Notifications
Clear all

Miss Starz Accutane Journey

MemberMember
(@missstarz)

Posted : 02/05/2013 10:51 pm

Hello Acne.org friends! I'm a 34 year old woman and been batteling this forever. Well tomorrow is the big day! I have my pills in hand and I will be starting off with 10mg Claravis (accutane) tapering up. I have previously use: Doxycycline, Minocycline, Differin Gel, Duac, Benzaclin, Retin A Micro, Ventlin, Tazorac, Sulfur pads, Proactive (works good for fash wash). The best that worked for me was combo of Proactive and Duac Gel with Minocycline. But the minocycline I believed was causing me all sorts of stomach problems and chronic yeast infections. Time to try other options. I also gave Spiro a quick try but I had to pee all the time it drove me crazy and you cant take Ibprofin so when I get migraines thats no good. Anyway hope ya'll doing well good luck.

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 02/06/2013 12:29 am

I'm hoping this goes well for you!! :)

MemberMember
(@missstarz)

Posted : 02/07/2013 8:45 pm

Day 3- So no noticeable changes except my face is broken out worse than usual maybe coincidence. But I had a couple active cysts as of yesterday a couple days ago and one actually came to a head.. Ewe gross.. but yea that never happens!!! They usually just swell and I need shots so I would imagine that doing is the Tane.. Keeping fingers crossed..

MemberMember
(@candygirl30)

Posted : 02/07/2013 10:22 pm

Hi I have been on claravis 80 mg a day for 19 days and its horrible my make up don't even cover it am so embarrassed to GO out I got these dark spots that came OUT BUT doctor said its scars but they were not their and I didn't pick on my face !!! I read a couple of logs from other people in here they say that it's a slow process any tips for the dark spots help also when I get out of the shower my face gets really red anyone have tips for that ??? Good luck to all of you that are on claravis

MemberMember
(@missstarz)

Posted : 02/24/2013 12:31 am

Hi Candy girl.. I have not experienced the red marks yet a bit of jitteriness and a bit of nosebleed when I blow my nose.. May I ask you. How tall are you and how much you weigh? (you can private msg me that if you like) 80mg is a VERY high dose to start with. That can cause an AWFUL inital breakout (IB). My dr started me on 10mg and will taper up if I have no major side effects to 50 or 60mg which is max for my weight I am 5'3 about 130lbs. Dose is based on your weight divided by 2.2 should give you your normal dose. For me 130/2.2= 59.09 Most Derms usually start low and taper up by 10 or 20mg per month.

Even by day 3 on only 10mg my face was horrible.. Broken out everywhere, but it a lot better now hoping it stays like this. I wish I had an answer for the dark spots and red but I don't eusa_think.gif I have had dry skin. I am using Aquaphor for my lips and I use the gentle Cetaphil along with gentle makeup removers because I love my makeup rolleyes.gif I can suggest very good makeup removers that will not make you greasy the only ones I've found! Makeup Forever Eyemakeup remover takes off even waterproof MAC. You need to buy that at Sephora. And Estee Lauder Take It Away makeup remover for face its awesome, I think it can even do eye makeup too.. I love these cause they are both soothing cream but never leave a trace of oily or greasy feeling. Hope that helps a bit..

MemberMember
(@candygirl30)

Posted : 02/24/2013 5:30 pm

HI MISSSTARZ

AM 5'3 AS WELL BUT MY WEIGHT IS 145 POUNDS SO I GUESS THATS WHY SHE GAVE ME A HIGH DOSE ... BUT GUESS WHAT FACE IS LOOKING A TONS BETTER I CHANGE MY REGIMEN I USE http://www.olay.com/skin-care-products/complete/face-moisturizer?pid=075609000942 AND https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FPPW9O

Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Normal Aveeno Continuous Protection Lotion Face SPF 30

MY COUSIN WIFE IS ON CLARAVIS 60MG DAILY SO SHE GAVE ME TIPS THAT DID HELP ME I ALSO SWITCH MY MAKE UP FROM CLINIQUE TO MAC AND USED THEIR FINISH SPRAY WHICH HELP MY MAKE UP LOOK A LOT BETTER I DON'T GET MUCH BREAK OUTS THANK GOD I FEEL A LOT BETTER THANK YOU ON THE MAKE REMOVER TIPS I PLAN TO GO BUY SOME TODAY BEST OF LUCK !!!!