Notifications
Clear all

Thinking Of Trying Proactiv Plus.

MemberMember
(@jepooley)

Posted : 02/06/2013 9:06 pm

I've always been very anti Proactiv because of the numerous complaints posted via this website. I also personally believe the original Proactiv contains way too much BP and is far too drying. However I was intrigued by this new product called Proactiv Plus. It's also a three step program and it contains a skin soothing exfoliator (sounds a like a bit of a contradiction to me), a pore targeting treatment (2.5% BP), and a complexion perfecting hydrator. In other words it's a bunch of fancy names for a wash, treatment, and moisturizer. Likewise the ingredients did seem to be quite promising.

So my question is what do you guys think of this new Proactiv? What are your opinion on the ingredients?

Here's the link to the website : www.proactivplus.com/

You can find the ingredients by clicking order now and then selecting the 3-step system tab. You'll see the names of the products on the right side. Just click on the name and it'll bring a whole bunch of information about the product in it. There's 2 other tabs that include a whole bunch of kits with extras in them. I haven't really looked at them yet though.

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 02/10/2013 1:18 pm

I used the original Proactiv for years with lots of success (ages16-28). I stopped using it a couple years ago because it started becoming to drying for me. I have since been on the hunt for something that is equally effective for me, but more gentle. I am tempted to try this new Proactiv...but I haven't come across any real reviews yet, because it's so new. So I'm hesitant, but interested.

MemberMember
(@bobbyz1)

Posted : 02/15/2013 3:39 pm

I'd hold off on the ProActiv and instead try to get to the root of your acne problem.

Find out what's causing it in your case...and go from there.

ProActiv is a very short term solution. Their products temporarily relieve acne, but also cause acne. It's how they make money. If you no longer had acne, they'd no longer have your money. They send you a kit every month, which in theory, should be unnecessary.

Again, I'd try to get to the root of your acne problem before buying any products which are just putting a temporary blanket of sorts over the real, bigger issue.

What's your diet like? What do you eat? Do you exercise?

MemberMember
(@jepooley)

Posted : 02/20/2013 12:05 am

I used the original Proactiv for years with lots of success (ages16-28). I stopped using it a couple years ago because it started becoming to drying for me. I have since been on the hunt for something that is equally effective for me, but more gentle. I am tempted to try this new Proactiv...but I haven't come across any real reviews yet, because it's so new. So I'm hesitant, but interested.

Do they even include a full sized moisturizer? I'm currently using Dan's BP, it's not terribly drying anymore but it makes my skin flaky. The new Proactiv looks promising though. I hope someone tries it soon so we can see some reviews.

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 02/20/2013 9:42 am

Do they even include a full sized moisturizer? I'm currently using Dan's BP, it's not terribly drying anymore but it makes my skin flaky. The new Proactiv looks promising though. I hope someone tries it soon so we can see some reviews.

I'm not sure what's included with the new Proactiv kit. I actually decided to try Paula's Choice Clear...it's only been about 10 days, but I love it so far! I'm hoping that using these products, along with some other dietary and lifestyle improvements that I've made, will help me achieve clearer skin.

MemberMember
(@jepooley)

Posted : 02/21/2013 12:58 pm

I'm not sure what's included with the new Proactiv kit. I actually decided to try Paula's Choice Clear...it's only been about 10 days, but I love it so far! I'm hoping that using these products, along with some other dietary and lifestyle improvements that I've made, will help me achieve clearer skin.

Does Paula use salicylic acid?

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 02/21/2013 2:27 pm

Does Paula use salicylic acid?

I think the cleanser and the toner contain salicylic acid...you can check out the website and get product details. Normally salicylic acid doesn't agree with me, but this formulation seems to be extremely gentle, yet I am seeing results.

MemberMember
(@ommghii)

Posted : 02/23/2013 2:44 pm

Hey! I actually was part of the trials for proactiv plus last summer. I'm on the before and after picture at the bottom of the site lol. Regular proactiv never really worked for me but this formulation did the trick. I took a round of accutane when I was 18 but it ended up coming back around 20. My skin wasn't even flaky with this formula, like with other BP treatments. In about 2 weeks, I had no new active spots...and each month was just an improvement from the last. I definitely would give it a try!!!

MemberMember
(@bryzer03)

Posted : 02/25/2013 1:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I used the original formula of Proactiv from the age of 14 to 26...12 years! During that time, I also took two rounds of Accutane, antibiotics, etc - it appeared that only the harsh, invasive treatments helped to heal my stubborn acne. Then, I had to have an emergency appendectomy in October of 2012, which threw my entire system for a loop, especially my skin. My acne continued to worsen, and because of my health scare, I went on an "all-natural, all organic" kick, and quit using Proactiv. I then developed some of the most painful, cystic acne I had ever had in my life.

