Washing Your Face I...

Notifications
Clear all

Washing Your Face In The Morning, Bad Skin Habit?!

MemberMember
(@gq101)

Posted : 02/05/2013 1:40 am

Hi! I came across an article http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/beauty-style/7-bad-beauty-habits-you-need-break?page=2

Washing Your Face In The Morning

Using harsh cleansers and scrubs in the a.m. can do more harm than good, stripping your skin of essential oils before you even start your day, Dr. Lamba says. œA good skincare regimen means cleansing your face only at night because while you sleep, your skin regenerates, reestablishes its pH, and increases collagen production, she adds. So why would you want to wash off all this hard work when you wake up?

Break it: Leave the house feeling clean and refreshed without turning your skin into the Sahara by simply splashing with water and applying a moisturizer with an SPF of 15 or higher. If you need to cleanse (perhaps you have makeup left over from last night), use a mild moisturizing cleanser that doesn't contain harsh detergents before applying the same SPF moisturizer, Dr. Krant says. And next time, be sure to remove all of your makeup before hitting the sheets.

This makes sense to me, since our faces aren't really "dirty" when we wake up so there isn't really a need to "cleanse". But i'm not sure. i might just try this bec. my skin has been so dry lately.

Has anyone else tried this? what are your thoughts on this? please discuss. :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/09/2013 7:50 pm

delete

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/12/2013 3:31 pm

Cosign Luminareo... I'd love to be a once a day regimen user but I've come to realize that isn't possible for me. It's true that harsh scrubs shouldn't be used for daily cleansing but that seems like common sense to me rather then scientific proof... Seems the ultimate premise is to be gentle... What I'd like to know is how does this account for persons, like myself, in which acne is directly caused by an adrenal growth? How does this work for people with cystic acne? Etc.. The article does not present any scientific evidence to suggest this method is any better than the current DKR skin care regimen.