32 Year Old Acne Su...

Notifications
Clear all

32 Year Old Acne Sufferer

MemberMember
(@mjg1980)

Posted : 02/09/2013 12:46 am

Greetings!

I am a 32 year old female that has suffered with acne for as long as i can remember. I still have moderate / severe acne. I have pretty much tried everything except for Accutane because I fear it. I came across acne.org and I will admit, I am quite weary about the regimen, especially in my age.

Is there anyone in my age bracket that suffers with moderate/severe acne and did the regimen help them?

Also, I have the most oily skin that I have at least seen - so everytime I use a mosturizer or jojoba oil in it, it seems to make my face worse.

any suggestions would be awesome!

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 02/09/2013 2:23 am

Greetings!

I am a 32 year old female that has suffered with acne for as long as i can remember. I still have moderate / severe acne. I have pretty much tried everything except for Accutane because I fear it. I came across acne.org and I will admit, I am quite weary about the regimen, especially in my age.

Is there anyone in my age bracket that suffers with moderate/severe acne and did the regimen help them?

Also, I have the most oily skin that I have at least seen - so everytime I use a mosturizer or jojoba oil in it, it seems to make my face worse.

Hi,you say you have moderate/severe acne,is it "common acne" as in say a rash/spots on your cheek or is it more random big spots here and there?.

MemberMember
(@mjg1980)

Posted : 02/09/2013 3:59 am

Greetings!

Hi,you say you have moderate/severe acne,is it "common acne" as in say a rash/spots on your cheek or is it more random big spots here and there?.

No this is regular acne, black heads, pimples, pustules and cyst acne , all over face , not just one particular spot or snything

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/09/2013 7:50 am

Greetings!

Have you tried some major diet changes? Did your parents ever have acne?

MemberMember
(@mjg1980)

Posted : 02/09/2013 1:04 pm

Yes, my mother still suffers from oily skin and acne. As far as diet, I have never really eliminated any foods. I lost a good amount of weight eating in moderation.. 50 lbs with weight watchers program..but never eliminated any foods

MemberMember
(@pr1nc355)

Posted : 02/10/2013 6:00 pm

Hi,

I'm the same age as you, I started Roaccutane in September 2012, I have just one pimple on my face.

I used to have crazy oily skin, after washing and moisturising I would get oily within 15 mins. It was awful and a few people comented the oilyness and the pimple's, which were big and deep cysts to small pimples that covered nearly all of my face! I always felt self conscious and carried tissues and paper in my bag to blot, I found that paper was better at sucking up the oil! How crazy is that, that you find weird things to stop the oil for a short amount of time? It always came back. :(

I have been on Roaccutane for 5 months now, at a dose of 40mg once a day. It has done wonders for my skin (smaller pores, nearly no oil production & just one pimple) and self esteem. I'm a lot more confident in myself and I dont touch or pick at skin any more, which has obviously stopped the spread of pimples.

I have a blog on here, check it out, I haven't been very good recently with updating. But you'll be able to read about my personal experiences.

I hope it helps, if you are serious about wanting better skin then you should stop reading negative posts (thats what I did) and use only your own experience to guide you, you'll also be under the care of a dermatologist, so can go to them for guidance. We are all different and medications work in different ways for all of us. I take a 8ooui dose of vitamin E before I take my Roaccutane, it's supposed to help as Roaccutane is fat soluble. I've had to get over the dry lip issue, headaches, and probably many more side affects as I'm thinking long term. I have spent well over 15 years of my life suffering with acne.

I feel a have a lot more head space for life now that I don't worry about my skin all the time. I feel good right now, I don't know about the long term effects but I'm drinking more water than before and taking better care of myself (eating better).

Good luck with whatever you decide. smile.png

MemberMember
(@miss-monster)

Posted : 02/12/2013 10:02 pm

Hi, Im about to celebrate my 32nd birthday and I feel your pain! I have no answers though, I was hoping to find some myself. :) Hang in there & if you find something that works please let me know. :)

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 02/13/2013 8:20 pm

I am also a 32 year old female, still battling pretty severe cystic acne isolated to my chin, with occasional minor breakouts elsewhere. My skin is super oily too. I have tried all sorts of treatments, sometimes with success (though always limited). My approach now is cleaning up my diet, taking some supplements (nothing crazy), drinking more water, exercising more, stress reduction, and a gentle approach to skincare. After lots of research I have decided to try Paula's Choice Clear. It gets rave reviews. It has only been two days, but so far so good. The products are very gentle, yet they seem to be effective. They are clear and odorless, which I love! I've already noticed a reduction in redness and inflammation. My current breakout seems to be healing up nicely.

