everyday I flake and breakout.

Does anyone a moisturizor kind of like cetaphil that bearly breakouts people that I can use to stop these flakes?

I might go to the dermatologist so they can presccribe me something that will be less drying then benzoyl peroxide if nothing works.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/14/2013 3:11 pm

I stopped using the regimen for like 2 weeks. Then my skin got really dry so I used aquaphor to help restore my skin.

But I couldnt use aquaphor for more then a day or two because it makes me breakout really bad especially on my chin were i experience the most dryness.

I started trying to use the regimen again. I only do 2 pumps of bp and 2 pumps of cetaphil day and night. But my skin starts to flake 30mins to an hr after putting the cetaphil on.

I use cetaphil because Ive tried avenno, i tried dans moisturizor with joboboa oil but they all break me out.

I tried using cetaphils moisturizing cream thats like a aquaphor but it doesnt work it make s my skin falky after I use it.

The reason this is such a problem is because everyday I flake and breakout.

Does anyone a moisturizor kind of like cetaphil that bearly breakouts people that I can use to stop these flakes?

I might go to the dermatologist so they can presccribe me something that will be less drying then benzoyl peroxide if nothing works.

Instead of the aquaphor trying using some aloe vera to soothe your skin. Despite the flaking, at least you know your zits are being dried up! Try just using the BP during the day or just at night if it's getting irritated.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 02/14/2013 4:11 pm

BP only works for me when I use it twice a day. If I try one time in the morning I wake up with a breakout. If I try one time at night I wake up with a breakout.

I went to the store today took me three stores before I found it. I was embaressed going from store to store because of the breakouts on my chin.

But I finally found it and bought Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Lotion for SPF 30 and Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizor SPF 15.

Im going to try the Eucerin tonight and if it dont work im going to try the Olay in the morning.

Its a 50/50 shot, it has to both not cause me to breakout and not cause flakyness.

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 02/14/2013 9:21 pm

Your skin is going to be dry, there's no way of getting around it if you want to use DKR. Make sure you apply like BP extra gently, I found out that going gentle wasn't enough. The day after I applied the BP extra gently I woke up with barely any dry skin, even when I had a bunch of flakiness/dryness the night before. Like you BARELY want to touch your face at all.

Use whatever moisturizer that works for you. I wouldnt keep trying new things because then your skin is going to be going crazy instead of getting USED to one particular product, and once it does, I'm sure you wont breakout anymore.

MemberMember
(@pennypincher)

Posted : 02/16/2013 9:01 pm

Flaking is my biggest rival... I wish there was one effective way of getting rid of it. I just took 3 days off the DKR and now im starting again. I'm gonna use some AHA because I heard it stops flaking.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 02/17/2013 10:49 pm

I ordered Dan's moisturizor and joboba oil. I'm going to give it a try again.

I took your advice and have been applying the BP gently, i'll let youknow if it works in 3 days.

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 02/18/2013 9:23 pm

I ordered Dan's moisturizor and joboba oil. I'm going to give it a try again.

I took your advice and have been applying the BP gently, i'll let youknow if it works in 3 days.

Let me know in a few days. Make sure you use plenty of moisturizer and Jojoba oil and you should see your flakiness starting to digest.

MemberMember
(@birdboy)

Posted : 02/22/2013 8:06 am

I have to keep posting this everywhere all over the site because its been such a help to me: vegetable glycerin. I got mine on amazon. Add one or two drops with 6 drops of jojoba and 1 pump of Dan's moisturizer and spread it over your skin - the glycerin acts as a humectant and really improves the staying power of the moisturizer. Also, not to beat a dead horse, but please be sure you've increased the BP dose gradually - it took me 3 weeks to handle it and I'm still like a lizard if I don't carefully moisturize religiously. Good luck - feel better.

MemberMember
(@wot-once-woz)

Posted : 02/24/2013 5:47 am

Perhaps try a different moisturiser and add some jojoba oil. Just because it did not work with dans moisturiser don't give up on jojoba oil. Its worked wonders for a lot of people including myself. When I was in doubt I used to add even more jojoba oil. It left me shiny all the time but its the only thing that kept me moisturised under all the benzoyle peroxide. I used it with clean and clear oil free dual action moisturiser. I still use it time to time.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 02/26/2013 9:37 am

Im now using cetaphil with joboba oils. So far its been 5 days and my flakes have disappeared.

Also for the shinyness I use CVS oil absorbing sheets. There $5 and they bring 50 sheets(there on sale now and bring 60).

To use them just put 2 on your forehead, 1 on each cheek, and 1 on our chin. As soon as you see that the whole sheet is wet with oil. Take it off so it doesnt leave your face oily. I do this only in the morning when I go to school. At night it doesnt matter because no one sees me.

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 03/15/2013 12:34 am

Im now using cetaphil with joboba oils. So far its been 5 days and my flakes have disappeared.

Also for the shinyness I use CVS oil absorbing sheets. There $5 and they bring 50 sheets(there on sale now and bring 60).

To use them just put 2 on your forehead, 1 on each cheek, and 1 on our chin. As soon as you see that the whole sheet is wet with oil. Take it off so it doesnt leave your face oily. I do this only in the morning when I go to school. At night it doesnt matter because no one sees me.

I use ceaphil dry - to very dry (the strongest moisturizer I've found) with jojoba oil twice a day. My face still flakes like hell. I wake up in the morning covered in flakes and wenever I eat food, flakes form around my mouth. In the shower my face is covered with them. Did Cetaphil actually solve your flakyness problem? Because in 10 years of the regimen no moistuizer has ever come close to solving mine.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 03/15/2013 6:43 pm

Sadly after using 2 pumps of cetaphil and 30 joboboa oils twice a day. After 2 weeks my skin began flaking again.

I went to the dermatologist monday hoping they prescribe something less drying then 2 bp pumps.

Today is my second day on tazorac. I cant say much about it cuz its only day 2. But I can tell you that if you cant afford $300 for a 30g tube. Dont get on Tazorac lol