Notifications
Clear all

Mr Matt

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/23/2013 6:44 pm

i can't send you a message your inbox is full but when is the best time to use the vit c and retin a cream ? do you use it after rolling or needling ?

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 01/24/2013 8:21 am

Rob:

Sorry that my inbox is full.

I use a topical Vitamin C cream from Reviva Labs every morning and then apply sunscreen to my face.

I can't recommend this product enough - it contains a powerful antioxidant called alpha-lipoic acid which Dr. Perracone recommends for acne scarring along with a skin tightening agent called DMAE.

I apply Retin-A each evening and then put on vitamin E e-mail from Trader Joe's - another powerful antioxidant and natural moisturizer.

I also apply these products each time that I dermaroll to ensure better penetration.

The last time that I saw my dermatologist last year he asked me if I was using a serum of some type on my skin and I told him about this product. Fairly inexpensive and it lasts a long time.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Matt

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/24/2013 4:29 pm

thanks ...i didn't think about the vit e cream and i'll good the vit c ...i just ordered the powder from sara and mixed my own ..

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/24/2013 10:59 pm

matt what type of sunscreen do you use and is this the type of cream?

RVL13772-2.jpg

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 01/25/2013 8:25 am

Yes, this is exactly what I use on my face every morning.It's low cost and has the antioxidants your skin needs long with the Ester C to build collagen.I highly recommend this product which is something that I rarely ever do.I switch between Neutragena and Banana Boat broad spectrum sunscreens.Matt

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/28/2013 3:53 pm

so is the retin a cream basically a type of acid or peel ? i think that'll help my skin alot ...and can you buy the vitamin c cream anywhere or do you have to order it?

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 01/28/2013 5:39 pm

I'm going to try this but i was wondering if the cream negates the need for a vitamin c serum? I use a diy serum at the moment but should i stop using this if i'm going to use the cream? I don't want to over do it. As for where to order it from i just ordered mine on amazon.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/28/2013 8:10 pm

my skin is on fire after 4 nights of retin a 0.1 use ...i gotta take a night off from it!

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 01/28/2013 9:58 pm

so is the retin a cream basically a type of acid or peel ? i think that'll help my skin alot ...and can you buy the vitamin c cream anywhere or do you have to order it?

Retin-A can cause peeling and it can create collagen because it is a derivative of Vitamin A.

I order the Reviva Lab cream at vitacost.com.

I'm going to try this but i was wondering if the cream negates the need for a vitamin c serum? I use a diy serum at the moment but should i stop using this if i'm going to use the cream? I don't want to over do it. As for where to order it from i just ordered mine on amazon.

I used to make my own vitamin c serum, but my wife pointed out to me that it was making our pillow cases turn yellow - a sign of oxidation.

My dermatologist whom I highly respect advises against making your own vitamin c serum for this very reason - it can oxidize and create problems for your skin.

I wouldn't use more than one type of Vitamin C serum on your face each day - it may be too irritating.

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 01/29/2013 1:36 pm

Retin-A can cause peeling and it can create collagen because it is a derivative of Vitamin A.

I order the Reviva Lab cream at vitacost.com.

>I'm going to try this but i was wondering if the cream negates the need for a vitamin c serum? I use a diy serum at the moment but should i stop using this if i'm going to use the cream? I don't want to over do it. As for where to order it from i just ordered mine on amazon.

I used to make my own vitamin c serum, but my wife pointed out to me that it was making our pillow cases turn yellow - a sign of oxidation.

My dermatologist whom I highly respect advises against making your own vitamin c serum for this very reason - it can oxidize and create problems for your skin.

I wouldn't use more than one type of Vitamin C serum on your face each day - it may be too irritating.