In response to the overload of scholarly literature that details direct connections between diets that include gluten, dairy, and processed foods, I cut these items from my daily routine the beginning of this month (February 2013). In just a few days I saw the inflammation and redness from my acne decrease; however, after 2 weeks, my acne was not magically gone, just reduced. But I still felt encouraged, as I had not seen a reduction in acne since October 2012!

My mom had heard about Proactiv+, and because it is paraben-free and more moisturizing, I decided to give it a go. They guarantee that if you don't see dramatic results within 60 days, you can return the bottles, even if they are empty, for a full refund. So I reasoned that this is a win-win solution for me, where I have nothing to lose but my acne if it's a successful treatment. It's not the all-natural, all-organic approach I would prefer; however, self-confidence is paramount in my business/occupation, and I have unfortunately suffered the effects of low self-esteem and depression during this period, to which I'm sure many of you can relate. I've been using it for 5 full days, and I am noticing EXTREME differences in the size of my acne. My cystic acne has shrunk, white heads have decreased, the pain is nearly subsided, and my acne is easier to cover using makeup. I have promised myself that I will stick to my gluten-free and dairy-free diet (but I do still eat eggs) in addition to the twice daily routine of Proactiv+ for the next 8 weeks. I will report back Wednesday, April 17th with before and after pictures to visualize the results of this lifestyle change for all of you.

I have desperately been searching Proactiv+ reviews online. Since it is a brand new product, I suppose I may have to be one of the first to spread the word. Like I said before, so far I'm enjoying the results, and I have found this product to be successful. I hope I have inspired you to treat your acne holistically, from the inside-out. What you put into your body is just as significant as what you put onto your skin, and choosing safe, effective products is just as important as choosing healthy foods that your unique body can digest. Your skin is the largest organ in your body. Why have we as a society written off the effects of our diet on our largest organ? We know that drinking too much alcohol ruins your liver. In people with acne, it is highly likely that, in addition to requiring a more intense BPO treatment, our diet has much to do with our digestive health and, in turn, our skin health.

God bless you all, and best wishes on your journey!

Sincerely,

Bry

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 02/26/2013 8:03 am

Hey! I actually was part of the trials for proactiv plus last summer. I'm on the before and after picture at the bottom of the site lol. Regular proactiv never really worked for me but this formulation did the trick. I took a round of accutane when I was 18 but it ended up coming back around 20. My skin wasn't even flaky with this formula, like with other BP treatments. In about 2 weeks, I had no new active spots...and each month was just an improvement from the last. I definitely would give it a try!!!

I'm glad the new Proactiv is working for you! Could you tell us what kind of acne you have/had? I have use Proactiv in the past, had lots of success with it in my late teens/early twenties. I quit using it in my late twenties because it seemed like it wasn't helping anymore (but looking back it may have been other external factors that were contributing to the breakouts, but made me think that Proactiv had quit on me...). Since then I've tried several products and skincare lines, to no avail. I am now 32 and am still trying to keep breakouts at bay, primarily on my chin (hormonal cystic acne), but I'm also concerned about anti-aging. Any thoughts if Proactiv Plus would be something I should try? Thanks!!!

MemberMember
(@bjg26)

Posted : 02/26/2013 11:36 am

Hello All:
I recently joined the site because I too found myself searching the internet feverishly for Proactiv+ reviews and could not find anything. So, I took a chance and ordered the three step system. A little about my skin; I did a round of Accutane when I was 18 and like someone else on the board my acne came back around 23. I am now 26 and my skin has drastically changed. I now have mild to moderate acne (no cystic acne) and my skin is extremely dry making it difficult to find products that don't completely dry out my skin. I have been using the Proactiv+ for about a week and so far I am happy with the results. I use the full three step system at night followed by an additional moisturizer. In the morning I rinse well with warm water and use only step 3 followed by an additional moisturizer/SPF. Proactiv+ is definitely a much gentler formula than its predecessor. If you do not have extremely dry skin I doubt you will need the additional moisturizer. If you do need extra moisture just make sure there is no acne fighting ingredient. If you are considering trying the product I would definitely give it a shot. I compared the ingredients in the new line versus the original and there were very few that were used in both.
MemberMember
(@ommghii)

Posted : 02/26/2013 2:28 pm

I'm glad the new Proactiv is working for you! Could you tell us what kind of acne you have/had? I have use Proactiv in the past, had lots of success with it in my late teens/early twenties. I quit using it in my late twenties because it seemed like it wasn't helping anymore (but looking back it may have been other external factors that were contributing to the breakouts, but made me think that Proactiv had quit on me...). Since then I've tried several products and skincare lines, to no avail. I am now 32 and am still trying to keep breakouts at bay, primarily on my chin (hormonal cystic acne), but I'm also concerned about anti-aging. Any thoughts if Proactiv Plus would be something I should try? Thanks!!!

