Notifications
Clear all

Ex Cystic Acne Sufferer (18) Now 25 And Yet Again, An Acne Sufferer - Jojoba Oil Uk? What Wash And Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@chrissy-cambell)

Posted : 02/12/2013 11:40 am

I suffered with acne many years ago, I do a lot of weightlifting and for that reason drink a LOT of dairy. Anyway 4 litres of milk a day brought my cystic acne back that accutaine cleared up nearly 10 years ago. I havn't touched milk in months but the acne keeps hitting me hard from time to time, scarred very badly and unfortunatley finding it very hard to shave and to become clear.

I am on antibiotics for the past 6 weeks, hasn't cleared me yet but I am being told it will be 3 months.

I need a new face wash, moisturizer and some sort of oil like jojoba to help repair the damage that is being left on my face. I have naturally oily skin!

all help appreciated.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/12/2013 12:10 pm

Skinceuticals b5 serum with dermatologica niacinamide serum if you can get it. Plus a retinoid.

MemberMember
(@chrissy-cambell)

Posted : 02/12/2013 1:19 pm

What is a retinoid?

What do those serums do and are they worth the money? Where canthey be bought in the UK?

MemberMember
(@wot-once-woz)

Posted : 02/24/2013 4:55 am

Well, I used to be on the regiment for a few years. Fortunately it got to a stage were I was able to eventually get clear after about 3 years. I haven't used the regiment all over for about 4 years now. I used to get acne all over my face.

Now recently about a month and a half ago I started having a couple of breakouts on both my temple areas at the side of my face. I'm pretty sure it was a hat I was wearing on the daily that's caused it. A woolly hat for the cold. After 4 years. I can't believe it. Anyway. I started the regiment again on those 2 areas only. It took a while but they have been exterminated now once again. Lol.

But enough with the history lesson. Basically the one thing that has always worked for me in terms of keeping my skin moisturised and alive through all of the BP treatment has been a combination of jojoba oil and clean and clear oil free moisturiser. Funny isn't it. I use an oil free moisturiser and I go and mix it with jojoba oil anyway. :-) jokes aside, jojoba oil is unlike any other as most on here know. It never gets spoiled for one thing as far as I know. I've had the same batch I bought back since 2007 I think. It lasts forever because you don't need much. Just a drop or 2. It does not clog pores like other oils in skin products.

So I've basically used jojoba and clean and clear for many many years every day, when I was on the regiment and after it also. Its helped me a lot to clear scars and keep my skin under control after the regiment. It takes time but its worked for me. Even when I'm clear I still get the occasional pimple like normal people get, say every couple of months or so. Nothing major. But I would suggest you try the combination I've described. It may work. Also the clean and clear moisturiser has a small amount of salicylic acid in it which is an acne fighting ingredient. It won't clear your acne but it maykeep your skin hydrated and it may help healing the scars over time. It works for me. It may work for you too.

The only thing is jojoba oil can leave your skin very shiny and give you an oily appearance. I usually just pat my brace dry a few minutes after the work is done. But just be prepared. You may have a bit of a glow.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/24/2013 6:37 am

I suffered with acne many years ago, I do a lot of weightlifting and for that reason drink a LOT of dairy. Anyway 4 litres of milk a day brought my cystic acne back that accutaine cleared up nearly 10 years ago. I havn't touched milk in months but the acne keeps hitting me hard from time to time, scarred very badly and unfortunatley finding it very hard to shave and to become clear.

I am on antibiotics for the past 6 weeks, hasn't cleared me yet but I am being told it will be 3 months.

I need a new face wash, moisturizer and some sort of oil like jojoba to help repair the damage that is being left on my face. I have naturally oily skin!

all help appreciated.

Forget the retinoid for now, its a prescription only deal and they've just discontinued the most popular one (retin-a) in the UK.

Start with the basics - go to your local pharmacy and ask for quinoderm facewash and quinoderm 5% BP, and Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. All of these are non comedogenic and will not break you out. Jojoba oil is hit and miss - for some its a miracle, others it breaks them out in places they never normally do. Like I said, start with the basics and see how you go from there 🙂