Notifications
Clear all

Moisturiser Recommendations?

MemberMember
(@tiredzzz)

Posted : 01/26/2013 11:03 pm

Hello,

I'm a 16 year old male and I have never used moisturiser up to this point in my life. I have only recently realised how damaging it could be to the skin to not use it. I did a bit of research on my own skin type (combination) so I want to ask for a recommendation on a moisturiser which is:

-non comedogenic (doesn't clog pores)

-contains SPF (preferably SPF-15 or higher, but it's okay if it isn't)

-oil free

-(optional) preferably a decent price

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@clearupacne)

Posted : 01/29/2013 8:36 pm

Personally, I loved Proactiv's Green Tea Moisturizer, but that contains no sunscreen. You can probably pick up a moisturizer with all your requirements at any CVS or Walgreens.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 02/15/2013 4:28 pm

Lots of people like Cerave.

MemberMember
(@leroy123)

Posted : 02/15/2013 5:49 pm

"Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Facial Moisturizer SPF 15". Its only 10 bucks from CVS and it fits all your requirements.

I've used it for months and its never done me wrong.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/05/2013 1:46 am

I like to mix my moisturizer because most moisturizers with SPF feel heavy on my skin. Maybe it's just me but I don't like the feelings.

In the morning I use Clinique's dramatically different moisturizer + Celeteque's Anti Wrinkle Facial Mositurizer with SPF.

Clinique is sort of expensive though (but it does last me 4-5 months) and Celeteque I think is only available in the Philippines.

Try Cetaphil Lotion (i use this at night for extra moisture), it is very moisturizing and you get a bang for your buck. Then maybe you can mix in a little of Neutrogena's Sunblock.

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 03/06/2013 1:30 am

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF15

MemberMember
(@californiaxnights)

Posted : 04/14/2013 7:26 pm

Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid is AMAZING. I have normal/combination skin and a little of this product goes a long way! In fact, all the Olay moisturizers in the white bottles are great! They have options with SPF 15, they're a good price (Olay is a drugstore brand), and it lasts a long time. My mom and I use the same bottle of the product and it lasts us a long time.

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@lekry)

Posted : 04/21/2013 2:15 pm

Dan's moisturizer is really good. For me, too expensive. I Absolutely hate looking for moisturizers, I have spent days looking for moisturizers with 100% no pore clogging or irritating ingredients. A moisturizer that has none is Elta MD intense moisturizer 2.8 oz. But it is super greasy. The one I use which I absolutely love is unrefined raw shea butter. It is 100% non comedogenic and the only people who experience problems are the ones who think they've gotten pure shea butter or didn't even know there was a difference. It comes in a clay like form, usually yellow, and gets soft in your hands when you rub it around. It is healing, reduces irritation, and a minor suncreen. My favorite part is if you put it on lightly it won't give you a oily look, and if you want more moisturization you can put more on. you get that oily look though. It is long lasting and reletively cheap. Like four dollars for 2 oz which lasts forever! It will minimize or completely get rid of flakes, and definately moisturize completely. It is super thick though, so what I do is lightly pat all over my face to get it everywhere and then gently rub around. it'll get thinner as it melts on your skin so it's easier to get everywhere. I get it on Ebay because it's only the place I feel comfortable using, though you could probably find it else where via google search.