Hey!! Beforei started using proactiv + i had blackheads, whiteheads, minor cystic along the jaw and very oily skin, lol you name it - i got it. I definitely think you should give it a try. I was super skeptical at first when i tried it ( i had no idea it was even proactiv, it came it unmarked bottles), but even after the first time using it my skin just felt fresher!! At about 2 weeks I noticed a significant difference, less red, less blotchy, more "glowy" lol.

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 02/26/2013 2:41 pm

Hey!! Beforei started using proactiv + i had blackheads, whiteheads, minor cystic along the jaw and very oily skin, lol you name it - i got it. I definitely think you should give it a try. I was super skeptical at first when i tried it ( i had no idea it was even proactiv, it came it unmarked bottles), but even after the first time using it my skin just felt fresher!! At about 2 weeks I noticed a significant difference, less red, less blotchy, more "glowy" lol.

Your skin sounds a lot like mine. I also have the mixed bag. What is currently troubling me the most is the cystic acne along my jawline and on my chin. It's my only real "problem area" right now, but it is a BIG problem. I have some blackheads and whiteheads, and my skin is super oily. I am 32 and I'm so tired of it. Being a new product, there are very few real reviews out there, so I appreciate your feedback :) I think I may place an order... Do you still use the products and are you maintaining your skin improvements? Thanks :)

MemberMember
(@ommghii)

Posted : 02/26/2013 3:11 pm

Your skin sounds a lot like mine. I also have the mixed bag. What is currently troubling me the most is the cystic acne along my jawline and on my chin. It's my only real "problem area" right now, but it is a BIG problem. I have some blackheads and whiteheads, and my skin is super oily. I am 32 and I'm so tired of it. Being a new product, there are very few real reviews out there, so I appreciate your feedback smile.png I think I may place an order... Do you still use the products and are you maintaining your skin improvements? Thanks smile.png

Yes. I am still using the product religiously. I wash my face with the scrub and put about 2 pumps of the treatment on every morning and night. It keeps the majority of the problems away. I'll still get the occasional minor zit...but nothing to fret about. Have you looked into possibly taking spironolactone for the cystic along the jawline?

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 02/26/2013 3:42 pm

I agree, an occasional minor zit is manageable :) I have thought about spiro, but I'm hesitant. Right now I'm working on dietary changes, exercising more, drinking more water, stressing less, all that good stuff. And a good skincare routine is important to me and something that I've always maintained. I do think that I will order this and give it a shot :)

MemberMember
(@rjt623)

Posted : 03/04/2013 10:24 am

I ordered Proactiv Plus and started using it last Monday, so it's been a week. So far I like the products, they seem less harsh than regular Proactiv. They have no fragrance, which is nice. Although each step has an active ingredient, they are super gentle. I have NO burning, stinging, or increased redness. In fact, my skin seems calmer in this first week. I was having steady active breakouts on my chin, and it looks significantly better. Any active spots have calmed down, and the ones that were healing seem like they're healing up more quickly. I will continue to use these products and see how things go. I have to remind myself to be patient and that things take time...I always want dramatic overnight results, which I know is unrealistic!

MemberMember
(@bryzer03)

Posted : 03/16/2013 3:38 pm

I tried Proactive Plus for a week. At first, I LOVED the products. THEN, my face all of a sudden became overwhelmingly dry and stiff, to the point where I couldn't smile! In a week, I saw that my acne HAD GOTTEN WORSE!! I immediately called them, and they sent me a free kit of the regular proactiv, and it's been working better. I'm also using a topical antibiotic called clindamycin! Results are SLOWLY improving. I have an appointment with the dermatologist on Tuesday!

MemberMember
(@laura77433)

Posted : 03/26/2013 5:31 pm

I was in a trial group last year and have used it over a year now. I love it. I am 46 and nothing ever really helped my acne except this product. I am thankful it is on the market now. My skin looks awesome now.

MemberMember
(@centreelove)

Posted : 03/30/2013 7:22 pm

Do It. I tried it and it's pretty good I guess. If your going to use proactive you should read their FAQ. Some good info there that helepd me with my treatment

MemberMember
(@ladyducky)

Posted : 04/16/2013 11:37 am

I'm 30 years old and still have acne (the really fun hormonal kind), whiteheads & some scarring. Growing up on the beach, I also have some sun damage/discoloring and now some small wrinkles starting...did I mention I also have a pregnancy mask around my mouth? Yeah, my skin is awesome:p I needed something that would not only battle the acne but also marks and aging. I tried everything (even the regular pro active years ago) with zero success. BUT I'm now on DAY 7 using Pro Active Plus and I am one happy girl!!

