Notifications
Clear all

Nicest Thing That Someone Has Said About Your Acne

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 02/01/2013 9:56 pm

Let me (and everyone else here) know! And yes this was inspired by that other thread with a title which only differs one word from the title of this one.

I don't have acne but someone commented on my scar once saying it made me look tough which in her opinion added sexiness.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 02/01/2013 10:02 pm

I'll be interested to see responses to this one about acne!

Honestly, I think the nicest thing anyone could say about my acne would be not saying anything at all.

MemberMember
(@briar_rose)

Posted : 02/01/2013 10:30 pm

"Wait, you had acne?"

I always loved when people who knew me when my acne was at its absolute worst never seem to notice it.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 02/01/2013 10:35 pm

It'd be kind of depressing when it turns out that nobody can think of anything at all. That it's only mean stuff that they can think of. Anyway, this thread is just meant as sort of a positive one which sort of means to say "It can't be only bad things that are in people's minds when they see what acne you have".

On 2/2/2013 at 9:30 AM, Briar_Rose said:

"Wait, you had acne?"

I always loved when people who knew me when my acne was at its absolute worst never seem to notice it.

That's cool!

I often found in the past that I had this image of myself which was inaccurate in the sense that I saw myself as way less atrractive than I actually am. I'm sure many people here who are insecure will find the same eventually!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 02/01/2013 11:08 pm

I don't think I've ever had anything positive or nice said about my acne itself. It's either the odd mean comment or no comment at all (which is fine with me - I guess it means people don't notice it or are nice enough not to draw more attention to it). I just don't think people would have anything nice to say about acne itself. I don't know if it adds anything positive to someones appearance. There are so many people still attractive physically etc despite acne but I don't think it's their acne that makes them attractive. I guess I just can't imagine what could be said about acne that is nice! I can't see someone saying something like - "Your acne is cool" or "Aren't you lucky, your acne makes you look so young!" :P

I think the positive comments relating to acne are the ones where people notice it's improvement, never realised you had it (like Briar_Rose said) or maybe pay you a compliment despite acne.

Don't know if that made sense but I'll follow the thread to see what other people say. Hopefully there are some positive/nice stories :)

It'd be kind of depressing when it turns out that nobody can think of anything at all. saywhat.gif That it's only mean stuff that they can think of. Anyway, this thread is just meant as sort of a positive one which sort of means to say "It can't be only bad things that are in people's minds when they see what acne you have". amused.gif

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 02/02/2013 12:29 am

Mine can be taken as nice or mean. Lol. Whenever people try to suggest different treatments, I try to remember that they're just trying to help me out (even though they're slightly ignorant when it comes to acne). It depends on my mood though, sometimes it just annoys me. :P other than that, the only nice things people have said have to do with my skin improving.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 02/02/2013 3:20 am

Well just the other day a guy assumed I was 17 (-_-) and was gobsmacked when I told him I was turning 22 soon. I can only assume it was because of my teenage skin, sort of a unintentional backhanded comment if you will lol. I don't mind though, it's certainly better than hearing "What's those things on your face?", compliments of mother of course :$

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 02/02/2013 9:57 am

"I wish you could see yourself through my eyes. I don't see perfection, I see beauty. I see what's inside."

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 02/02/2013 12:56 pm

"oh look you dont have acne anymore all you have is scars." next day I break the fuck out.

MemberMember
(@lacydecay)

Posted : 02/02/2013 3:13 pm

I think actions are more important than words. So to have a loved one stick by you and support you is more than any word can mean. To have the love and support from my Fiance is overwhelming sometimes. I can never believe he's with me. He's such a kind (and very handsome) guy that he could have anyone he wanted. I'm flattered - and slightly puzzled - that he's chose to stay by my side. But he has, and that does help. Everyone needs to feel accepted and loved for who they are, bad skin or not.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 02/02/2013 4:24 pm

"oh look you dont have acne anymore all you have is scars." next day I break the fuck out.

LOL (sorry )

mom: when you will be old and wrinkly youll miss your acne. i looked at gma and know what she means

also hate to say this, but makeup makes you "feel like human" again, price is however: small whitehead break out days after

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 02/02/2013 6:32 pm

Oh gosh you don't have anything !!

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 02/02/2013 10:10 pm

lol I don't think there is a "nice" thing to say about acne except "hey, what are you using, your skin is clearing up."

Or if you bring up it first and they tell you it doesn't look that bad.

