Notifications
Clear all

What To Do About Red Bumps On Back And Chest?

MemberMember
(@brown_girl)

Posted : 02/07/2013 4:37 pm

I'm a Black female and I've had back and chest acne since I've been a teenager. I have brown marks, plus a ton of red bumps on chest and back. I was thinking about using the back regimen. My back itches also. When I scratch some of the time, the bumps bleed or pop. Some are whiteheads while others are red. What do you recommend I use? TIA

MemberMember
(@becca1408)

Posted : 02/07/2013 4:59 pm

Hi :)

I used to have really bad spots on my back and shoulders but found that using 10% benzoyl peroxide cream once a day calmed them a lot. Now i just have some tiny bumps but im fnding it hard getting hold of the cream now as amazon don't seem to have any just now :/

I also managed to associate a lot of my chest pimples with the deoderant I use. it took me ages to realise that using spray deoderant was causing it. Now ive switched to roll ons only and have seen a big decrease in my chest spots! I think I'll always be shy about showing my back or chest though.until they clear completely

May or may not help but hope it goes for you soon.

xxx

MemberMember
(@brown_girl)

Posted : 02/07/2013 5:13 pm

I use Dial soap and a clear gel deodorant, so I don't know if that's causing it. Even when I use Dove soap, I still get breakouts. You can buy 10% bp anywhere. The drugstore, grocery store, and dollar stores.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 02/10/2013 4:21 am

You should probably consult a dermatologist. It is very tough for an untrained eye to diagnose these problems and you can go around in circles forever trying to figure it out. They can be bacterial, or fungal, or hormonal, or "other", or a combination of these. Each requires a different type of treatment/product. You almost have to work through each type with a process of elimination approach. I went through this for about the last year and finally the the derm doc did a biopsy to find out I had something in the "other" category called Grovers disorder. It was itchy like you describe. I was prescribed a steroid cream called triamcinolone and it has significantly cleared up the condition. I never would have figured it out on my own. Best of luck.

MemberMember
(@david-lortscher)

Posted : 02/17/2013 9:15 pm

Hi brown_girl, in addition to the benzoyl peroxide, it sounds like you need something extra.

If the bumps are large and inflamed, I would consider trying Nizoral (ketoconazole) shampoo in case there's a component of pityrosporum folliculitis. Make sure to leave it on for at least 2 minutes before rinsing off.

If the bumps are small and non-inflamed, maybe something like Dan's AHA could help clear out any blocked pores.