Notifications
Clear all

Warning: For Any Of You Considering That Baby Powder Treatment

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 02/06/2013 8:48 pm

So i was reading a post in this section talking about using baby powder for acne.

The only baby powder you should ever use period is an organic version that uses corn starch. And i'm not even sure if this would have any beneficial effect on acne. In fact i highly doubt it, but if you've had success using powder, who am i to tell you that you didn't. I have personally tried baby powder when i was dealing with outbreaks, and it amplified them greatly.

One of the reasons body acne is so prevalent is due to your body compensating for the stripping away of natural oils by producing more. The skin is reacting constantly to what we are doing to it in order to try and maintain a balance, and i posted earlier about a girl who cured her body acne by using an organic body cream.

The fact is baby powder uses Talc powder as it's main ingredient, and this has been linked to tumors in the lung, as well as tumors in the ovaries of women. Why? Because in it's powdered form, the fibers act very similarly to Asbestos fibers. Think about how much of that stuff you are breathing in when you pour it into your hand. And think about how much you're potentially absorbing when it's put around reproductive areas.

http://www.preventca...metics/talc.htm

MemberMember
(@katiejanezeebra)

Posted : 05/15/2013 5:47 pm

Plus it has the same effect as putting sudocrem on for example, it doesn't help instead rather it acts as a masking product making it look better.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/17/2013 12:56 am

does sudocrem irritate acne?

MemberMember
(@missmandy6)

Posted : 05/31/2013 4:10 pm

According to the EWG, talc used in cosmetics and body products has had to be asbestos free since the 70's.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 07/22/2013 7:13 pm

It's possibly carcinogenic to humans. I'm sure some asbestos sneaks through during the talcum powder processing period. It is warned against women using this on the genital area because of an slight increased risk in ovarian cancer. This is only pertaining the women who used it on the genital area for 2+ years. I'm going to disregard all the studies done on rats and hamsters and I think ya'll should do the same. No normal talc product consumer is inhaling large quantities of talc for 6+ hours a day for 2+ years unless you've mined talc. So I find those lab rat studies unrelatable to your adverage talc users.

Talc is in many cosmetics. It's really up to you to decide if you want to use talcum powder or not. Talc is organic and natural so this goes to show you organic, all natural is not always safe. Lots of natural things can cause some sort of illness when used in excessive amounts.

Just don't inhale large amounts of baby powder like that lady from My strange addiction. And don't use it on your genital area just to play it safe.