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 02/03/2013 1:47 am

My dad told me tonight "your face is looking sooooo much better!" Yay Accutane!

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 02/03/2013 12:33 pm

I don't think I've ever had anything positive or nice said about my acne itself. It's either the odd mean comment or no comment at all (which is fine with me - I guess it means people don't notice it or are nice enough not to draw more attention to it). I just don't think people would have anything nice to say about acne itself. I don't know if it adds anything positive to someones appearance. There are so many people still attractive physically etc despite acne but I don't think it's their acne that makes them attractive. I guess I just can't imagine what could be said about acne that is nice! I can't see someone saying something like - "Your acne is cool" or "Aren't you lucky, your acne makes you look so young!" tongue.png

I think the positive comments relating to acne are the ones where people notice it's improvement, never realised you had it (like Briar_Rose said) or maybe pay you a compliment despite acne.

Don't know if that made sense

It did make sense. Those were basically the kind of comments I was referring to. =] It does happen though that results from acne like e.g. pitted scarring is percieved as sexy. I like it when women have that. haha It's cool. Also acne itself is rarely upsetting for me to see.

Anyway, I think all your comments are cool and adorable, people!

Valerie44 and Lilly75 liked
MemberMember
(@helton)

Posted : 02/03/2013 6:37 pm

An important person in my life always tell me that I look great, even when I am self concious to the roof, haha!
Sometimes we have to understand that even though we might not be satisfied about ourselves, still, other people will still love us even if we can't. smile.png

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 02/06/2013 10:04 pm

"your skin is nice. it will heal." or they would say nothing at all.

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 11/14/2013 3:08 pm

I don't really look young, but people tend to assume I am because of my skin. Kinda shitty, but also kinda cool because I can get cheaper rates on things, haha!

But one nice thing I can think of is the "unsolicited" positive comments, when people I ask all the time how much better my face is looking. It's nice and I'm pretty sure they're not lying to make me feel better because I see improvements too.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 11/14/2013 3:55 pm

I told men that I like their acne scars. Because it was true.

Well I think I am not a scar- fetish weirdo, but I have met quite a few males, where scars added that extra- masculine appearance and it was just hot and some kind of beautiful.

I also met acne- scarred girls that I found very attractive. Not in spite of their scars, but to a certain degree because of them.

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 11/14/2013 4:24 pm

I told men that I like their acne scars. Because it was true.

Well I think I am not a scar- fetish weirdo, but I have met quite a few males, where scars added that extra- masculine appearance and it was just hot and some kind of beautiful.

I also met acne- scarred girls that I found very attractive. Not in spite of their scars, but to a certain degree because of them.

I totally get this! I guess it's a "rugged" appearance thing, but I find acne scars attractive, which must seem odd to those who have them and wish they were just gone because to them they ruin their appearance..

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 11/14/2013 4:41 pm

A woman said that she thought i am 15.. due to all this acne i suppose. The nicest thing is that it's "cute", all this hyperpigmentation of my cheeks looked like rouge tongue.png

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 11/14/2013 8:32 pm

A woman said that she thought i am 15.. due to all this acne i suppose. The nicest thing is that it's "cute", all this hyperpigmentation of my cheeks looked like rouge tongue.png

Haha! My sister said to me once... "I like that you have all that redness on your face, it gives your face definition." I 'sushed' her pretty angrily because she said it loud (my sister has no filter, lol) and at a bus stop. blush.png

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@mm1990)

Posted : 11/16/2013 3:23 am

My (now ex) boyfriend used to be so sweet about my skin. I was so insecure about it that I would wear concealer to bed. He told me that red marks couldn't possibly take away from my beauty and that I needed to trust his love for me. I miss him. He made me feel gorgeous and loved even at my worst.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 11/17/2013 1:34 am

On 11/15/2013 at 3:41 AM, maria199 said:

A woman said that she thought i am 15.. due to all this acne i suppose. The nicest thing is that it's "cute", all this hyperpigmentation of my cheeks looked like rouge

I don't really have any red marks per say, some scars mostly caused by cortisone injections (x4--i regret the hell out of these ) maybe one red spot which was caused by shaving with a dull razer this week

However... a lady decided two days ago that there was noooo possible way i was a nurse because i was so young. I asked why "oh your face..."

Get back to bed.*snaps fingers*

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 11/19/2013 8:26 pm

When I was younger: "I don't know why.. but your acne makes you look older", which was cool back then :):P