Notifications
Clear all

Are People That Are Really Skinny Nutritionally Deficient?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 02/10/2013 12:57 am

People who are underweight, are they nutritionally deficient (severely deficient)? I am 5"10 and a half and i weight 125 lbs. I cannot gain weight (15 lbs when i went on a dumb fruit/veggie diet for a month or two), and i was never able to gain it back.

Am i nutritionally deficient, even though I eat really healthy?

I think people who are fat/obese are more nutritionally healthy than skinny people

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 02/10/2013 11:17 am

I've never seen what you're looking for (under vs over weight nutrient level analysis).

You ask very specific questions that are all over the place in quick succession. I think you're way too stressed about this.

MemberMember
(@quetzl1)

Posted : 02/10/2013 1:00 pm

Nah I don't think so. Being skinny is an evolutionary advantage

Course I say that partly cuz I'm 6ft 130lbs :P

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 02/10/2013 5:01 pm

Same here, 6.2'' and 135 pounds.

MemberMember
(@username22)

Posted : 02/10/2013 7:39 pm

Nah I don't think so. Being skinny is an evolutionary advantage

Course I say that partly cuz I'm 6ft 130lbs tongue.png

Same here, 6.2'' and 135 pounds.

wow that's gross, please eat something

MemberMember
(@quetzl1)

Posted : 02/11/2013 2:00 pm

Hey now, just cuz cultural standards don't like me doesn't mean it isn't ok

Figure out that triple negative!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/11/2013 2:30 pm

If you want to look into a cause, look into breastfeeding and health of the mother and link to acne.

I have seen some correlation between thin and acne, however...

I have a sister who is almost my identical twin. We look the same, act the same, talk the same...everything.

However, when I was born, my mom was on a no-fat diet, had trouble getting pregnant with me (indicative of some hormonal issue), and bottle-fed me. I have teeth issues, vision eyes, digestive issues, and obviously acne issues.

My sister was born when my mom was in the best health of her life and on a Paleo diet, and she was breastfed. My sis has the best health in the family. She is thinner than I am and has never had a pimple. Never needed glasses, braces, or prescription PrevAcid either neutral.gif

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 02/11/2013 11:36 pm

Thanks for the response green gables. I have researched into that venue as well and unsurprisingly, my mom only breast fed me for two months and the rest was formula fed. She had twins as well( not sure what my mom ate during the time etc, but I know she was stressed a lot cuz my dad was a fucking

Just curious, but why was ur mom on a paleo diet and then on a not fat diet??

I've never seen what you're looking for (under vs over weight nutrient level analysis).

You ask very specific questions that are all over the place in quick succession. I think you're way too stressed about this.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 02/15/2013 6:02 am

I used to be very skinny and I thought I was deficient in nutrients back when I was just taking shots in the dark at what was causing my acne. But after I got serious about gaining weight, I realized I just didn't used to eat very much. I was probably eating 2000 calories a day before I started gaining weight, and bumping it up to 2800-3000 was enough to make me slowly gain weight. So I think most skinny people simply don't eat very much, or don't eat as much as they think they do, but they are not deficient in nutrients just because they are skinny.

MemberMember
(@chillman266)

Posted : 02/23/2013 12:42 am

I used to be very skinny and I thought I was deficient in nutrients back when I was just taking shots in the dark at what was causing my acne. But after I got serious about gaining weight, I realized I just didn't used to eat very much. I was probably eating 2000 calories a day before I started gaining weight, and bumping it up to 2800-3000 was enough to make me slowly gain weight. So I think most skinny people simply don't eat very much, or don't eat as much as they think they do, but they are not deficient in nutrients just because they are skinny.

Be carfeul, bumping up calories will often cause acne for acne prone people, in order to gain weight without acne, you have to bump up calories as well as increase activity level. for gaining weight, low intensity exercise like walking, light jogging are the best. make sure to do 15 tp 30 minutes of activity before and after a meal will help you boost your digestive power in order to prevent too high of an insulin spike and circulate the fats away from your liver and into your body.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 02/25/2013 8:51 pm

Adding just 500 calories of butter in my diet, I saw about 5-10 pound gain in a month. When I stopped eating butter for a while, I lost that 5-10 pound.

