Notifications
Clear all

Vinegar And Bacne

MemberMember
(@buzz08)

Posted : 02/06/2013 4:32 am

Hi all,

I have been using the vinegar treatment for my back for maybe 6 months now. At the start, it was brilliant. I started clearing up and everything was going well. I was using Japanese Rice Vinegar before a shower maybe once or twice a day.

However, I then moved to a more humid climate. The vinegar was still working with maybe a few more outbreaks, but I understood the reason for this.

Just before Christmas 2012, I switched the soap I was using in the shower to Cetaphil Cleansing Bar. This broke me out big time. I have now decided to stop using all soap on my back and instead I apply Apple Cider VInegar with some Tea-Tree Oil on my back with a cleansing pad before I shower.

For all those interested, I will keep this updated weekly. If I do not see results within 2 weeks, I may resort back to the soap I was using before Christmas (Dove Beauty Bar).

Anybody with question feel free to ask, and also anybody with advice is very welcome!

MemberMember
(@buzz08)

Posted : 02/18/2013 11:21 am

Ok so update! I have started putting some of the diluted ACV on my back when going to bed and although it is only my 2nd day after doing this, I feel like it may be working. I will continue this for the week and see if it keeps clearing my acne up. Fingers crossed!

MemberMember
(@txngrl)

Posted : 02/19/2013 9:09 pm

Ok so update! I have started putting some of the diluted ACV on my back when going to bed and although it is only my 2nd day after doing this, I feel like it may be working. I will continue this for the week and see if it keeps clearing my acne up. Fingers crossed!

how much do you dilute the ACV? Like 50/50? Have you tried using it full strength? And are you still not using any soap on your back?

MemberMember
(@buzz08)

Posted : 02/21/2013 7:26 am

how much do you dilute the ACV? Like 50/50? Have you tried using it full strength? And are you still not using any soap on your back?

I have the bottle diluted 50/50. I have tried using it full strength but stopped as I felt it was too irritating. No I still am not using any soap. If I am to revert back to soap, it will be a dove beauty bar as they worked well in the past for me.

Are you on a similar regimen?

MemberMember
(@txngrl)

Posted : 02/23/2013 12:58 pm

I have the bottle diluted 50/50. I have tried using it full strength but stopped as I felt it was too irritating. No I still am not using any soap. If I am to revert back to soap, it will be a dove beauty bar as they worked well in the past for me.

No, but my son has used it as a toner on his face. He was using it straight though. He was also drinking it diluted with water. It is very good for you, both topically and to drink.

MemberMember
(@buzz08)

Posted : 02/24/2013 4:43 am

No, but my son has used it as a toner on his face. He was using it straight though. He was also drinking it diluted with water. It is very good for you, both topically and to drink.

Oh I see, not sure if I would care to drink it unless it was proven to have benefits. I have also now decided to revert back to washing off the vinegar as Dove soap worked for me before. Fingers crossed!

MemberMember
(@thegoodson)

Posted : 03/20/2013 9:14 pm

Please keep me posted on this. I've been trying apple cider vinegar off and on. As far as I can tell it's working for me slightly. My back doesn't break out when I use it. I just need to stop my back from getting oily all the time. There will be this layer of filth I can scratch under my fingernails when I wet my skin. Anyone else have this issue?

MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 03/21/2013 12:37 pm

Vinegar is slightly acidic, and you are on the right track in my opinion.

Bar soaps are generally alkaline, and most body washes are a neutral pH of 7, so I formulate a low pH body wash at about 5. I discussed this in my long write up:

Posts like yours about the benefits of vinegar started my thought process about using a low pH, which has been very helpful to me, so thank you!

MemberMember
(@sarahcastle)

Posted : 03/30/2013 1:55 pm

I have tried using vinegar for my acne in the past and it worked great. I used white vinegar becasue it is acidic with a low pH that can eliminate germs quickly. You can also take the apple cider vinegar orally by consuming it to better help you.