I Cant Be The Only ...

Notifications
Clear all

I Cant Be The Only One Asking Dan To Please Make A Medicated Cleanser...

MemberMember
(@rjavi10)

Posted : 02/13/2013 2:30 am

It's so hard to find a good Benzoyl Peroxide wash/cleanser on US shelves that isn't 10% BP nowadays. PanOxyl's 4 % wash which I had used for years seems to have been discontinued leaving me desperate to find a new medicated cleanser to replace it. I have had no luck. 10% is WAY too strong for me but Dan's cleanser is unmedicated so I don't really know what to use anymore :(

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 02/13/2013 7:37 pm

The reason Dan isn't a fan of medicated washes is because they tend to not work very well. They aren't on the skin long enough to do much good. We've seen better success with leave-on bp.

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 02/13/2013 7:55 pm

Oxy makes a sensitive skin face wash that is only 5% bp and it is fragrance free, but it is very difficult to find. i randomly saw it in the bathroom of someone's house during a house party and when i went to try and find it i couldnt. i checked several stores.. maybe try online? i just gave up looking after awhile. i am using the regular oxy face wash that is 10% right now and it is working pretty well. might try finding this one again though now that i am thinking about it lol

MemberMember
(@rjavi10)

Posted : 02/15/2013 12:54 am

The reason Dan isn't a fan of medicated washes is because they tend to not work very well. They aren't on the skin long enough to do much good. We've seen better success with leave-on bp.[/quote

Well what I would do that worked wonders for me is replace Dan's cleanser with the medicated Panoxyl wash, then follow up with Dan's treatment and moisturizer. I fear that if I use his regular unmedicated wash I will break out bad because I suffer from Severe acne If I dont practice a strict skincare regimen

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 02/15/2013 4:07 am

I would love Dan to make a medicated BP wash. Mainly cause i get acne on the neck, and i cant put the gel on that area during the day, cause it bleaches and discolours my shirts. The only way around it is to use the wash... which works for me.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/15/2013 11:39 am

The reason Dan isn't a fan of medicated washes is because they tend to not work very well. They aren't on the skin long enough to do much good. We've seen better success with leave-on bp.[/quote

Well what I would do that worked wonders for me is replace Dan's cleanser with the medicated Panoxyl wash, then follow up with Dan's treatment and moisturizer. I fear that if I use his regular unmedicated wash I will break out bad because I suffer from Severe acne If I dont practice a strict skincare regimen

Hello there... You should be aware that when using the regimen, you should only use a gentle cleanser as your first step. Using a medicated facial wash will exacerbate dryness and flaking, even if you have oily skin. Please be sure to use the approved acne.org or store brand products if you are using DKR. Good luck!