What To Do On Tropi...

Notifications
Clear all

What To Do On Tropical Vacation While On The Regimen?!

MemberMember
(@jjelsie8)

Posted : 02/06/2013 12:56 am

Hello! I am not sure if this is where I post any questions that I have but Ill give it a go...

I started the Regimen last week because of moderate acne (mostly hormonal so I am back on yasmin now to regulate my hormones). I know that the BP is very drying and can cause irritation until your skin gets more used to it. I am going on vacation in two weeks, where the weather will be very tropical and I am not sure what to do about my skin care routine. I always wear sun screen but was wondering if there was any particular thing that I should do differently while being in the hot sun all day for 8 days. I am fair skinned but still get a nice tan while in the sun even with sun screen. I am just worried that the BP might make me more vulnerable to burning... Any advice?

Thanks so much!!

JElsie

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/06/2013 5:16 am

use a sunscreen

MemberMember
(@ncgirl87)

Posted : 02/06/2013 12:38 pm

I have the same problem! I've been on the regimen for almost a month, and I'm leaving in about 3 weeks for the Cayman Islands. I'm pretty nervous about what the (intense) sun will do to my face. I obviously plan to use a high SPF, and I'll also probably bring some kind of hat to wear while on the beach to shade my face as much as possible. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 02/06/2013 1:30 pm

For fun in the sun, use a waterproof, alcohol-based sunscreen. Solbar is a good one. Find the highest SPF you can with the alcohol base; 30 should be sufficient if you reapply a couple times during the day. If you're not planning on going in the water, Lumiplexion makes the best 30 SPF I've ever used, but it's not waterproof.

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 02/06/2013 10:28 pm

I have the same problem! I've been on the regimen for almost a month, and I'm leaving in about 3 weeks for the Cayman Islands. I'm pretty nervous about what the (intense) sun will do to my face. I obviously plan to use a high SPF, and I'll also probably bring some kind of hat to wear while on the beach to shade my face as much as possible. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

You should be fine with SPF 15, I read up a while ago that SPF 15 is 97% effective, where as SPF 50 is 98% effective against certain types of UV rays, that could be hyped up however.

For fun in the sun, use a waterproof, alcohol-based sunscreen. Solbar is a good one. Find the highest SPF you can with the alcohol base; 30 should be sufficient if you reapply a couple times during the day. If you're not planning on going in the water, Lumiplexion makes the best 30 SPF I've ever used, but it's not waterproof.

i wouldn't say alcohol based is any good, for most people it's quite irritating to the skin, I prefer zinc based as do many other people, but if it works for you then that's great :)

To the OP, I wouldn't use BP during the day, you're on holiday! Try using it just at night if that works for you, and just moisturise and use whatever products on top of that you like, as for the night time follow the regimen as per usual maybe? Just my suggestion :)

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 02/06/2013 10:33 pm

Alcohol based is what is recommended by my esthetician because it's going to be the least clogging for acne prone skin when it comes to waterproof sunscreen. If you have any specific recommendations for zinc-based without cloggers, I'd be happy to see them.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/07/2013 1:08 am

delete

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 02/07/2013 7:46 am

SPF 15 is not enough. You will need SPF 30 or above. Don't take unnecessary chances with your skin.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/07/2013 10:26 am

Try Neutrogena Liquid Sunscreen SPF70... Works like a dream and blends very well with your moisturizer... It's ideal for tropical/humid weather and dries w/o you having a white hue over your face... God sent! :)

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 02/07/2013 2:59 pm

Use sunscreen generously. Reapply it often according to package instructions. Wear a wide brimmed hat when you can and seek shade when possible.

Have fun!

MemberMember
(@jjelsie8)

Posted : 02/07/2013 4:23 pm

Try Neutrogena Liquid Sunscreen SPF70... Works like a dream and blends very well with your moisturizer... It's ideal for tropical/humid weather and dries w/o you having a white hue over your face... God sent! smile.png

Thanks! I read about this one. As bad as it sounds I still want to get some color ( I am on vacation after all!) so i will probablly use something with a little less SPF than 70 but going to look out for this one!