Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Classify My Acne And Give Some Advice (Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@jchristopher)

Posted : 01/24/2013 1:30 am

Ok, this is really hard for me to do and I can't believe I will post pics because I feel so embarrassed letting everyone here see my acne.

Im 16 and started getting acne when I was 12. They were rare though (like 2 every 6 months) and didn't leave marks. 3 years later I started getting acne on my chin and forehead.....and I decided to use Benzac...and then the left side of my face suddenly broke out with like a layer of large red pimples which everyone noticed! These left me with my first hyperpigmentation marks and I felt horrible...then my right side broke out too and left tinier marks than the left side of my face....moving on my face cleared a bit and I had few acne...then I turned 16 and everything went downhill. I broke out everyday (idk why??) and more and more hyperpigmentation marks started appearing! On the left side of my face its mostly in one area and tend to be larger marks and on the right side of my face they are like scattered freckles all over. The left side of my face is very bad. I breakout more on the left side of my face than on my right side and i dont know why? I change my pillow every day and try my best to lie on both sides equally. My forehead breaks out but the marks aren't as bad and fades very quickly for some reason...but it is very oily.

Here's a list of what I've used:

Benzac

Calamine Lotion

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub

Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser

Garnier 3 in 1 Cleanser/Scrub/Mask

Honey + Nutmeg Mask

Honey(as a cleanser)

Lemon Juice (applied topically, both raw and bottled lemon)

Coconut Oil

Ive used more but can't remember. Im now on my 10th day using ACV (as a drink and a toner) so far it has made my pores smaller and reduces huge red bumpy pimples overnight. Idk if im purging but all of a sudden I am getting whiteheads on my chin (about 6) and oddly the ACV doesn't sting or burn when I use it as a Toner (I am not dilluting it) so idk if thats good or bad? My skin is oily and I dont think its sensitive, I would know.

I refuse to use ANY medical treatments or take pills.

Please help!!

Left side of my face:

2jayyb6.jpg

Right side of my face:

e145xh.jpg

Forehead:

v7w2fa.jpg

Chin:

6sz86u.jpg

Right side face front:

uy3b8.jpg

NOTE: Photo was taken with an 8 megapixel camera with the flash on so some of my hyperpigmentation marks won't be as visible.

MemberMember
(@jchristopher)

Posted : 01/24/2013 2:09 am

By the way I really need advice on how to fade my Hyperpigmentation marks faster! Sadly for me, my skin colour/ethnic group is more susceptible to hyperpigmentation and takes longer to fade. I read something about us producing more melanin or something like that.

MemberMember
(@jchristopher)

Posted : 01/25/2013 3:57 am

Bump.

Please help!

MemberMember
(@sweetkenzie)

Posted : 01/25/2013 12:25 pm

What are you using currently?

MemberMember
(@jchristopher)

Posted : 01/25/2013 5:28 pm

@sweetkenzie : Im only using the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser and Apple Cider Vinegar topically and orally at the moment.