Notifications
Clear all

Finally Found A Concelaer That Hides Everything

MemberMember
(@laurenholt)

Posted : 01/24/2013 3:35 pm

I've always suffered from bright red scars. I've always been teased or told to "rub off my makeup" because yes, I do wear thick makeup, otherwise my confidence gets very very bad.

Anyway, I've always been a fan of Benefit makeup, despite the *cough* price *cough*. I stumbled upon the BOING concealer when I got a trial size in a christmas present.

It's incredible. Absolutely amazing. Make sure you get the right colour. Here's some tips:

• Use a concelaer brush to apply, NOT your finger like it says. Fingers have bacteria. If you wash your brush after every use, no bacteria. It goes on easier and is easier to blend with a brush anyway.
  • Don't be put off by the £16 pricetag, it lasts FOREVER. Bought my big pot about 2 months ago, barely scraped the surface of it, still looks brand new. (And I wear A LOT)
  • Perfect for under eyes too!
  • Ask the Benefit counter to find your perfect colour and try a bit.
  • That Gal primer compliments it perfectly. That Gal contains camomile too, which soothes and combats redness.

It is HEAVEN! You could buy the concealerholic set too which has other goodies, but I found the concealer in it only lasted a few weeks.

Since wearing it, I've had loads of compliments on my makeup. Before, I used to spend my lunches reapplying my whole makeup. Now, I go out in the evenin with the same makeup I put on at 7am.

I'M IN LOOOOOOOVE!

post-196987-0-12927900-1359059713.png

post-196987-0-12927900-1359059713.png

MemberMember
(@naturalog)

Posted : 02/11/2013 3:31 pm

Do you know how this compares to Make Up For Ever's Full Coverage Concealer? Or have you used Benefit's playsticks? I am also looking for the perfect concealer. I've tried MUFE but found it to be too cakey/drying/bleh. I love Benefit's playsticks as a concealer (its actually a foundation) but it doesn't offer me the full coverage and long lasting quality im looking for. What other concealers have you used and disliked?

MemberMember
(@marniemarie)

Posted : 02/27/2013 1:34 am

Oh man, its funny that you say that because I hate the stuff xD.

I'm not usually super sensitive to comedogenic ingredients (my acne is all hormone) but my face hates petroleum derivatives. I used it for a few months and the coverage was nice (though not waterproof, which is occasionally a problem) and realized it was making me break out even worse. I think there was a petroleum derivative and also corn oil (clogged pore city) which didn't agree with me.

To answer the other poster's question though, I love-love-love Make Up For Ever's Full Coverage Concealer! The coverage is the same (if not, imo, a little stronger since it layers well) but it never makes me break out, and I find it lasts a lot longer since it sort of drys to a matte finish and stays put. And I love waterproof, especially for summer nights where I may end up alternately sweating and jumping in a pool xD.

MemberMember
(@kaslitsa)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:35 am

i am obsessed with make-up- if you are looking for a cheap/amazing concealer that will never cause breakouts- try neutrogena "healthy skin soothing stick" concealer, it is thick and covers amazingly. It is make for under eye circles but i use it wherever.

I live in NYC and it is priced at around $8.00. i swear by it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/27/2013 8:20 pm

Oh man, its funny that you say that because I hate the stuff xD.

I'm not usually super sensitive to comedogenic ingredients (my acne is all hormone) but my face hates petroleum derivatives. I used it for a few months and the coverage was nice (though not waterproof, which is occasionally a problem) and realized it was making me break out even worse. I think there was a petroleum derivative and also corn oil (clogged pore city) which didn't agree with me.

To answer the other poster's question though, I love-love-love Make Up For Ever's Full Coverage Concealer! The coverage is the same (if not, imo, a little stronger since it layers well) but it never makes me break out, and I find it lasts a lot longer since it sort of drys to a matte finish and stays put. And I love waterproof, especially for summer nights where I may end up alternately sweating and jumping in a pool xD.

OMG mufe full coverage is my favorite thing on this whole earth...i would literally have to crawl into a cave and die if they stopped making it. Lol but seriously it covers anything and everything and stays put until you take it off no matter if ur clothes rub it or if you get wet or whatever. I wore it to a water park and spent all day in water and it never budged or wore off at all!!! i cannot explain my love for this concealer i have gone through probably 5 tubes of it and i love it! wub.png