Does Anyone Know Ho...

Notifications
Clear all

Does Anyone Know How To Prevent This From Getting Inflamed

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 02/12/2013 12:07 pm

Basically I've been on dans regimen for almost 4 months now and it's helped clear me out but doesn't prevent cysts from developing.

I notice I have this small whitehead on my left cheek and I could already tell its going to form into a cyst. That's how my cyst begin . Small and then they enlarge and become painful. So my question is how do I prevent this sucker from running its course ? Should I extract it with the extraction tool ? And dab BP? This is really getting me anxious . I don't want it to form into a cyst a couple days before valentines day :(

Please I need your input :)

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/12/2013 12:08 pm

go to a derm that does extractions.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/12/2013 12:14 pm

Hey AbyBar... I say try dabbing some AHA on it for now... If you can extract without damaging your skin, then do so... I get cysts on rare occasions, but when I do, I steam in the shower and try to extract once I get out... Then I slather on the AHA and BP... :)

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 02/12/2013 12:16 pm

I guess I should have said that Im on a strict budget on my post haha .

Unfortunately, I don't have insurance or money in my pocket for that. They usually charge about $70 where I go :/

Hey AbyBar... I say try dabbing some AHA on it for now... If you can extract without damaging your skin, then do so... I get cysts on rare occasions, but when I do, I steam in the shower and try to extract once I get out... Then I slather on the AHA and BP... :)

Omg sweetheart thank you so much . I will take a steaming hot shower :)

And I'll gently try to extract it . Pray for me ! Haha! I'm tired of cysts !

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/12/2013 12:20 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have insurance or money in my pocket for that. They usually charge about $70 where I go :/

>Hey AbyBar... I say try dabbing some AHA on it for now... If you can extract without damaging your skin, then do so... I get cysts on rare occasions, but when I do, I steam in the shower and try to extract once I get out... Then I slather on the AHA and BP... smile.png

Omg sweetheart thank you so much . I will take a steaming hot shower smile.png

Will do! Just remember to not force it... If you steam and it doesn't want to budge the first time, don't try again until the next night... You'll cause further bruising and risk a worse infection if you try to go at it too hard... If you have AHA on hand now, I'd say dab on now and again once you do the regimen again... Just keep on apply AHA every time you do the regimen and that will help bring the cyst to a head, making extraction much easier... Good luck!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 02/12/2013 12:35 pm

>Hey AbyBar... I say try dabbing some AHA on it for now... If you can extract without damaging your skin, then do so... I get cysts on rare occasions, but when I do, I steam in the shower and try to extract once I get out... Then I slather on the AHA and BP... smile.png

Omg sweetheart thank you so much . I will take a steaming hot shower smile.png

Will do! Just remember to not force it... If you steam and it doesn't want to budge the first time, don't try again until the next night... You'll cause further bruising and risk a worse infection if you try to go at it too hard... If you have AHA on hand now, I'd say dab on now and again once you do the regimen again... Just keep on apply AHA every time you do the regimen and that will help bring the cyst to a head, making extraction much easier... Good luck!

Thank you so much I will apply aha as soon as I get home :)

It means a lot !

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/14/2013 11:59 am

If i have cyst that is in a place that i cant ignore ill use a hot compress (damp cloth as hot as i can stand) and just keep holding that on it for as long as i can, this usually brings them to a head, i guess it works in the same way as a hot shower but i like to do this as well - it helps to drain them from the inside too. Good luck and be careful!