Notifications
Clear all

Just Purchased Aha+ Should I Use It?

MemberMember
(@kgreene158)

Posted : 02/09/2013 4:13 am

Hello, I'm Kenneth and I'm new to acne.org. I went on Accutane for 6 months and ever since then my skin has been clear. It's been 2 years since then, I get occasional pimples here and there but they die almost instantly. However I still have scars and I'm starting to get these tiny red spots in my pores (I'm guessing maybe I need to exfoliate or something). Should I use AHA+? I used to use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser but after washing my face every night with it, I started to get more breakouts so I've been using the Caveman method and my skin has become a lot clearer, but these little red dots in my pores and my scars bug the living hell out of me.

WHAT SHOULD I DOOO? lol.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/09/2013 7:57 am

Hello, I'm Kenneth and I'm new to acne.org. I went on Accutane for 6 months and ever since then my skin has been clear. It's been 2 years since then, I get occasional pimples here and there but they die almost instantly. However I still have scars and I'm starting to get these tiny red spots in my pores (I'm guessing maybe I need to exfoliate or something). Should I use AHA+? I used to use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser but after washing my face every night with it, I started to get more breakouts so I've been using the Caveman method and my skin has become a lot clearer, but these little red dots in my pores and my scars bug the living hell out of me.

WHAT SHOULD I DOOO? lol.

Red spots in pores... small pimples you mean? or more of a blackhead type thing? AHA can help clear out congested pores, but test it on one part of your face first to see how your skin reacts. What kind of scars do you have?

MemberMember
(@g5club)

Posted : 02/15/2013 2:13 pm

I've been on the regimine for about a little over a month. I got the AHA with the acne.org kit and I started using it right away but it irritated my skin. I looked on the Regimine site to see what it said about AHA irritation. The directions said to use the cleanser, treatment cream and moisterizer for a couple weeks first before starting the AHA. I started using a tiny bit of the AHA and have now worked my way up to about 1 tsp mixed in with my moisterizer and the jojoba oil. I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin! I finally don't have any cystic acne or white hard plugs sticking out of my skin and the itchy acne I had along my jaw line is gone along with the baby acne I had on my forehead. My skin is the clearest, smoothest and prettiest it has ever been and I'm 41 years old. I've been through hell with my skin so I'm getting ready to post my story/background for others to read.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/04/2013 4:08 am

I couldn't tell you if AHA helps with scars, but after 4 weeks on the regimen, I started using AHA and my red marks have been fading rapidly. I use it only at night with my moisturizer and jojoba oil. My skin has never looked better. Definitely recommend you use it.