Heck, I was infact consuming less carbs when I was consuming lot of butter.

MemberMember
(@bryantmkiv)

Posted : 02/25/2013 8:53 pm

no matter what you eat, your fast metabolism will kick in and burn it all, dont worry your metabolism will slow down as you age haha , dont complain after!!

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 02/26/2013 1:27 am

Be carfeul, bumping up calories will often cause acne for acne prone people, in order to gain weight without acne, you have to bump up calories as well as increase activity level. for gaining weight, low intensity exercise like walking, light jogging are the best. make sure to do 15 tp 30 minutes of activity before and after a meal will help you boost your digestive power in order to prevent too high of an insulin spike and circulate the fats away from your liver and into your body.

Interesting viewpoints. What if you follow a paleo diet, where insulin spike is not an issue?

Also whats your opinion on eating macadamia nuts?

Last but not least, if yo increase your calroic intake and play basketball 3 to 4 times a week, would that be okay??

no matter what you eat, your fast metabolism will kick in and burn it all, dont worry your metabolism will slow down as you age haha , dont complain after!!

Hehe

MemberMember
(@chillman266)

Posted : 03/17/2013 1:00 am

Interesting viewpoints. What if you follow a paleo diet, where insulin spike is not an issue?

Last but not least, if yo increase your calroic intake and play basketball 3 to 4 times a week, would that be okay??

>no matter what you eat, your fast metabolism will kick in and burn it all, dont worry your metabolism will slow down as you age haha , dont complain after!!

Hehe

Paleo diet releases insulin slower, because of high protein. however anytime you eat anything you release insulin, insulin=hormones=acne.I found that paleo diet is better for losing weight rather than gaining weight. If your skinny and acne prone, you have to increase activity level if you want to gain weight and avoid acne. Also timing of eating and working out is important, you have to eat while your metabolism is high. Hit up a good workout, then eat big then go for a slow walk. Don't sit around afterwards.

JUST BECAUSE YOUR SKINNY DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE A HIGH METABOLISM, it just means you have a normal metabolism and a small frame. heck you might even have a slow metabolism. Please don't believe that myth and eat whatever you want. Eat a large amount of healthy foods (doesn't have to be paleo) and hit up a good amount of excersize. If you cant execersize near when you eat don't eat big, wait until you can and then hit up a big meal. DON't eat a large breakfast, then watch tv for 8 hours then go play basketball, that is a prime way to get acne.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/17/2013 1:23 am

>no matter what you eat, your fast metabolism will kick in and burn it all, dont worry your metabolism will slow down as you age haha , dont complain a

fter!!

Hehe

Paleo diet releases insulin slower, because of high protein. however anytime you eat anything you release insulin, insulin=hormones=acne.I found that paleo diet is better for losing weight rather than gaining weight. If your skinny and acne prone, you have to increase activity level if you want to gain weight and avoid acne. Also timing of eating and working out is important, you have to eat while your metabolism is high. Hit up a good workout, then eat big then go for a slow walk. Don't sit around afterwards.

JUST BECAUSE YOUR SKINNY DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE A HIGH METABOLISM, it just means you have a normal metabolism and a small frame. heck you might even have a slow metabolism. Please don't believe that myth and eat whatever you want. Eat a large amount of healthy foods (doesn't have to be paleo) and hit up a good amount of excersize. If you cant execersize near when you eat don't eat big, wait until you can and then hit up a big meal. DON't eat a large breakfast, then watch tv for 8 hours then go play basketball, that is a prime way to get acne.

I am kind of confused on your philosophy chillman266. If one is following a paleo diet, in essence won't they be able to eat whatever they want (that is paleo friendly) and not get acne, regardless of activity levels?

Do you equate acne with activity levels?

