Regimen Help! Shoul...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen Help! Should I Quit Now?

MemberMember
(@lee-charles)

Posted : 02/02/2013 5:34 am

Hey guys I am a 22yo male from the UK.

I started the regimen just 4 days ago and only purchased Dan's BP and the AHA+. I regrettebly didn't buy the moisturizer or jojoba oil due to costs and thinking that i could find a good UK moisturizer to replace dans with.

I am now on day 4 and while the BP actually looks to have started working already, but i am VERY red and getting dryer every day, because i cant find a good moisturizer to use!

- For years i have used bodyshop tea tree night lotion which my skins loves but it is too drying to work well with the BP

- I then bought some Nivea for men sensitive before realising that the ingredients didnt check out and many people here have been unhappy with it

- i then bought Eucerin dermo purifyer hydrating care which is a great acne moisturizer but again too drying to work for me with the BP

- Last night i bought and used Neutrogena ultimate moisture which i thought would be great because of the name and because it is non-comedogenic but it goes on like a thick paste and moves all the BP around

What should I do? should i quit while i'm ahead, order some of dans moisturizer and resume the regimen in a month when the product gets here? Or do you guys have a perfect UK moisturizer that could replace dans? I need one really nourishing but also non-comedogenic! sad.png

MemberMember
(@fischer1)

Posted : 02/02/2013 8:28 am

to be fair, the way the regiment works is gonna dry your skin to the extreme, i do use dans moistureizer but im only doing BP at night because og dryness.. i did the morning and night BP routine for 8 weeks and my skin did not work without the regiment on it... its like your skin becomes the regiment and without it on, your skin is just a pile of deadskin.. so what i would recommend is not to do BP twice a day (my experience)!!! not saying that twice a day wont work for you. But i could not smile wrinkle my forhead or talk loudly with my mouth open, because of the dryness and flakes becoming visable..

i would recommend looking at this guys moistuizer tho it seems like it was worked out great for him! surprised.gif

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/02/2013 9:36 am

Hey guys I am a 22yo male from the UK.

I started the regimen just 4 days ago and only purchased Dan's BP and the AHA+. I regrettebly didn't buy the moisturizer or jojoba oil due to costs and thinking that i could find a good UK moisturizer to replace dans with.

I am now on day 4 and while the BP actually looks to have started working already, but i am VERY red and getting dryer every day, because i cant find a good moisturizer to use!

- For years i have used bodyshop tea tree night lotion which my skins loves but it is too drying to work well with the BP

- I then bought some Nivea for men sensitive before realising that the ingredients didnt check out and many people here have been unhappy with it

- i then bought Eucerin dermo purifyer hydrating care which is a great acne moisturizer but again too drying to work for me with the BP

- Last night i bought and used Neutrogena ultimate moisture which i thought would be great because of the name and because it is non-comedogenic but it goes on like a thick paste and moves all the BP around

What should I do? should i quit while i'm ahead, order some of dans moisturizer and resume the regimen in a month when the product gets here? Or do you guys have a perfect UK moisturizer that could replace dans? I need one really nourishing but also non-comedogenic! sad.png

Do you have ceraVe in the UK?

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 02/02/2013 9:38 am

Just use the Neutrogena one. Wait until the BP sinks in before you apply it.

What you're describing happens to almost everyone who follows the Regimen/uses any BP

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 02/02/2013 10:16 am

i bought and used Neutrogena ultimate moisture which i thought would be great because of the name and because it is non-comedogenic but it goes on like a thick paste and moves all the BP around

Make sure the BP is dry before applying the moisturiser... then it wont move the BP around.

If you like the Neutrogena moisturiser apart from that, then stick with it. As its got perfume in it i cant use it (I'm allergic), so i use Boots Derma Care Daily instead, which is brilliant.

