Notifications
Clear all

How Do I Get Rid Of This Scar?

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer)

Posted : 01/25/2013 9:21 am

I've had it for a long time. I did a glycolic acid peel last week but it looks exactly the same as it did before. Help :(

post-195137-0-45663700-1359123670.jpg

post-195137-0-45663700-1359123670.jpg

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 01/25/2013 9:58 am

You could get it revised.

Excision to cut it out, stitch it up... you'll have a line scar in place of it. Best to talk to a plastic surgeon.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 01/25/2013 10:36 am

Excision to cut it out, stitch it up... you'll have a line scar in place of it. Best to talk to a plastic surgeon.

Won't that result in getting a certain tension in the skin there? I don't know, I'm not a surgeon but it seems hard to get rid of a scar like that.

Best thing to do is to make your peace with it, if you ask me. =]

It doesn't look bad. I'm sure most people will agree with me on that.

MemberMember
(@kidrock29520)

Posted : 01/25/2013 11:24 am

Excision should be your last option IMO. I'd try subcision or fillers first.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 01/25/2013 11:57 am

Won't that result in getting a certain tension in the skin there? I don't know, I'm not a surgeon but it seems hard to get rid of a scar like that.

Well, maybe not a straight stitch. They have other ways, and they know more about making scars less visible... they do it for a living. You shouldn't have to accept something that bothers you if you dont first seek your options. I am no doctor, or surgeon... thats why I said to go see one.

http://www.locateadoc.com/pictures/scar-revision-scar-repair-c31169

Not the same scar, but a scar nonetheless. Bigger, but the after picture is great.

Yes, you could try fillers. But I put my opinion in. I wouldnt want to do fillers because they're temporary, and the scar is still there. The same. Just lifted.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 01/25/2013 12:01 pm

Well, maybe not a straight stitch. They have other ways, and they know more about making scars less visible... they do it for a living. You shouldn't have to accept something that bothers you if you dont first seek your options. I am no doctor, or surgeon... thats why I said to go see one.

http://www.locateadoc.com/pictures/scar-revision-scar-repair-c31169

Not the same scar, but a scar nonetheless. Bigger, but the after picture is great.

Yes, you could try fillers. But I put my opinion in. I wouldnt want to do fillers because they're temporary, and the scar is still there. The same. Just lifted.

Right, how could I have thought so simply? They've got a lot of approaches. ^_^

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer)

Posted : 01/25/2013 12:14 pm

It really bothers me though. It's red, so it stands out. I have to use concealer on it even though I'm a guy.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 01/25/2013 12:35 pm

You'd never say that it's red in the picture you posted. If everything else isn't an option for whatever reasons then you could get it lasered with a Vbeam; the redness will decrease plus it might improve the texture a tad. It just might make all the difference for you.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 01/25/2013 1:34 pm

It really bothers me though. It's red, so it stands out. I have to use concealer on it even though I'm a guy.

If you've had it for a long time... ie...years, the redness should have faded. And in that case telling you to try something natural like lemon juice, cocobutter, or aloe... it may help very little. If anything the peel could have aggravated it? Usually redness means there is bloodvessles present still, which is common during the healing stage. From all I've read it takes two years for any wound to completely heal. So your scar can still be healing/ filling in.

Lastly, going to see a professional is always a great idea. And I should stress to get a few opinions. There's always hope! (:

Do research, too.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/26/2013 7:53 am

I've had it for a long time. I did a glycolic acid peel last week but it looks exactly the same as it did before. Help sad.png

:D I think you're an excellent candidate for the Derma-Stamp. There is a before/after photo of a scar just like yours that had dramatic improvement: http://www.dermaroller.com/en/scar-treatment/derma-stamp

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 01/28/2013 11:43 am

It's very hard for me to give advice on scarring, as I'm only doing research myself and I haven't actually gone through most of the treatment options I'm considering, so I have no first-hand experience. But, in any case, I'd think that if you are okay with modest improvement - i.e. the scar would look softer, shallower, blend in better etc, but still be there - then less invasive treatments like dermastamping, maybe subcision, would be ideal for you. They don't have much risk, but seeing results would take a long time (many treatments) and the scar would look more or less the same, just slowly get more and more shallow.

If you really have just one scar, I would actually recommend considering excision, like ForeverAndPatience said. It's true that excision may be one of the last options if one has several acne scars (like most do), because it could look a little bit weird to have several white line scars on your face, even if they are fairly narrow and not that noticeable. But imo, one line scar instead of one boxcar would look better and less noticeable, so in your case it would be worth it. But key here is to do your research properly, get a good plastic surgeon and make sure he knows what he's doing, because otherwise the resulting excision scar may not be better than what you start out with. Get a consultation with a plastic surgeon and hear what he has to say and whether he thinks it's worth it.

Other options could be spot laser treatments and spot dermabrasion, but those have their risks and a simple excision might just be easier.

MemberMember
(@jbird12)

Posted : 01/28/2013 5:07 pm

That scar is in a tough spot so it is going to be harder to fix. You can try needling. Excision is also an option. I don't know if that spot can even have subcision performed???

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer)

Posted : 01/30/2013 3:39 pm

I'm interested in the derma stamp. What exactly is this and where can I get it done?

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/31/2013 3:24 am

I'm interested in the derma stamp. What exactly is this and where can I get it done?

By trained professionals that use the original German-made Dermastamp. I have treatments with the Dermaroller (same company, different product) and boy am I amazed. Look for the original Dermaroller website for your country and there should either be a clinic finder or a phone number there for you to contact to locate someone trained to do the treatments.

There are more photos on the US website at http://www.dermarollerus.com/patient/dermastamp-scar-treatment

www.dermaroller.de <-- German and the original website

www.originaldermaroller.com.au <-- Australian

www.dermarollerus.com <-- USA

biggrin.png