Notifications
Clear all

Thinking About Starting Caveman

MemberMember
(@cactuscalypso)

Posted : 02/10/2013 6:33 pm

Hello,

So recently I've been thinking about the history of my skin...It used to be flawless (15 and 16) and I remember my friends using acne scrubs and these fun masks and face washes. So I went out and bought some. I didn't really need it but, I did it anyway. I didn't have an initial breakout but, over the years I began to get more and more zits increasing in severity and I began to use more and more product. It got soo bad about a year and half ago, I had deep cysts that were scarring my face horribly. And i've been on Retin-a .1% for almost a year now! And I still don't have a single day of being clear. It has improved my skin atoooonn. I have a healthy diet and hardly eat diary. I exercise frequently. I don't have hormonal issues. I change my sheets often and am a very clean person. So I wonder what's the dealio? I'm a very healthy twenty year old shouldn't my body be able to fight it off? Also, it seems like as the centuries go on acne get's worse and worse and worse. Maybe, it's the fact that were told we neeeedd to wash off face twice daily because of the oil blah blah blah. we need to moisturize, anti aging creams sdjkfsjdlf. Am i the only one who is thinking about how long humans have been around and how for the majority of the time we didn't really use any of that..... sure sulfur was used and other things in history. But, for the most part it seems like acne was a rare thing.... SOOO that being said. I would love to hear from anybody and everybody regarding your opinions. I'm not claiming to have figured anything out but, It's just a thought I would like to share. To the people who have tried the caveman method did it work for you? how bad was your acne? Do you think I should ween myself off the retin-a or stop cold turkey or not at all?

Thanks guys!

Sarah

MemberMember
(@rentedname)

Posted : 02/10/2013 7:22 pm

i did caveman for about two months. my verdict? don't do it. i ended up with horribly flaking skin and just huge, oily layers of dead skin on my face that i still can't really wash off properly. it doesn't make sense not to wash your face at all.

but what DOES make sense, and what i currently practice, is a minimal skincare routine. i wash my face with water once a day, and maybe every other day wash it with a very minimal cleanser (trader joes cleanser). this helps because going overboard with skincare can irritate your skin. twice a day might be too much.

i think retin-a can help if you use it, but how long are you going to use it for? forever?

MemberMember
(@goethe)

Posted : 02/11/2013 10:51 am

The "Caveman Regimen" during which you do not wash your face for 2 months, and allow a layer of skin to heal over the scars works wonders for Rosacea and hyperpigmentation, and costs literally no money. I've had great success with for hyperpigmentation scarring.

Just let your skin rejuvenate through its own biological mechanisms.

MemberMember
(@dog01234567890)

Posted : 02/14/2013 8:10 am

hello! :)

i started the caveman 7 days ago, i had a lot of forehead acne/chin acne. i got quite clear with a healthy diet & green smoothie but i think my skin needs something else still and it seems to be this!

the oil production has totally regulated, at first my skin was oily for like 1.5days and then it just started looking matt and normal

the downside is how groce you look while your doing this routine !

my pores are pushing out blackheads and there is deadskin on my face which is kind of yellow/discoloured- it's not majorly noticeable to anyone else but it is to me

i like you had perfect skin & then i took the pill/smoked and it got messed up & then i had a mega dose of antibiotics due to an injury from a bike crash

it feels liberating not to panic about washing my face 2 times a day etc

i was most recently using LUSH angels on bare skin & the LUSH celestial moisteriser

i am so determined to beat these spots especially becuase there is no acne in my family at all & i had perfect skin before acne & i got it as an older teenager etc

how long have you been doing it for? or will you be starting soon?

xxx

MemberMember
(@ohnelly)

Posted : 02/25/2013 5:21 pm

I started the caveman 20 days ago (sorta). I just rinse my face once for 5 seconds in the shower. Then I towel off.

All my cystic acne cleared up (I had few along cheeks, that's it). However, it was replace by millions of whiteheads and flaky skin. It's totally gross and I am screaming inside every time I have to see my friends.

I have no idea if and when it will get better. Some people say it works, others do not. But topicals just made me worse. I used to have flawless skin when I would only wash my face in the shower with water. It only got worse when I tried to treat something with bp and sal acid.

MemberMember
(@dog01234567890)

Posted : 03/09/2013 11:31 am

Ok, so I reached 30days of the caveman.

