Notifications
Clear all

What Type Of Acne Is This?

MemberMember
(@lexykraugh)

Posted : 02/04/2013 5:20 pm

I used to use EPIDUO gel but then I stopped because my skin didnt look as clear in the beginning and I didnt want to have to use it my entire life... so i slowly discontinued it. However, it was a slow process but slowly littly bumps started resurfacing and BAM now look at me! Ive never had a breakout this bad in my life...... ever.

What type of acne is this? severe, mild or moderate?

Also... would I be elligible for accutane? I would really like to take it, ive heard wonders!

This picture is before BENZOYL PEROXIDE CLEAN AND CLEAR 3 STEPS. HOW COME ITS GETTING WORSE? and my skin is oily + dry at the same time and has a very unconfortable texture...

MemberMember
(@lexykraugh)

Posted : 02/04/2013 5:39 pm

plz... someone answer..:(

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/04/2013 6:42 pm

How long were you on Epiduo? Usually it take 3 months to really judge if an acne regimen is working for you or not - not fully clear but seeing consistent improvement.

As for accutane, i wouldn't recommend doing that till you've tried the usual round of treatments as your acne is not severe and accutane is a drug that cab have serious and sometimes permanent side effects.

Some options are retinoids

diet changes (worth a shot)

Good Luck with your decision and keep your head up

MemberMember
(@lexykraugh)

Posted : 02/04/2013 6:48 pm

I used epiduo for about 1 year now, but I stopped it. Is that why its gotten so bad? And now im using BP, and its really making it worse, in 1 week i went from having 1 pimple to 10 + painful pimples all on my chin.... how can this happen? Should i discontinue?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/04/2013 7:54 pm

i would go back to using epiduo then if i were you. if i am correct epiduo is bp + differin right? it must have been working really well for you so i would definitley go back to using it. your chin doesnt look that bad though. is that the only place you are breaking out? i dont think they will give you accutane. i have been trying to get it for years and my derm keeps telling me my acne is hormonal so i am on spironolactone now but am not seeing results yet. you could try asking for spiro though it works wonders for many people.