I think you need to take a simple, realistic, yet multi-faceted approach to acne and that's what I'm trying...

MemberMember
(@jnie80)

Posted : 02/20/2013 11:22 am

Hey there!

I'm 32 years old too. :) I started to have acne on my early 20s. Used to be a severe type, but it has improved a lot. However, I can't avoid the acne keeps coming back especially during my menstrual month. My skin is oily at T-zone and normal at other areas. When I have period, I will suffer because 4-5 big acnes will appear on my face. No matter how much water i drink or good amount of sleep that i had. Worst thing, I also need to go to beauty center for facial treatment in monthly basis to extract blackheads and whiteheads. If I don't do it, high possibility for the acne to appear again. Overall, still have breakouts most of the time.

Just to share I bought acne.org products(Cleanser, treatment,moisturiser) just recently and had been using them for 3 days. So far, I'm happy with it. The products seem to be suit to my skin, didn't feel any dryness at all. Surprisingly, I dunno how it happened, blackheads and whiteheads also reducing on my face (felt it when applying my the products). :) I will keep on trying and monitor the condition :) Will share more if I can see any positive results.

Nice meeting all of you here! :)

MemberMember
(@xcrazycloudx)

Posted : 02/20/2013 12:00 pm

Hi, I'm a 28 year old female and I have been suffering from acne for many years. I have used a number of different products throughout the years but none have seemed to work. Currently I am using a gentle cleanser twice a day (sometimes three when I feel extra oily), use B.P. on spots during the day (at night I spread all over my face) and I use a gentle moisturizer with sunscreen during the day. The products I use now worked nicely, much better than some I've used in the past, and I have noticed less flare ups since I started them. I also take a multi-vitamin and fish oil daily.

My problem is, I noticed that when I eat junk food or sugary snacks, the next day a couple of pimples come up, and they are not pretty! A few months ago I stopped eating sugary snacks and cysts along my jawline and neck have disappeared so I am sure that sugar played a role in those nasty cysts. I have not eliminated junk food completely though because I still eat chips, I love chips, and when I eat chips I break out. So I am going to cut chips out just as I cut out sugar and see how that goes. So I say, its important to be gentle to your skin, but its just as important to be careful with what you eat. I will keep everyone posted on my NO JUNK FOOD-SUGAR diet.

MemberMember
(@birdboy)

Posted : 02/22/2013 7:54 am

Hi I'm 45. I've been using the acne.org plan for about 6 months and I love it. A few things that would have helped me to know: 1. This plan is gradual and takes time. A lot of the people that are posting are just starting out and are still frustrated and uncomfortable - it takes time...give it time! 2. Moisturizer. By the time you ramp up to the optimal dose of BP you will be shedding like a lizard - mix jojoba and a drop of vegetable glycerin with your moisturizer and let it soak in. If you're oily during the day, I love those blue clean and clear blotting papers. 3. The BP will bleach the sh*t out of everything. Invest in white towels, pillowcases, and pj tops. Hope this helps a little - my skin has improved immensely. I feel for you! Good luck.

PS changing my diet to sugar free for a year did nothing to my face. I now eat that way for my health, but my face couldn't care less.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/23/2013 2:52 pm

Greetings!

Have you tried one of the birth controls recommended for acne? See the list below. Only the ones in GREEN have been shown to help acne. Also Ortho Tri Cyclen is the one that works the least out of that list. I would recommend any of the other GREEN ones before Ortho Tri Cyclen.

MemberMember
(@kaslitsa)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:25 am

I am 26 and the regimen has completely changed my skin. I did modify by using cetaphil cleanser, and cerVe moisturizer along with the "treatment" sold here on acne.org. This is the only cocktail that i have seen results from in 10 years. It is worth a shot.

GOOD LUCK! i know how frustrating being an adult with acne could be.