Notifications
Clear all

Cryoshape

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 02/13/2013 1:02 am

Hey guys, just came across cryoshape tonight.

Looks like some awesome before and afters for a non invasive procedure!

I might do this!

Has anyone on here done it?

If you don't know what it is, Google cryoshape.com

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 02/20/2013 1:11 pm

Hey! it actually looks good unfortunately I don't think it's available in my country... Anyway are you going to try this treatment? smile.png

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 02/20/2013 7:20 pm

I don't know yet, I just had a 5FU injection and am gonna wait and see what it does first.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 02/21/2013 8:55 am

Well I hope it's going to work for you, I'm getting triamcinolone injections every other month it's a fluronated cortisone product isn't that the same thing as 5FU?

Also could you please show me a picture of your scar/scars? :)

MemberMember
(@uncletupelo)

Posted : 02/22/2013 9:30 pm

Keep us posted. The steroid injections haven't done much for my scars.

MemberMember
(@homer0001)

Posted : 02/23/2013 2:23 am

I've read a little about it. It sounds like rather than freezing the scars from the outside, cryoshape freezes them from the inside by sticking a probe directly through the scar and this supposedly leads to better results.

It sounds like because of this probe, cryoshape is only practical for keloids that are actually big enough to fit the probe. Thus, cryoshape sounds like it can't even be used on smaller acne-related keloids.

Haven't read about it in a while though.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 03/06/2013 3:59 pm

Well I hope it's going to work for you, I'm getting triamcinolone injections every other month it's a fluronated cortisone product isn't that the same thing as 5FU?

Also could you please show me a picture of your scar/scars? smile.png

No.

5FU is very different then cortisone/kenalog shots.

It does not cause atrophy; less side effects basically.

I might post a pic later, but honestly mine is constantly changing; I don't really think its a hypertrophic scar at this point. I think it's more like an encapsulated cyst (surrounded in some scar tissue; but the center not being a scar).

I am probably going to try lasers or a tca peel on it instead at this point but I do have an appointment with a crypshape doctor and will wait and see what he says about it first before I decide.