Notifications
Clear all

Just Would Like To Know Theyre Are Other People Out There Like Me..

MemberMember
(@kbeex3)

Posted : 02/06/2013 5:03 pm

I know this sounds stupid and maybe a little over dramtic but i really feel like i cant go on with my life anymore.. i know stupid .. but its how i feel acne has taken over my life and i want it back, its not fair i sometimes find myself wondering what did i do so bad to deserve this? -__- i just want this journey of hell to be over with i want MY life back i cant do anything without being self concious or my anxiety going through the roof like going out with friends, have a love life, getting a job, etc.. because of my acne, it is holding me back so much and just making me hate myself i dont even look in the mirror anymore because i HATE what i see. i see a monster looking back at me :/ i hate to sound so over dramatic to because i know there are people out there who have much worse things than acne, but i cant help it i just want to have a "normal" life whatever that is.. i know i need to keep moving on and be strong though because i have a 11 month old daughter and i want her to be proud of me and look up to me and i just dont think she'll be proud of someone who looks like i do cry.gif i dont know i guess it would just be nice to talk to some people or make friends with people who are going throught the same thing i am because i dont have anyone in my life who understands me. thanks for listening to me.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/06/2013 5:50 pm

I know this sounds stupid and maybe a little over dramtic but i really feel like i cant go on with my life anymore.. i know stupid .. but its how i feel acne has taken over my life and i want it back, its not fair i sometimes find myself wondering what did i do so bad to deserve this? -__- i just want this journey of hell to be over with i want MY life back i cant do anything without being self concious or my anxiety going through the roof like going out with friends, have a love life, getting a job, etc.. because of my acne, it is holding me back so much and just making me hate myself i dont even look in the mirror anymore because i HATE what i see. i see a monster looking back at me :/ i hate to sound so over dramatic to because i know there are people out there who have much worse things than acne, but i cant help it i just want to have a "normal" life whatever that is.. i know i need to keep moving on and be strong though because i have a 11 month old daughter and i want her to be proud of me and look up to me and i just dont think she'll be proud of someone who looks like i do cry.gif i dont know i guess it would just be nice to talk to some people or make friends with people who are going throught the same thing i am because i dont have anyone in my life who understands me. thanks for listening to me.

Hi hun, you ae in good company as many of us have or still do feel this way about our acne and needing an outlet. I have had acne since i was 14/15 and i am nearing 30 still with it. If you want to PM feel free to do so.

I find for me that keep busy with a job and friends really takes my mind off of my horrible skin. I am currently on accutane and not getting the results i want so i am trying to be a very busy bee.

Good Luck and keep your head up. You have a wonderful baby that loves you unconditionally

MemberMember
(@mrska)

Posted : 02/06/2013 5:55 pm

i know exactly how you feel... i feel so depressed and often think i would be better of dead. if it were not for my two kids i think i would have tried to kill myself a long time ago. my acne is not as bad as many other people but to me it's bad. i know it could and has been way worse but i cant shake the feeling that i have. I'm here to talk if you want. i suffer from cystic acne and i tend to pick and of course that makes it worse. i have lost two jobs in the past as a result of this. i hide and i'm embarrassed to go to work when i'm having a bad breakout. today for example i called into work because of a breakout. i wish i could go somewhere and be alone for like a month just to focus on me but that will never happen. i have to be here for my kids..... i also often feel so alone in this....

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/06/2013 6:30 pm

i know exactly how you feel... i feel so depressed and often think i would be better of dead. if it were not for my two kids i think i would have tried to kill myself a long time ago. my acne is not as bad as many other people but to me it's bad. i know it could and has been way worse but i cant shake the feeling that i have. I'm here to talk if you want. i suffer from cystic acne and i tend to pick and of course that makes it worse. i have lost two jobs in the past as a result of this. i hide and i'm embarrassed to go to work when i'm having a bad breakout. today for example i called into work because of a breakout. i wish i could go somewhere and be alone for like a month just to focus on me but that will never happen. i have to be here for my kids..... i also often feel so alone in this....

Have you been to the derm? How are you treating it? There are threads on vitamin B5 and acne look into it. My suggestion will be to use a green tea cleanser, a B5 serum possibly from skinceuticals and a super antioxidant moisturizer. Also do yoga and drink vegetable juice.

There are laser treatments like ipl, vbeam etc. that can get rid of acne fast.

MemberMember
(@nikki1586)

Posted : 02/06/2013 10:33 pm

I know exactly how you feel about wanting to die because of acne. I've suffered with acne for 15 years and nothing seems to ever work. I have lost many friendships because I would hide, and still do, and not want to go to parties or see people. I am able to hold a job, but sometimes I don't even know how..... To think abou ti, I probably can hold a job because I know that I need the money to purchase products for my face (even though nothing seems to help). It takes me about 30 minutes or so to put makeup on in the morning before work- and when I come home I wash it off and pretty much stay in my house until I go to work the next day....it's quite sad....very sad..... So I definitely knw how you feel.... But doing things to make you feel better, like exercising, and yoga can help with some depression issues related to acne. Writing about your issues can help- and even cooking, or drawing can help make yourself feel better and distract you from your own pain of acne. I know I can give advice on it, but it's just difficult for me to follow my own adivce.....how sad. When I did yoga my face cleared up a lot, but I just can't bring myself to go to yoga anymore because my face is just soo bad these past few months.