MemberMember
(@redruby)

Posted : 02/02/2013 10:54 am

When I was on the regimen I only used it at night and washed it off in the morning. Doing this consistently for 6 months cleared my active acne. The thing was that I did have really bad dry skin so I did end up purchasing Dan's Jojoba oil during the 2nd month. Which doesn't do "Wonders" for your skin. While using the BP your always going to have dry skin regardless of how many times you moisturize, but it helped somehow. l would just suggest to put a thing layer at night and just wash it off in the morning.

MemberMember
(@lee-charles)

Posted : 02/03/2013 6:02 pm

Hey guys thankyou for all the replies!

Cerave is not easily available in the UK, I looked into the boots derma care daily but the ingredients went against dans guidelines so i got scared lol. The neutragena oil free looked abit drying and maybe not nourishing enough.

I bought a 4th moisturizer which i have used yesterday and today, its still not amaazingly nourishing but i think the best i've found so far - it is NIvea for men rehydrating moisturizer - ingredients are: Aqua,Glycerin ,Cyclomethicone ,Tapioca Starch ,Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate ,Ethylhexyl Cocoate ,Methylpropanediol ,C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate ,Cetearyl Alcohol ,Octocrylene ,Tocopheryl Acetate ,Panthenol ,Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane ,Sodium Carbomer ,Trisodium EDTA ,Phenoxyethanol ,Methylparaben ,Limonene ,Linalool ,Parfum.

Is that OK? Any personal moisturizing preferences still welcome if it is readily available in the UK! Id love to find one that is cheap and non pore blocking

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 02/04/2013 9:41 am

...Last night i bought and used Neutrogena ultimate moisture which i thought would be great because of the name and because it is non-comedogenic but it goes on like a thick paste and moves all the BP around...

As mentioned above, are you allowing the BP to absorb into your skin properly before applying the moisturiser? Also, are you perhaps applying too much BP? If it takes too long to absorb, or feels like it's too thick on your skin, try using a little less & work it gently into the skin for longer so it doesn't feel like it's sitting on the skin.

I haven't tried it myself, but E45 do a moisturising lotion, which has been recommended on the forums in the past. It is labeled as perfume free & hypoallergenic.

Here's a review from someone with acne:-

http://www.ciao.co.uk/E45_Moisturising_Lotion_Dry_Sensitive_Skin__Review_6009672

MemberMember
(@lee-charles)

Posted : 02/05/2013 9:23 am

...Last night i bought and used Neutrogena ultimate moisture which i thought would be great because of the name and because it is non-comedogenic but it goes on like a thick paste and moves all the BP around...

As mentioned above, are you allowing the BP to absorb into your skin properly before applying the moisturiser? Also, are you perhaps applying too much BP? If it takes too long to absorb, or feels like it's too thick on your skin, try using a little less & work it gently into the skin for longer so it doesn't feel like it's sitting on the skin.

I haven't tried it myself, but E45 do a moisturising lotion, which has been recommended on the forums in the past. It is labeled as perfume free & hypoallergenic.

Here's a review from someone with acne:-

http://www.ciao.co.uk/E45_Moisturising_Lotion_Dry_Sensitive_Skin__Review_6009672

Hey Manticore thanks for replying!

When i apply BP, i do so as dan directs and wait around 15 minutes before applying any moisturizer. The Neutrogena ultimate moisture i referred to went on like a thick paste (sort of like Sudocrem) and was a struggle to spread gently like dan advises, so I stopped using it.

Am still getting on OK with the Nivea for men rehydrating lotion for the time being. The E45 sounds perfect as far as size and price but it contains Petrolatum as it's second ingredient, whilst that's not on dans avoid list, i've heard alot of people break out with petrolatum.

This thread is also generally negative about e45 cream - http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/57733-e45-cream/

- What moisturizer do you use?

MemberMember
(@manticore)

Posted : 02/05/2013 10:44 am

When I started the regimen I used Dan's products (including the moisturiser). When the moisturiser ran out, I tried Olay total effects day moisturiser (I think it was labeled as non-comedogenic, but I can't be sure now). I only used it a couple of times then stopped, as it seemed to give off a vapour that stung my eyes.

As I now only use Dan's BP on my face once or twice a week as a maintainance course, I no longer use a moisturiser.