Notifications
Clear all

Hot Or Not

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 02/10/2013 9:59 pm

I'm 6ft tall, dark and handsome lol.. but seriously i think i'm an attractive guy and i'm sure i could have easily get a gf if i wanted. i like most stuff about me except my acne of course. The point is i would rather be a good looking person or not so good looking but not in between. i feel like a fool with this acne on my face, & i'm made a fool by the people around me. i hate being a teen, worst years of me life by FAR...

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 02/12/2013 10:47 am

Acne is not enough to make an attractive person unattractive in most circumstances. On a point scoring system of attraction acne would be something like -2 for the majority of people and confidence would be +20.

MemberMember
(@aubreyj1722)

Posted : 02/19/2013 2:58 am

Hi. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I just wanted to share my story with you about my acne and my love life. When I was 16 I met my boyfriend. At the same time i was going through one of the worst breakouts I have ever experienced. I was put on antibiotics which of course made it worse. Now my bf has beautiful skin, like only one bump every now and again. I felt like a monster standing next to this (what I think) Greek God lol. But he stuck with me and started to not care any more; I eventually started to wear less make up and get more comfortable with my acne. I've been with him for 4 years now and I still have kinda bad skin and he still has gorgeous skin. My point is, someone will love you no matter what you look like. Don't get so down about yourself. If you don't love yourself, no one will be able to. Being a teenage doesn't suck forever I promise!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 02/22/2013 7:15 am

Being a teenager and an adult can suck forever. If it doesn't clear up by the age of 25, then go and see a doctor about it.

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 02/22/2013 11:30 am

Or see a doctor now...

You don't have to live with it.

MemberMember
(@crimeinpartner)

Posted : 02/22/2013 3:18 pm

Because seeing a doctor automatically gets rid of your acne, right?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/22/2013 6:08 pm

Go see a doctor now or you will end up with scarring which is permanent.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 02/22/2013 6:35 pm

Doctors made my acne worse, fuck them.

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 02/22/2013 6:50 pm

Because seeing a doctor automatically gets rid of your acne, right?

Doctors made my acne worse, fuck them.

What is it with this board and these dumbass comments?

MemberMember
(@ivyhawk)

Posted : 02/22/2013 7:28 pm

Only seem to be Dumb Ass to you when they are disagreeing with you.

Go figure.

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 02/23/2013 3:51 am

Um, what?

So you agree with advice telling people to not go & see their doctor, and instead just sit at home and suffer?

Doctors do not make Acne worse. Acne becomes worse, and people need something to blame.

MemberMember
(@crimeinpartner)

Posted : 02/23/2013 10:45 am

Been to plenty doctors brah. Didnt do shit

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 02/24/2013 2:45 pm

Seems I stand completely corrected.

The best course of action for your acne is clearly to sit on your arse and do nothing :)

MemberMember
(@twinsfan33)

Posted : 02/24/2013 4:45 pm

From personal experience my friend....I'm 6', not dark, but I'd say pretty handsome, and my gf would agree. Imagine being in your shoes, but then going off to college, knowing NO ONE, and having acne, and by acne I mean moderately/severe acne. You have 3 options:

1) you can be your normal, confident, self-assured way that you were around your family, where you know youre loved and can be your true person

2) you can be shy, quiet, introverted, and self conscious because you think every single person you talk to/try to meet will judge your acne

3) you can take a road in the middle, and be a little bit of both, but moreso quiet.

I chose path #3. And let me tell you, I spent a good year or so digging myself out of that hole. Not to say that going to college and being reserved initially hurts, but when you don't know anyone and don't meet a lot of people, it can be troubling down the road when people make their little groups of friends.

The moral of this story, which I can go into WAY more detail should you want it, is CHOOSE PATH 1. not just for college, but for life in general. you NEED to live life for you, and truthfully, after probably a good two years, lord knows how many medications/creams/treatments I tried, and a lot of thinking and self reflection, I realized that I needed to be able to look into the mirror and love myself before I could love anybody else. You need to be comfortable in your own skin (literally), and sometimes, as much as it sucks, just pretend as though nothing is wrong, even when indeed you know there's stuff wrong. If you're charismatic, loud, have energy and enthusiasm, and ooze confidence, NOTHING and NO ONE is gonna get in your way, the ladies will come by the flock, and trust me, they won't care if your skin is flawless or looking like a nuclear bomb hit. Keep trying to improve yourself, make your life interesting, stay busy, and STAY CONFIDENT. Those are the ingredients to making life awesome and to making the girls swoon, one at a time.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 02/24/2013 5:08 pm

^TRUE LEGEND ABOVE ME. (srs)

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 02/25/2013 12:52 am

I always picture myself as been someone else

It always work until I look in at the mirror.