Notifications
Clear all

Life After Acne 🙂

MemberMember
(@drache)

Posted : 01/23/2013 2:29 pm

I'm finally 100% clear, and just started to pick myself up psychologically and socially.

Other lucky people, who also managed to cure yourselves, how much time did it take you to recover from the emotional mess this horrible disease caused? To make new friends, flirt, hobbies and so on...

And what did you do first? What's your lifes like after acne? smile.png just curious.

ps. Sorry for my bad English. 1eye.gif

MemberMember
(@dqn217)

Posted : 01/23/2013 11:58 pm

I'm not clear yet :( and far from it but I imagine when I'm clear my recovery time is gunna be zero! As soon as I'm clear I'm gunna Ho do stuff lol!

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 01/24/2013 12:03 am

Congratulation! i'm happy for you man, i can only wish i get clear soon. give it some time expose yourself little by little until it feels natural to you good luck friend!

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/24/2013 5:06 am

I'm finally 100% clear, and just started to pick myself up psychologically and socially.

Other lucky people, who also managed to cure yourselves, how much time did it take you to recover from the emotional mess this horrible disease caused? To make new friends, flirt, hobbies and so on...

And what did you do first? What's your lifes like after acne? smile.png just curious.

Really happy someone else has mentioned about recovery after getting clear.

I have said on many posts this is just the first step and not the end to all problems.

Well done for pointing this out getting yourself back up and running.

Me it took quite a few years to get to a place i was fully comfortable with myself and reduced social anxieties. I'd say may be 5 years to fully recover. I still have acne but i just keep it under control now.

MemberMember
(@kyou)

Posted : 01/24/2013 3:09 pm

How did you do it??

Im really curious..

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 01/26/2013 8:24 am

There's definitely something to be said for the theory that we have to recover post-acne and clearing the acne itself doesn't instantly mean our problems are solved. I fell into that trap and when I cleared my acne and I became really depressed because I realised all the other problems and insecurities I had were generally of my own making and were all still there. Guess I just thought I'd instantly become "like everyone else". It's been about a year post-acne and generally I'm feeling better in myself and I'm learning that there's nothing wrong with just being me. These things take time so all we can do is be kind to ourselves and make it easier for ourselves as we adjust.

MemberMember
(@drache)

Posted : 02/11/2013 5:01 pm

Sorry guys, that I waited so long with my reply. (busy weeks)

Anyways, I want to share two things with you all,

The first thing is, that kyou wanted to hear how I got clear. Well, I post it, but please don't start to discuss or argue this method here, because this topic simply isn't about that. smile.png

So, what cured acne (in my case!) in one week, is deeper breathing and khm... well, no-ejaculation.

The second (much more important) thing I realized is, that when I had acne, I avoided social situations, I avoided lots of events, parties, people, in one word: the essence of life. I guess it sounds familiar to many other acne-sufferers. tongue.png

I watched the movie Yes Man a couple of weeks ago. You can argue whether this movie itself is good or bad or plain stupid (I enjoyed it personally), but it's message was eye-opening for me.

If someone hasn't watched the movie yet, I suggest them to do it immediately. biggrin.png

It's about a boring guy, who always avoids new things, and just says "no" to basically everything. He can't step out of his comfort zone, his life is miserable, boring and empty. He meets this old buddy, who suggests him a self-help seminar, where he learns, that his life is empty only because he can't see opportunities and can't say "yes" to them.

Watching this movie, I could remember the most awesome year in my life, when I had a girlfriend with a very positive attitude. In that year, I said a loud and happy "YES" to every cool party/opportunity/event as well as stupid and boring ones, without thinking. Sometimes just because I didn't want to appear boring in front of her. It worked pretty well, and the seemingly boring/stupid ones turned out to be cool or useful at least. smile.png Although I had lots of ugly red pimples that year, yet many many good things happened to me. I was a Yes Man unconsciously.

And now? Nothing happens, although I don't have acne anymore. Why is that?

I feel lucky that I figured it out, because life's already been changing, I have been practicing this yes-method for a week maybe, and now I feel like I live my life again.

We should definitely start a "Yes!" topic. smile.png

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 02/15/2013 10:17 am

Sorry guys, that I waited so long with my reply. (busy weeks)

Anyways, I want to share two things with you all,

The first thing is, that kyou wanted to hear how I got clear. Well, I post it, but please don't start to discuss or argue this method here, because this topic simply isn't about that. smile.png

So, what cured acne (in my case!) in one week, is deeper breathing and khm... well, no-ejaculation.

The second (much more important) thing I realized is, that when I had acne, I avoided social situations, I avoided lots of events, parties, people, in one word: the essence of life. I guess it sounds familiar to many other acne-sufferers. tongue.png

I watched the movie Yes Man a couple of weeks ago. You can argue whether this movie itself is good or bad or plain stupid (I enjoyed it personally), but it's message was eye-opening for me.

If someone hasn't watched the movie yet, I suggest them to do it immediately. biggrin.png

It's about a boring guy, who always avoids new things, and just says "no" to basically everything. He can't step out of his comfort zone, his life is miserable, boring and empty. He meets this old buddy, who suggests him a self-help seminar, where he learns, that his life is empty only because he can't see opportunities and can't say "yes" to them.

Watching this movie, I could remember the most awesome year in my life, when I had a girlfriend with a very positive attitude. In that year, I said a loud and happy "YES" to every cool party/opportunity/event as well as stupid and boring ones, without thinking. Sometimes just because I didn't want to appear boring in front of her. It worked pretty well, and the seemingly boring/stupid ones turned out to be cool or useful at least. smile.png Although I had lots of ugly red pimples that year, yet many many good things happened to me. I was a Yes Man unconsciously.

And now? Nothing happens, although I don't have acne anymore. Why is that?

I feel lucky that I figured it out, because life's already been changing, I have been practicing this yes-method for a week maybe, and now I feel like I live my life again.

We should definitely start a "Yes!" topic. smile.png

There was a time in my life that I was saying "Yes!" to everything, too! And I don't even remember my acne during that time-- mostly because I was too busy living! I kind of like your idea about the "Yes" topic-- where people can dare each other to do things, despite their acne-- biggrin.png and people have to say yes! haha

But in response to your original post:

I am not completely clear, but very close to it. I have posted once before on being excited that my acne is pretty much gone, but still having some sort of lingering emotional pain... and I got some really nasty comments that I should be perfectly happy and that I shouldn't be complaining at all about anything. I thought those comments were hurtful and painful. We are all deeply, emotionally impacted by acne and just because it's gone, doesn't mean the emotional impact is too. For me, I have only been clear for a couple months now. I am still sensitive about my skin and I fight the urge to hate it still. I also am getting over the confidence-crushing aspect of it. I think it'll probably take a year or so to "forget" to worry about my skin--and what people think of it-- everyday. smile.png Good luck biggrin.png