That's interesting to know, my pillowcases turn yellow too but i didn't realise it meant it was oxidizing. I'll try just using the Reviva Lab one.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/30/2013 3:53 pm

matt i honestly can't believe how much better my skin is looking allready ...its even getting rid of the large pores!

the lighting is a lil differerent but the pic on the left is today and the one on the right is last june b4 i started rolling ...but the use of retin a and vitamin c in the last week is really making the diff i wish i had started using it when i started rolling!

meep_zpsbb0c5294.jpg

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 01/30/2013 5:33 pm

Congratulations on your recent success.I've found that other creams/serums I've used didn't do anything.I believe that the DMAE in this product actually helps tighten your skin while the Vitamin C works to develop collagen.Dr. Perracone claims that alpha-lipoic acid effectively works on acne scars.When you apply this product after dermarolling, it soaks in and begins to do its job.Your skin is definitely improving.

MemberMember
(@hopej1245)

Posted : 01/30/2013 5:33 pm

It doesn't break you out Matt? The ingredients include soybean oil and vegetable oil. As someone with acne- prone skin I'm not sure I would use that.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/30/2013 5:36 pm

i had alot of white capsule looking things around the back of my jaw from cystic acne and there dissapearing as well...i'm using the vitamin c powder i got from sara mat that you mix and i can only leave it on around an hour its really potent ...the reviva labs stuff should be here friday

MemberMember
(@polecat)

Posted : 01/31/2013 8:04 am

Hi Rob,

I ordered this product by the recommendation of Mr Matt. I've been using it for approx 4 weeks now and have not had any problems with breakouts.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/31/2013 10:45 am

Hi Rob,

I ordered this product by the recommendation of Mr Matt. I've been using it for approx 4 weeks now and have not had any problems with breakouts.

you are using retin a ? BTW i found a website where u can get retin a for 3$ thats alot cheaper then anything else i've found ...pm me if u want the addy

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 01/31/2013 4:45 pm

here is the other side of my face

meeep_zpsbcfdd577.jpg

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 02/01/2013 4:12 pm

matt do you use retin a every night?

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 02/02/2013 12:53 am

Ide use the retin-a every night personally. But scale back of im getting too red. Skins lookin good bro

MemberMember
(@scarfaces)

Posted : 02/02/2013 3:04 am

Hey there Rob...great Job. bro..your skin definitely looks great...and its indeed improving...may i know what are are treatments you are using?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 02/02/2013 3:55 pm

thanks and yes i think last night was 4th or 5 night in a row and today my skin is beet red on fire ...i think i'll not use it tonight ...anyway i've been needling my skin for 6 months and just started retin a 0.1 and vit c mornings ...

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 02/02/2013 9:08 pm

matt do you use retin a every night?

Yes, I typically apply Retin-A every night before I go to sleep.

I'm concerned that you purchased yours online. Did you have a prescription?

Retin-A can irritate your skin, but I never had this type of reaction. I hope that you're using the real stuff and not something manufactured overseas.

Just a bit concerned for you, Rob.

Matt

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 02/02/2013 10:18 pm

yeah i got it online ...the vit c actually burns when i apply it also i mix it ...i may have to make it not as strong next time ..does ur face never peel from the retin a matt?

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 02/03/2013 2:08 pm

yeah i got it online ...the vit c actually burns when i apply it also i mix it ...i may have to make it not as strong next time ..does ur face never peel from the retin a matt?

Sometimes, Retin-A use will result in visible peeling on my face, but it is rare.

I do know that it is causing cell turnover and producing collagen because my skin looks very healthy today;I have not always been able to say that.

Yesterday, I saw my younger brother who said to me, "You're skin looks so smooth and you keep looking younger and younger."

I attribute this success to all of the subcision treatments I've had along with the chemical peels, dermarolling, topical cream, and fruit smoothies. Combined, they have all resulted in significant collagen development and a huge reduction in the appearance of my scarring.

I hope that your skin calms down soon. Don't forget to wear your sunscreen-you need to protect your investment.

MemberMember
(@hopej1245)

Posted : 02/03/2013 2:39 pm

I think I'm going to go ahead and try the reviva vitamin c cream since @polecat said it didn't cause a breakout. It's just that when you're very acne prone anything that lists oil as an ingredient can be scary.