So I got the 3 step program and got the mark fading pads, the mask and eye brightening serum as the free gifts. On the first use it gave my skin that really good tingle/burny feeling but had ZERO irritation or tightness, just a clean glow. The free mark fading pads only had 5 in the box, so I decided to save these for treatment every other night. By Day 3 I had a few stubborn pimples finally come to the surface and leave without a mark. My whitehead patches were 80% gone. The skin around my eyes was much softer, less tired looking. My over all skin was super soft with still no excessive drying. Day 5 I noticed my pregnancy mask and marks were much much lighter. I also did a full "shed" on this day when I washed my face. It was like a full layer of dead skin was just falling of my face and neck. This went on for Day 5 and 6 but completed it's cycle today and what I see in the mirror is much healthier, clearer, softer, even skin and the lines around my eyes are much softer already. I have NO new breakouts and the old ones are just gone! I definitely needed a high SPF sunblock, which we should wear anyway, but exposure to the sun was the only time I felt sensitivity & got red. I got an SPF 40 and that did the trick. I'm super hopeful that I'll keep moving in a positive direction with this product and that it keeps working so well. As of now I would highly recommend giving it a try!

MemberMember
(@pandasforthewin2)

Posted : 09/14/2013 10:03 am

I am incredibly disappointed in proactiv +'s business practices. I never once authorized 90 day supplies to be charged to my credit card. I have interacted with several representatives who never once mentioned that this was your policy.

I was told over the phone by one of your representatives that I "obviously [had] acne" and should want to continue your product. I found this practice of coercion incredibly degrading.

If you're thinking of ordering, watch out. They'll send you items you never ordered which will find their way to your bill. I would try something else to avoid running into their shady business practices.

MemberMember
(@natashie)

Posted : 09/17/2013 7:08 pm

I just went through my fist few weeks of proactiv+ and have decided to switch back to regular proactiv. It was effective for me for years when I used it alongside routine facials with extractions.

I have fair/sensitive skin and I found the product caused me lots of redness and irritation. The first few days were great because of the exfoliation, but that got to be too much and the area around my nose also got super oily!

I was hoping it would be the magic trick I needed for my hormonal acne around my jaw, but no such luck. I'm more broken out than ever.

I envy those who say this product worked. I'm jealous.

MemberMember
(@natashie)

Posted : 09/17/2013 7:11 pm

I am incredibly disappointed in proactiv +'s business practices. I never once authorized 90 day supplies to be charged to my credit card. I have interacted with several representatives who never once mentioned that this was your policy.

I was told over the phone by one of your representatives that I "obviously [had] acne" and should want to continue your product. I found this practice of coercion incredibly degrading.

If you're thinking of ordering, watch out. They'll send you items you never ordered which will find their way to your bill. I would try something else to avoid running into their shady business practices.

Glad I'm not the only one! I had a horrible time trying to figure out how to return the product. I am praying a refund happens easily, but something tells me it won't. I also got charged for 2 products that never came in the mail. Insult to injury after the product irritated my face. I'm going to back to buying original proactiv at the mall kiosk.

MemberMember
(@ktinil)

Posted : 10/07/2013 10:06 am

I've never tried Proactiv + but I tried Proactiv and it didn't work for me. I don't think benzoyl peroxide is an ingredient that agrees with me. It has always made my breakouts worse. I've used Almay Clear Comlexion make-up for years (35+) and it is the only thing that has kept my skin clear. It contains salicylic acid which is a great exfoliator if your skin can tolerate it. I also use hydrogen peroxide as a toner. It dries up the breakouts fast and in a couple of days they are pretty much gone. It also helps dry oily skin ( but not overly) and takes care of the bacteria on the skin which is a big reason why people break out in the first place. And its cheap. I only buy the smallest size bottles though because it loses its effectiveness over time. If it is too drying to use everyday you can just use it as often as works for you. I think you will be surprised by the results. Mind you I'm not a doctor and this is in no way medical advise. Just a fellow suffer who found something that works for me and at 60 I think my skin looks pretty good. I think the many years of slowly exfoliating my skin has gone a long way to giving it a more youthful appearance.

post-354973-0-43758800-1381157672.jpg

MemberMember
(@vroom456)

Posted : 10/19/2013 8:42 am

Ok, i'm using proactiv plus to try it out.....and........if anyone lives in the western part of the united states proactiv is still drying and it makes my skin really red.... and that was only the first day. Great for places of high humidity not so much for the dry states. I don't know if i want to keep going or not im using it every other day now