MemberMember
(@chillman266)

Posted : 03/31/2013 1:47 am

>361843639">

>no matter what you eat, your fast metabolism will kick in and burn it all, dont worry your metabolism will slow down as you age haha , dont complain a

fter!!

Hehe

I am kind of confused on your philosophy chillman266. If one is following a paleo diet, in essence won't they be able to eat whatever they want (that is paleo friendly) and not get acne, regardless of activity levels?

Do you equate acne with activity levels?

if your trying to gain weight paleo is a bad idea, not enought energy for you to grow. Paleo is mostly for people looking to lose weight.

MemberMember
(@scov93)

Posted : 03/31/2013 4:01 am

oats are a great way to bulk. i eat about 150 grams per day plus 50grams of ground flax seed , 25grams of frozen blueberries and a banana and i have this 3 times a day. i then have 6 eggs for lunch and meat, sweet potato and 2 veggies for dinner. this totals betweeen 3500-4000 calories, alongside lifting weights i guarantee you will gain weight. im now 6 foot 3 and weigh around 215 pounds and my acne has never been better.

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 03/31/2013 4:30 pm

I don't really know what you're eating..... Fruit/veggie diet are healthy things, but I personally don't think they are a healthy way of eating.

Plus, maybe not just nutritionally deficient, but also... not eating enough calories can take a toll on the body. Make sure you are consuming enough calories.

Just from looking at your height and weight, you are def underweight. And if you are a male, then you are even more underweight...

I'm female, 5'2-5'3, and I weigh around 130 pounds. so if you are taller than me, and you weigh less than me.... =O

!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 04/01/2013 1:14 am

Yes I am definitely underweight.. But once again I am trying to find a diet that helps me gain weight and minimizes acne

What type of toll does not eating snuff calories take on the body??

Scov93, are the eggs you eat 100 % pasture raised??

Also are oats the only grains that do to give you acne?

Damn you eat a lot of fruits!!

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 04/01/2013 5:20 pm

Do you have any intolerances to foods? Sometimes it's a trial and error type of thing to see what your body reacts to...

I would still try to avoid dairy...

I eat eggs, and they don't break me out (regular grocery store ones, and organic free-range blah blah blah ones). They keep me full too...

If you are intolerant to gluten, I would still avoid the gluten free breads/products because they're loaded with crap.

Stuff like that.. but you have to know what you can and can not eat because everyone is different.

Some of the things that I EAT that does not break me out...:

Corn on the cob, watermelon, strawberries, green smoothies (!!! LOVE), sweet potatoes (live off this stuff), yams, bananas, eggs, white rice (no white flour organic kind..), fish, lemon, onions, garlic, lentils, brown rice, sushi (i make my own.. without soy sauce), fried rice (without soy sauce), vegetables, meat (chicken, and turkey). I eat beef too but in small quantities and not often because some people have problems with it...

I can not tolerante stuff like balsamic vinegar, mushrooms, grapes, nightshade vegetables (TOMATOS ARE THE DEVIL!...lmfao), beans, soy, peanuts/peanut butter...coconut, mangos, papayas........oranges/tangerines

And you absolutely MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST consume enough calories!!! Are you kidding me?! lol Calories provide your body the fuel.... to keep you going. Your organs and whole body will SUFFER if you do not consume enough calories. My friend lost her hair when she was anorexic. When I was anorexic, my body ached, my bones cracked a lot, I felt tired and weak all the time, my legs would cramp up, and I just looked SICK.

MemberMember
(@scov93)

Posted : 04/02/2013 9:31 am

Yes I am definitely underweight.. But once again I am trying to find a diet that helps me gain weight and minimizes acne

What type of toll does not eating snuff calories take on the body??

Scov93, are the eggs you eat 100 % pasture raised??

Also are oats the only grains that do to give you acne?

Damn you eat a lot of fruits!!

the eggs i get are organic( i get them form my local butcher)

can you rephrase the oat question i dont really know what you mean.

and yeah i do eat a lot of fruit but they satisfy my cravings for other sugary foods so i'll stick with them for now lol.