Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
igotyouu

Can It Take More Than A Year?

I have some dark spots left after mild cystic acne. Around 5 spots on my cheeks on 1 just over my lip.

It's around 1 year since they appeared and they haven't faded. My question is basically if it can take over a year for them to fade full.

I have some dark spots left after mild cystic acne. Around 5 spots on my cheeks on 1 just over my lip.

It's around 1 year since they appeared and they haven't faded. My question is basically if it can take over a year for them to fade full.

Everyone's skin is different and yes it can take a long time for spots to fade. You should be applying a sunscreen during the day on them, any sunlight will darken them and keep them there longer. A retin-a cream would help turn over the skin faster to fade them as well.

Edited by melmel87

Everyone's skin is different and yes it can take a long time for spots to fade. You should be applying a sunscreen during the day on them, any sunlight with darken them and keep them there longer. A retin-a cream would help turn over the skin faster to fade them as well.

Then I guess im in a bad situation. Last year i went used tanning beds quite alot so I've got a lot of sun from there.