Notifications
Clear all

Isn't Going To A Dermatologist Worthless For Red Marks?

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 02/03/2013 1:51 pm

There are so many information on the internet for what works. The list include ACV, lemon juice, chemical peel, honey, aha and a whole bunch of stuff that you can buy to try it. However for most ppl it still doesn't work.

So what does going to a dermatologist really do then? Unless they do a laser or chemical peel... isn't there really no point to go to one? I mean if they give you antibiotics can't you just buy it yourself? I mean we all know the methods there are to fading red marks from reading online and the only ones that dermatologists can really do for us is those laser and peels where we can't do at home.

And from what i read, most dermatologist mention it takes a long time for these marks to go away no matter what. So isn't going to them kind of useless unless you are definitely doing those laser, fraxel and tca peels?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/03/2013 2:11 pm

Prescription/otc hydroquinone gets rid of red marks also IPL laser gets rid of it instantly

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 02/03/2013 2:31 pm

what prescription products would they give? What ingredients?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/17/2013 6:16 pm

they might give u 4% hydroqinone or a retinoid

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 02/18/2013 6:02 am

lactic acid peel 60%. This is the first method I've used that's actually working, significantly after every peel. 6+ years of hyperpigmentation, crusting over and falling off as dead skin.