I didn't let any water tocuh my face, I didn't wash it and I didn't scratch it etc

It did look HORRIBLE! I definately had a lot of deadskin, especially on my forehead (which was my problem area)

I washed my face with mineral water and a muslin cloth and my skin looked BEAUTIFUL!

I complete couldn't believe it! My skin has started to heal itself, it's looking better than anything I have ever tried before.

It requires a lot of faith though, I didn't think it was going to work, & I wanted to wash my face and get back to normal but I;m so glad I didnt!

I think I will do this for a few more months, not washing for 30days then gently wash off with mineral water at the end.

My complexion is so even and bright. The mineral water didn't dry out my skin or anything.

I will never use products on my face again!

I highly recommend this to everyone

however be patient becuase it's not instant, it can take a little while, but you will notice the effects at the end of the month!

my skin isn't even oily anymore. it;s normal again!

Please message me if anyone has any questions.

x x x x x

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/10/2013 4:27 pm

Ok, so I reached 30days of the caveman.

I didn't let any water tocuh my face, I didn't wash it and I didn't scratch it etc

It did look HORRIBLE! I definately had a lot of deadskin, especially on my forehead (which was my problem area)

I washed my face with mineral water and a muslin cloth and my skin looked BEAUTIFUL!

I complete couldn't believe it! My skin has started to heal itself, it's looking better than anything I have ever tried before.

It requires a lot of faith though, I didn't think it was going to work, & I wanted to wash my face and get back to normal but I;m so glad I didnt!

I think I will do this for a few more months, not washing for 30days then gently wash off with mineral water at the end.

My complexion is so even and bright. The mineral water didn't dry out my skin or anything.

I will never use products on my face again!

I highly recommend this to everyone

however be patient becuase it's not instant, it can take a little while, but you will notice the effects at the end of the month!

my skin isn't even oily anymore. it;s normal again!

Please message me if anyone has any questions.

x x x x x

Around til how many days did your face start improving?

MemberMember
(@dog01234567890)

Posted : 03/10/2013 5:32 pm

hello!-

by the end of the first week my skin stopped being oily-

it was matte all of the time, by the end of the day it looked the same as when i had just woke up

my skin looked really, really groce for the whole month though

like loads of little spots on my forehead/A LOT of deadskin that was discoloured, like yellowey

but i washed it off- with mineral water, because im in london & tap water here is very bad!- my skin was so soft & super smooth

i actually couldnt believe it

i didn't think it would do anything, i admit i lost faith by the end of the month and i couldnt wait to wash my face

but given the results, i am not going to wash my face for another month-

i will keep reporting on whats happening!

:)

i also wanted to add that you do get spots- but it;s part of the healing process for your skin-

the spots clear up super fast

like as fast as a day

i had a whitehead and it disspeared by the evening!

it;s actually amazing how your skin can heal when you give it a chance!

MemberMember
(@fashionmoney)

Posted : 03/10/2013 11:43 pm

hello!-

by the end of the first week my skin stopped being oily-

it was matte all of the time, by the end of the day it looked the same as when i had just woke up

my skin looked really, really groce for the whole month though

like loads of little spots on my forehead/A LOT of deadskin that was discoloured, like yellowey

but i washed it off- with mineral water, because im in london & tap water here is very bad!- my skin was so soft & super smooth

i actually couldnt believe it

i didn't think it would do anything, i admit i lost faith by the end of the month and i couldnt wait to wash my face

but given the results, i am not going to wash my face for another month-

i will keep reporting on whats happening!

:)

i also wanted to add that you do get spots- but it;s part of the healing process for your skin-

the spots clear up super fast

like as fast as a day

i had a whitehead and it disspeared by the evening!

it;s actually amazing how your skin can heal when you give it a chance!

If I don't wash my face it will just look nasty like real shiny & dirty lol so how do you deal with that?

MemberMember
(@dog01234567890)

Posted : 03/13/2013 5:30 am

it definately looks nasty and shiny at first! :D

though after a while it begins to look matt- you have to just let it be shiny for the first week

it will go matt! check out everyone elses posts about it

it definately looks nasty and shiny at first! :D

though after a while it begins to look matt- you have to just let it be shiny for the first week

it will go matt! check out everyone elses posts about it