Notifications
Clear all

Forehead Acne And Drinking Water?

MemberMember
(@heartattack)

Posted : 02/12/2013 3:47 pm

Hi there. I'm a new member, and I couldn't have stumbled upon a better website than this at the moment.

I have only had acne for a few years at the most, but being a health nut, I have pretty high expectations for my skin. My face is relatively clear; I only get a pimple or two on my chin because of my hormones, hardly any on my nose, none on my cheeks, but I tend to break out a lot on my forehead. I think I have combination skin, but my T-zone isn't all that oily, and my forehead will only be oily if I over-moisturize or use a harsh cleanser. I don't have bangs either, so I'm pretty sure my acne problem is internal.

I've read many posts on home remedies (I prefer not to use chemicals on my face) for forehead acne, and I came upon a certain one that said that forehead acne is usually tied to dehydration. That was interesting to me, because I rarely drink water (only drink a glass or two a day), so I wonder if this could actually be true. Have any of you guys with forehead acne tried drinking more water (about 2 liters) and has it helped in any way? I've noticed a lot of people say that once they started drinking more water, their acne started clearing up and ended up with more nourished skin overall. Of course, they kept up their cleansing routine, but the increase in water intake seems to have helped many.

I'm going to try this for about a month and see how it goes. I did start drinking more water today, but it's way too early for me to notice a difference. I'm going to be keeping up my lemon and honey practice as well.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/12/2013 4:12 pm

While water is very beneficial for ALL functions in the body, i wouldn't place all your stock in ridding your forehead acne by doing that as acne can be cause by many many things such as :

hormones

allergies/food sensitivites

etc, etc, etc

With that said, i'm all for you trying this method - you may also want to work on diet changes as well

Good Luck!

MemberMember
(@fairlybored)

Posted : 02/12/2013 6:34 pm

most of my forehead acne is due to a inconsistent sleeping routine. now i try to sleep at between 10-11pm and wake up at around 9am-ish. doing this for about a week i notice a decrease in acne on my forehead. maybe if you have a good sleeping and waking up time your forehead acne may decrease like mine, it doesn't hurt to try :)

MemberMember
(@alexisc)

Posted : 02/13/2013 12:06 am

I've found my forehead acne is directly related to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. If I take natural antibiotics (peppermint oil, oregano oil, olive leaf extract, coconut oil) and avoid sugar and fruits it clears right up. As soon as I consume sugar again and stop the natural remedies it comes back. Do you have any stomach related issues? When I eat sugar my stomach bloats up and this is a clear sign to me that I'm going to break out. In traditional chinese medicine the forehead is related to the small intestine.

MemberMember
(@heartattack)

Posted : 02/13/2013 4:49 pm

On 2/13/2013 at 11:06 AM, alexisc said:

I've found my forehead acne is directly related to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. If I take natural antibiotics (peppermint oil, oregano oil, olive leaf extract, coconut oil) and avoid sugar and fruits it clears right up. As soon as I consume sugar again and stop the natural remedies it comes back. Do you have any stomach related issues? When I eat sugar my stomach bloats up and this is a clear sign to me that I'm going to break out. In traditional chinese medicine the forehead is related to the small intestine.

Hmm... that's interesting. Well I have had constipation in the past, but it went away since I started drinking more water, so I think I agree with you. However, the acne is still there.

The reason I said I thought it was related to dehydration was because I saw it on this site: [Removed]

It talks about Chinese face mapping and how different parts of your face are related to different body systems. When I checked what body system the forehead is tied to, it said Digestive System and Bladder, which pretty much confirms what you said.

However, I've heard many people say that acne is not in any way related to your diet, so I'm confused in that aspect. Eating healthier seems to help some people with their skin, but not so much for others. Whatever the case, I'm just going to go ahead and try impoving my diet as well as increasing my water intake. Thanks for your input! :)

On 2/13/2013 at 5:34 AM, fairlybored said:

most of my forehead acne is due to a inconsistent sleeping routine. now i try to sleep at between 10-11pm and wake up at around 9am-ish. doing this for about a week i notice a decrease in acne on my forehead. maybe if you have a good sleeping and waking up time your forehead acne may decrease like mine, it doesn't hurt to try smile.png

Well, I don't think I have an inconsistent sleeping routine. I go to sleep and wake up at around the same time (except for days when I sleep in a little later, like the weekends, but that's still pretty rare for me). But I'll try being more consistent and not sleeping in; who knows? It just might work. Thanks :)

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 02/13/2013 6:49 pm

Drink 1tablespoon apple cider vinegar with water when you wake up in the morning. wait 30 then you could have your breakfast.