Notifications
Clear all

Tired Of Looking Like A Monster

MemberMember
(@miss-monster)

Posted : 02/12/2013 10:15 pm

Im about to turn 32 and I'm sick & tired of looking like a monster! I've had acne since I was 12. I have it all, blackheads, huge pimples, cystic acne, scars galore, AND now I'm getting wrinkles!!! :'( I hate the way people look at me, with pity, horror, or they can't look at me at all. Little kids are scared of me & I hear them asking what's wrong with my face. My own kids (1 boy 3 girls) ask me if they're going to look like me. I would give anything to have clear skin. Im not seeking beauty or perfection, I just want to be normal. :(

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/12/2013 11:37 pm

see if accutane is an option. If not you can try the regimen.

MemberMember
(@mjg1980)

Posted : 02/13/2013 12:23 am

Miss M, have you ever been to a derm ?? I'm 32 as well , and I KNOW it's tough. Unfortunately I do not have insurance right now ...which makes it even tougher, cause they do have many different options . When I did have insurance my doc had me on a concoction of stuff including doxycycline . It worked a little bit .. My face and back were improving, but not improving like the doctor wanted them to . He said " I have very stubborn acne" . I know your pain, I wish I had answers. I still have not purchased the regimen cause I'm very weary about it . I did some lookin around at success stories and they all seem to be teen acne . Adult acne is much different : (

MemberMember
(@miss-monster)

Posted : 02/17/2013 1:19 pm

Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions. :) Unfortunately there is only one Dermatologist close to me and they wont see me because they don't have a contract with my insurance company. I told them I would pay cash but they said there are new laws requiring them to bill my insurance before they bill me and they don't work with my insurance company. :( I haven't talked to my regular doctor about it, didn't realize there was anything they could do and they never brought it up even though I obviously could use some help in that area. Maybe they didn't want to be rude. :) Anyhow, I started the Regimen about a week ago and have had great results though I'm not yet clear. I have a lot of scarring too, not discoloration as much as deep icepick and boxcar scars. Any ideas on what I can do about that? I have a very limited budget for these sorts of things because I have 4 children and just cant justify spending hundreds of dollars on my appearance. :)

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/18/2013 4:29 pm

Miss M, have you ever been to a derm ?? I'm 32 as well , and I KNOW it's tough. Unfortunately I do not have insurance right now ...which makes it even tougher, cause they do have many different options . When I did have insurance my doc had me on a concoction of stuff including doxycycline . It worked a little bit .. My face and back were improving, but not improving like the doctor wanted them to . He said " I have very stubborn acne" . I know your pain, I wish I had answers. I still have not purchased the regimen cause I'm very weary about it . I did some lookin around at success stories and they all seem to be teen acne . Adult acne is much different : (

Are you on any form of birth control pills or implants? Some help acne, but MANY actually make acne worse.

MemberMember
(@miss-monster)

Posted : 02/25/2013 1:52 pm

No, I'm not on any sort of birth control or anything like that. :) The Regimen was working wonderfully for a couple of weeks but now I'm experiencing a breakout on my chin. :( Luckily they're just little pimples and not the horrible cystic acne I was getting but I'm still concerned that my skin is getting use to the Regimen and it wont work much longer.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/25/2013 2:25 pm

No, I'm not on any sort of birth control or anything like that. smile.png The Regimen was working wonderfully for a couple of weeks but now I'm experiencing a breakout on my chin. sad.png Luckily they're just little pimples and not the horrible cystic acne I was getting but I'm still concerned that my skin is getting use to the Regimen and it wont work much longer.

If you get on a good birth control (one that helps acne, such as Yaz, Belara, or Dianette), you will probably have more success. Many women never clear their skin until they use hormonal treatment.

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 04/23/2013 2:54 pm

I thought I wrote your post, it sounds so much like me ! I came on here today because a man on the street called me a monster..Another little girl who is about three also says:You are a scary monster ! I have three girls and my oldest is starting to get acne too. I have a doctors appointment on Thursday but Im scared he is going to cruel to me.