Dans Benzoyl Treatm...

Notifications
Clear all

Dans Benzoyl Treatment

MemberMember
(@kevinsleyter)

Posted : 02/08/2013 12:49 am

After I apply the Treatment cream, my eyes just burn so much. Even after hours have passed, my eyes tend to burn and make me tear. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@joe-tran)

Posted : 02/08/2013 1:27 pm

maybe because you're putting it on/near your eyes?....

If you look at the instructions its quite clear that you shouldn't put it anywhere near your eyes, including when you're applying your moiisturiser

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/09/2013 8:05 pm

delete

MemberMember
(@kevinsleyter)

Posted : 02/10/2013 2:15 am

Thanks this was very helpful! I know it can be very irritating at times, and burns so much. Although I have seen some improvements in my skin, but then my face gets so red like burned as if I gotten to the beach or something. I don't know what to use to stop the redness. Moisturizer won't even help :/

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/12/2013 12:31 pm

Hey and welcome to the acne.org community! To answer your question, you are definitely putting BP too close to your eyes... Be extremely cautious when applying BP and moisturizer in this area... It is a common mistake for new and older regimen users. My suggestion is to apply BP and moisturizer in small amounts around your face and when you get to the eye area, use a pattern similar to aviator sunglasses or raccoon eyes... You may want to carefully review Dan's instructional videos to see how to properly apply the regimen. http://www.acne.org/regimen

Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress! :)

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 02/12/2013 4:28 pm

Whenever I apply BP near my eyes I take my index finger and my middle finger on my right hand (because I'm right handed), and place my index finger below my eye in the crease and sort of circle around my eye so I dont get any BP there, while my middle finger i lathering the BP perfectly around the area where your not supposed to put it. Kind of confusing, I know. Also, be gentle when you put on BP. I found out over one month of being on the Regimen, that you MUST be gentle while applying it. My skin was not getting any better (dryness & redness wise). The second I started being extra gentle with BP, is was magic, everything started fading away quickly.

Use a lot of moisturizer too (2 pumps), it helps irritation.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 02/17/2013 10:56 pm

I use to have this issue. Before you apply the BP close your eyes and apply 2 pumps of moisturizor on your eyelids. You have to make like a raccon mask around this area. then BP but make sure not to pass the line where the racoon mask is.