When Is A Good Time...

Notifications
Clear all

When Is A Good Time To Start Adding Products?

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 02/14/2013 1:00 pm

I'm wondering if I can start to add some products to my regimen. I'm on my 10th week with the DKR and most of my pimples are gone. I've got about 4 active ones at the moment. I wanted to start using lemon juice on my scars and maybe a mint mask once a week, but I'm not sure it's "safe" yet. Opinions and help would be great. And Happy Valentine's Day!!!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/15/2013 3:42 pm

Honestly, I really wouldn't add anything else to the regimen except AHA and perhaps a twice a month deep cleansing. Your acne "scars" will actually disappear over time and by adding AHA, you really won't need to do any additional steps. Additional variables like skin masks or lemon juice can irritate your skin and cause another set of breakouts. Speaking from personal experience, I'd be extremely cautious when adding anything to the regimen outside of the recommended products. The more I did DKR, the better my overall skin tone, texture, and appearance vastly improved. Hope this helps... :)

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 02/15/2013 5:18 pm

Nycqueen I just ordered Dan's Aha+ I really hope it will help this process. I'm already happy with my results since my little breakdown a few weeks ago. Thanks for all your help, you've really kept my faith up!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/16/2013 2:53 pm

Just stick it out until you get the AHA and then use that for at least a month, then if you feel you need to then add lemon juice and use that for 4 weeks etc. If something breaks me out it doesnt show up for a couple of weeks, if you add loads of things at once you wont know whats breaking you out (and it could even be something you've ate but if youve used stuff on your skin you'll never be able to pinpoint what it was). I totally get it though, when youre clearing up you get all excited like TRY ALL THE PRODUCTS!!!11!1 and then youre back to square one. Patience :)

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 02/16/2013 5:03 pm

Just stick it out until you get the AHA and then use that for at least a month, then if you feel you need to then add lemon juice and use that for 4 weeks etc. If something breaks me out it doesnt show up for a couple of weeks, if you add loads of things at once you wont know whats breaking you out (and it could even be something you've ate but if youve used stuff on your skin you'll never be able to pinpoint what it was). I totally get it though, when youre clearing up you get all excited like TRY ALL THE PRODUCTS!!!11!1 and then youre back to square one. Patience 🙂

Yea I bought an Aha cream and didn't realize it was breaking me out till like a week later. I'm definitely learning patience with this process! I'm gunna just stick to Dan's advice and not veer off from it. Thanks for the advice!