Notifications
Clear all

I Have Low Testosterone?

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 02/07/2013 1:12 am

I did a body scan a while ago and it says my levels of testosterone were low. Which can cause depression in men (which I have.) I was just wondering, as I know it can affect acne. Does LOW testosterone affect acne? I may be getting a blood test done or something to find out.

So can low testosterone cause acne?

I'm 18, male btw.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/07/2013 6:28 am

increase ur zinc/potassium/beta carotene intake if possible from natural foods. Stop masturbating and exercise.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 02/07/2013 6:03 pm

But can low testosterone cause acne?? just wondering

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 02/08/2013 11:26 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 02/10/2013 6:50 pm

Does anyone know when it comes to low testosterone?

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 02/11/2013 10:53 pm

no one here can help with this? :/

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/12/2013 8:52 pm

Do you have the full results of your test? There are many types of androgens, testosterone is just one of them. It is actually DHT (dihydrotestosterone) which is most often linked to acne.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/12/2013 11:41 pm

low testosterone as far as I know is related to low zinc.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 02/19/2013 1:05 am

I could try get a zinc test done. And I'll check the results when I get back home so I know what ones were tested for my hormones

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 04/06/2013 10:02 pm

Do you have the full results of your test? There are many types of androgens, testosterone is just one of them. It is actually DHT (dihydrotestosterone) which is most often linked to acne.

I'm seeing a Endocrinologist in 3 days to check my hormones and testosterone levels and what not. The blood test I got a while ago tested some of my reproductive hormones : FSH, LH, Testosterone, DHEAS.

It said all was in normal range or close to the middle except my

LH and testosterone which were really low, 1.1 for testosterone on the chart when the OK/average amount is 11.5 - 32.0 for testosterone and I got a 1.1 on LH when the ok/average was 2.0 - 10.0 for LH.

I've been told that this imbalance could cause other hormonal imbalances. So when I see the endocronoligist besides getting tested for those things, is there anything in particular I should ask for to know if hormones are causing my acne?

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 04/07/2013 6:12 pm

bump, anyone else here know anything about hormones etc?

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 04/08/2013 9:01 pm

anyone??

MemberMember
(@andres123)

Posted : 05/05/2013 3:59 am

Jekester, what did your endo tell you?

I'm actually interested in the answer to the original question...

Anyone else knows if low testosterone levels may alo induce acne (directly or indirectly) ??

MemberMember
(@shinigami)

Posted : 05/18/2013 11:05 am

I have low free testo and very oily skin + bad acne : \

MemberMember
(@chillman266)

Posted : 11/24/2013 6:52 pm

Hello it's good you caught this problem early at 18 I went through the same thing from ages 17 to 24 and I wish I caught it sooner. Your most likely extrmely thin like I used to be never developed much facial hair body hair during puberty and still suffer from acne. I suffered depression throughout those seven years and sever acne, I got on some vitaminb5 which got my acne down but I went to the doctors and I tested for low test 105ng/dl

I got with an endo and he was not very aggressive about treating me he wanted me to go through hundreds of tests and months of waiting. The only sure way to increase testosterone is to inject testosterone in the form of TRT, transdermal creams suck and will not make you feel any better, only after 3 month of being diagnosed I got with a hormone replacement doctor and he prescribed me testosterone cypionate. My acne remained the same moderate despite being on hormones and my sense of well being came back within 6weeks. Along with that I put on muscle for the first time in my life and stared taking interest in women. I am now going to start low dose accutane to clear up whatever is left of my acne hey if you need help pm me there Are many guys that faced your problem like myself and they can get you through it.