MemberMember
(@coconutkai12)

Posted : 02/08/2013 11:44 pm

Do not worry, I was just like you! I have had acne since I was 10 and a half years old! Please don't doubt yourself because life just has to get better! Keep your head held high and don't worry about anything because the best is sure to come!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 02/09/2013 2:31 am

we have a lot in common....... i believe Acne has ruined my life as well..... still am feeling shame and guilt, always asking myself why.... why is this happening to me, what did i do wrong for me to suffer like this.....

life is unfair....acne is unfair....... i didn't know that acne would affect me this way.... i didn't know it would hurt this much.... physically and emotionally i am sooo drained and exhausted....

sometimes i look in the mirror and i don't even see myself anymore..... sounds crazy but it'sthe truth....

i don't trust even my own family with my feelings, coz they will never understand me...people who never had acne will never understand people who has it....

in acne.org , i've found friends whom i don't even know personally but accepts me for who i am.....

so don't lose hope...we're all here for each other!!!!

MemberMember
(@oldognewtricks)

Posted : 02/10/2013 2:39 pm

Don't give up! geez we have been at the cp all morning having "lurked" on this site for the past couple months and not wanting to get involved as most parents are, we couldn't just sit here and continue to read and do nothing. After reading your post we joined Acne.org. see our new post about intro's.

First, you are going to get better! Acne can be beat if you stay with this website. DAN THE MAN who started this site contains the best advice, hands down.

Ok, now to get you better. Our 14 yr old daugther is on her acutane journey now, she started in Nov 2012 so we are in the trenches right now and we see our daugther and how it affects her life.

Our 20 yr old daugther already took the acutane journey in high school; and it is a miracle drug. Today, when we see her skin, it's as if she never had acne in her life; her skin is flawless even after having suffered moderate acne.

Have you considered acutane? it works and yes there are side effects but as with any drug, if used correclty and intelligently, this drug works miracles. Please look at this post from the website; it contains before and after pics. the before pics of acne are disturbing; the after pics will make you cry the results are so unbelivable.

I am in my mid 50's and have suffered from acne since high school; i had a round of acutane at or near your age, but didn't get the full dosage b/c of health issues; consequently, i still have some acne.BUT if you follow the REGIMINE, this has been the best solution by far for me. Either start the Regiment now or make that appt with your derm and consider acutane. Acne can be beat but you need to take that first step. Believe us as parents, and you as a mother of a small child will understand, we would never have given our children acutane if we believed it would in anyway jeapordize their life; but doing nothing is worse! Take that first step, go to a dermatologist please consider acutane. It really works!

MemberMember
(@thissitesucks)

Posted : 02/14/2013 3:10 pm

Keep your head up. Things get better. What helped my acne was the Obaji Clenziderm system. It takes anywhere from 6 weeks to 24 weeks. But it was well worth it.

If you decide to try it. Please, please, please do not pick while on this skin care system. Let the medicine naturally dry the spots out or go get a facial. It will look ugly for the first six weeks, but the results are unreal once your skin adjusts. It will dry it all out and and leave you with flawless skin as long as you don't pick. I made this mistake and now I'm suffering from a few scars. Oh well, makes me just a little more human, don't ya think? ;)

Remember your self worth goes a lot further than the quality of your skin.

You are a gem.

MemberMember
(@jb772)

Posted : 02/17/2013 8:57 pm

Hi Kbeex3!! I just read your posts and have to say please do not give up any hope! This is just a bump in the road right now in life and one day you're going to look back and laugh at it! I was in the same situation you were in a few years ago and understand exactly what you are going through, the depression acne causes is outstanding and those that never had to go through this will never understand how it feels. A user a few posts above posted a link to my thread, if you have a chance please go take a look at it, if you haven't heard of Accutane I highly recommend looking into it and in the future getting on the medication, I had VERY bad acne and ti cleared my face extremely well, even to this day. Please do not feel as if you're the only one going through this depression, many others are to but they are not as brave as you to post it and come to reality, which is a step ahead of the game for you. If you ever need someone to talk to please feel free to message me on here, I have no problem talking to you about anything!

MemberMember
(@kbeex3)

Posted : 04/30/2013 11:45 pm

thank you guys so much sorry for the late reply i barely ever go on the computer that much so its been awhile, but it felt really good to have people that i dont even know tell me everythings going to be ok and understand what im going through thank you so much! I Am currently on trention and these glycolic pads from the derm and i must say its improved my face from what it was but still not seeing result i want :/ i asked my derm about the accutane and she looked at me like i was crazy and said they only do that in severe cases which i understand i only have moderate acne but it feels like i've tried everything and nothing really works and makes it completely clear which i feel maybe accutane could do that, idk i have more hyperpigmentation marks than anything and that makes it even worse that i have to deal with that to :/ i just want to be the person i was before i got acne more than anything i want to be happy i want to live my life and i cant because of my self esteem and depression issues :/ i think im going to see a therapist soon to talk about my issues to so hopefully i can get over them and start living because this isnt it at all :/ thanks again guys i appreciate the comments! :)