Is This A Healthy R...

Notifications
Clear all

Is This A Healthy Regimen? Please Help!

MemberMember
(@jburkhart17)

Posted : 01/28/2013 6:06 pm

Hey guys, I have moderately severe acne. Mainly on the cheeks but I had cystic acne on my forehead during football season. Terrible depression let me tell you. But that's not what I'm here to ask. I'm here to ask if this would a be healthy and effective regimen. Here it is

*Doxycyclin 100 mg once a day (at night)

*The Acne.org regimen with differin with peroxide(cetaphil cleanser and moisterizer) (only at night)

*moisterizer in the morning with tinted clearasil to hide some acne.

Please help guys. I've been on differin and BP for 4 months now but am constantly breaking out. BP gives me atrocious redness at times.

MemberMember
(@rita-beauchamp)

Posted : 02/12/2013 10:03 pm

First of all it's not very good to mix the acne.org regimen with other products.if the moisturizer doesn't work well I suggest getting Jojaba oil.

next you should be using the regimen in the morning,at night and after and workout like football.Lastly if the BP starts irritating your skin slow down a bit. Go back to the pea sized amount and slowly work your way up.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 02/13/2013 11:30 am

Hello and welcome to the acne.org community! To answer your question, you may be continuing to break out because you are over doing your regimen... The key to getting and staying clear is being gentle and consistent with your skin care regimen. So excessive product usage will only further irritation, thus prolonging the break out cycle. Since you are still breaking out, you may want to consider simplifying your regimen and follow Dan's instructions to the T. First, I would suggest that you either use BP or Differin and not both. If you do choose to utilize BP and Differin, you will have to modify your regimen. For example, for your morning routine, you may choose to wash, BP, and moisturize. Then at night, wash, Differin, and moisturize, or vice versa. Second, I would definitely look at being more consistent with your skin care routine. Finally, If you work out, you may consider doing DKR after any physical activities. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you be washing your face more than twice in a day, preferably in 10 to 12 hour intervals. Also, avoid using tinted moisturizers while treating your acne as it won't improve the appearance of acne and cause unnecessary irritation. Remember that simple is better. Hope that is helpful and keep us up to date on your progress! smile.png

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 02/13/2013 3:48 pm

I play football too! During football season I had a bunch on acne on my forehead and my chin, it actually got really bad, probably the worst its ever gotten because of all the sweat dripping down from my hair. Putting the helmet on killed me, I had cystic acne and that was brutal. I recommend using The Regimen and nothing else. I started using it a month ago (Jan. 10th) and I barely have acne on my forehead or chin. I maybe have 2 or 3 tiny tiny pimples on my forehead that you wouldn't even be able to tell if you just took a glance. I would recommend just using the three steps of The Regimen and cut out everything else your using, and add the Jojoba oil if you have any dryness. I fell like you'd get better results with just the three steps sense they were made to work together by Dan. You just have to be patient and you'll slowly start to notice a big difference. The KEY that you must remember is to be gentle, barely touch your face when you put anything on it. Hope I helped, football can be a (you know what), and cause acne to get pretty bad. I'm dreading the day I have to get back out on the field, my acne will probably all come back. See ya dude.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 02/13/2013 6:14 pm

I would second not using Clearasil's tinted cream. That stuff has a very odd color to it and it would be too much with the regimen. i would also suggest you use Dan's products for the regimen. If you haven't used Cetaphil in the past, please note that MANY people get whiteheads from Cetaphil and Cerave. I think you'd be much better off using Dan's cleanser and moisturizer. Don't waste time and effort trying to find something to work as good. Just use products that you know are acne friendly.

As stated above, don't overdo the medication. If you are taking Differin now by a doctor, I would use BP only once a day at night. Moisturize only in the morning.