Notifications
Clear all

Cold Sore Or Pimple?

MemberMember
(@karmadelayed)

Posted : 02/08/2013 9:42 pm

Hi rolleyes.gif I started accutane almost four months ago (read ). I'm 14, a girl, 5'6.5", 125 lbs, and on 80mg/day. A couple of days ago I noticed a two small lumps on my upper lip line and I believed they were pimples. However, I'm not so sure anymore and I think it might be a cold sore, but I have no idea how I could have ended up with one because I've never had one before and never kissed anyone with one. The most I've done is drink out of the same bottle as someone with a closed, healing one, but I don't think that could be the origin. Do you think Accutane may have contributed to this and do you think it's a cold sore or a pimple? My mom will flip if she finds out it's a cold sore, so I'm really hoping for the former. I use aquaphor liberally every night and numerous other chapsticks during the day since if I don't my lips will bleed but I have no idea if that did anything. It's kind of blurry, but here are some photos (excuse my still god awful cysty skin and the open part on my chin, I just washed my face a bit to roughly...):

thanks in advance!

dy7q11.jpg

Sorry for multiple posts, my browser screwed up and I have no idea how to delete them.

MemberMember
(@helton)

Posted : 02/11/2013 3:12 am

It's hard to tell, the easiest way to idenify cold sores is if they form mulitple white heads in the same area.

Here's a useful link I found by googling

http://www.ehow.com/how_5692293_tell-pimples-_amp_-cold-sores.html

I am sure yours are just pimples : )

I break out around my lips once in a blue moon too, and they are not cold sores.