Jump to content
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unusual Discoloration, Seeking Advice

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm a 27 year old male that experienced some cystic acne in his teenage years, and continues to experience acne today. After some acne about nine years ago, my face developed some blotches of red marks (near the top of the photo) around where I had acne. They are not small, circular, round marks that seem to match up with old pimples, but rather a stubborn blotch of red that shows up more distinctively in person than in photographs.

Although the blemishes aren't too severe, their stubbornness bothers me. IPL treatments, every cream imaginable, several chemical peels, five Fraxel: Restore treatments and a whopping nine years of time have hardly done anything to reduce the discoloration.

What do I have to do to get rid of this discoloration? Must I go up to Fraxel: Repair? What kind of scarring is this, anyway? Wouldn't PIH have faded by now?



Edited by jtt85

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

May i ask you what chemical peels you have done for those red marks? Did you do a few of them or just? TCA or glycolic or salyclicd?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes