Notifications
Clear all

Differin On Accuntane?

MemberMember
(@moerix)

Posted : 01/25/2013 6:47 am

Hi,everyone . I'm from china, and I want to know that do differin (adapalene gel) interferes with accutane?

In China, doctoers don't use accutane often, i went to lots of doctors',and can't get cured for a long time.Then I met my friend who's now learning medical , he told me to take accutane,and use differin.

i'm on acctune for 40mg/d,and adapalene everynight ,and now my face is very dry,but i can tolerate it.

Because it's clearing up and everthing looks going well.

but i just see that someone say, differin is not recommend when on accutane.

so ,I want to know Do differin weaken accutane's effectiveness? (may longer accutane's course , or cause it easier to relapse,etc), or just make it too dry(so not recommend because many people who can't stand it)

(I consulted a doctor about it some days ago,but he just said that accutane and differin, both of them can treat acne, but he don't know how they interfere each other.)

thank you whistling.gif)

MemberMember
(@ringoffire)

Posted : 01/25/2013 11:55 am

Don't. Accutane is tough enough against your skin, and accutane will give good enough results with the acne battle. There's a reason why one shouldn't use any sort of other anti-acne treatment products while using accutane

MemberMember
(@sound-of-hope)

Posted : 01/25/2013 6:03 pm

RingOfFire is right. Accutane alone is more than enough to beat acne, and adding any other medications to it can increase skin irritation. Although the Accutane pamphlet makes no mention of a possible interaction with that retinoid, most dermatologists would advise against using both at the same time. Just use a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and lip balm.

MemberMember
(@moerix)

Posted : 01/25/2013 11:48 pm

Don't. Accutane is tough enough against your skin, and accutane will give good enough results with the acne battle. There's a reason why one shouldn't use any sort of other anti-acne treatment products while using accutane

Thanks.This morning i got the english version manual of accutane from internet(Wow..much more detailed than Chinese version),and I found it said don't use other topical acne medicine...

So I decided to stop differin and use it to prevent relapse after accutanerolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@ringoffire)

Posted : 01/26/2013 6:22 am

I would also advise against using differin after accutane, your skin will be very sensible. It was the most stupid thing I've ever done

MemberMember
(@moerix)

Posted : 01/26/2013 7:14 am

I would also advise against using differin after accutane, your skin will be very sensible. It was the most stupid thing I've ever done

Oh........So what should i do after accutane as a maintaince treatment , and prevent relapse ?gasp.gif

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 01/26/2013 3:53 pm

You can use things like differin after you finish Accutane, but not during. :)

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/27/2013 4:24 am

Don't use the differin. Do you see a lot of people in china with acne? Do doctors give accutane to severe cases on china?

MemberMember
(@moerix)

Posted : 01/27/2013 4:48 am

You can use things like differin after you finish Accutane, but not during. smile.png

It seems everyone has a different idea because everyone has different skin..so..maybe i'll have a talk with the doctor after accutane~ ^_^

MemberMember
(@moerix)

Posted : 01/27/2013 5:08 am

Don't use the differin. Do you see a lot of people in china with acne? Do doctors give accutane to severe cases on china?

I'm from the south of China,lots of people here have acne. But in the north of China,just a few people have acne.Maybe it's because of weather and gene~

Doctor only use accutane on very severe cases(last for many years and almost can't use topical medicines because of severe inflamation and fester)

Even so,just be used in low dose(at most 30mg/d or 0.5mg/kg/d,and just last within 3 month),when your face has been cleared up,they will stop it.\

So many people relapsed after accutane.

MemberMember
(@ringoffire)

Posted : 02/22/2013 4:37 pm

Oh........So what should i do after accutane as a maintaince treatment , and prevent relapse ?gasp.gif

I'd wait and see and let the skin heal as much as possible. You could try on your own with non-prescription based stuff (benzyl peroxid, salycic acid or something) and see how much your skin can tolerate. Don't push it....

You can use things like differin after you finish Accutane, but not during. smile.png

From personal experience I strongly advise people not to use differin the first maybe year (atleast wait a few months) because differin fucked my skin up majorly and has left me with extensive redness. I pray that it'll go away but I have no warranties......... (And yes the acne is worth it instead of the redness/rosacea)