Notifications
Clear all

Missing A Dose Of Accutane?

MemberMember
(@johntwining)

Posted : 02/10/2013 11:32 am

i've been on accutane for 31 days today and I am on 80mg a day, 20mg per tablet, will taking 60mg one day have any effect at all? as i have taken 40mg today and only have one tablet left until i get back to my house tomorrow.

thanks

MemberMember
(@monkeybeanmagic)

Posted : 02/10/2013 8:03 pm

no, this is not something worth worrying about and will have no real impact on your treatment. Accutane is really about cumulative dosage so you will have an insignificantly lower cumulative dose now. Not a big deal.

MemberMember
(@johntwining)

Posted : 02/17/2013 6:35 pm

thankyou :)

MemberMember
(@sallysa)

Posted : 02/18/2013 1:28 pm

nope not at all. I miss doses all the time and have had a great outcome. Like the PP said it's about the cumulative dose. In fact my derm took me off it for 5 days bc I was having bad stomach aches. He said it wasn't a big deal to stop then start again.

MemberMember
(@johntwining)

Posted : 02/19/2013 6:04 am

Thankyou :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/20/2013 5:22 pm

nope not at all. I miss doses all the time and have had a great outcome. Like the PP said it's about the cumulative dose. In fact my derm took me off it for 5 days bc I was having bad stomach aches. He said it wasn't a big deal to stop then start again.

Um.. my derm told me the opposite...

I ran out of pills for a week and then started again, she told me not to do that again!