Notifications
Clear all

Redness In Scars

MemberMember
(@yeon-woo)

Posted : 01/23/2013 11:36 am

Hi everybodey, after a few weeks of absent, I decided to start a discussion. This time i am faced with another adversity. if you dont know me, i am the one who start the topic 'i dont have motivaton anymore'. In that topic, i described and shared my pain of having an embarrasing stigma of acne problem which have, at that time ruined my self-confidence and self-esteem very very badly.

Now that the horrid acne problem is gone, i am faced with anther hardship and that is none other than acne scars that serves as a second punishment of a crime in life i know nothing of. This disgusting acne scars are not just depressions. To increase the severity of my punishments, those depressions are red at the bottom so that i would not be even spared from the disgrace of having uneven skin colour and tone.

Writing this today, i feel like a living dead, soul filled with emptiness even though i feel that my self confidence is not as low as when i have my acne. However, knowing that does not help me feel better even a little bit. Everytime i look my self in the mirror, i feel like crying out my frustrations. But, i could not cry for some reasons. Instead, i the frustrations build up and accumulate until i feel like exploding from the inside. I would also often clench my fists. Th eonly time i like doing now is to sleep. I know that is really pathetic.

Anyway, i am going to see a derm for a consultation to get a laser treatment from which i could only see result months away after a series of treatment. All i can do now is to bear with the pain. Now that i have voiced out, i feel a little better. I would really thank anyone of you for sharing your experience with lasertreatments to remove both red marka and depression. For instance, how many treatments required and the progress after every treatment. Thx.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/26/2013 8:07 am

Hang in there Yeon, things will improve in time, you just need to stay strong. Acne and acne scarring or marks are depressing but you're taking a stand and you're doing something about it, that in itself you should be proud of.

I hope the laser treatments work wonders for you but if the outcome is not as good as you hope then please don't give up. Put that aside and search for the next thing that might help your skin. That is what I have been doing for the past 5 years and trust me eventually it does pay off.

Keep us updated!

xx

MemberMember
(@johnny231)

Posted : 01/26/2013 1:55 pm

i feel your pain yeon woo.. try to find happiness in other things and enjoy yourself some times. fighting!

MemberMember
(@pianoman657)

Posted : 02/14/2013 4:32 pm

Hey Yeon and friends, I too am suffering with the undeserved and seemingly bitter prize of finally beating acne that is... Acne scars!

Not only do I have some (be it slightly shallow) indented scars but also like yourself Yeon I too have some redness within and around these scars, also PIH (red marks that aren't scars) plagues my face. I should maybe point out that I am male and these ailments that I describe are primarily if not entirely located along my jaw line.

Anyway, to treatments, I myself have not opted for any laser treatments as I do not believe my scars or red marks are bad enough to justify the price tag of laser treatment. I have however tried numerous other things, such as baking soda, sudocrem, Benzoyl Peroxide, exfoliating, doing nothing at all, and most recently apple cider vinegar, which seems to be working remarkably well so far and would at present recommend it highly!

Please feel free to ask me any questions!

MemberMember
(@yeon-woo)

Posted : 02/18/2013 12:33 pm

well thx guys for the support and help... I am scheduled for my first fraxel re:store this Saturday... , Please, Wish me good luck... really guys, I feel like my life is ruined.. I could not move on with things smoothly becuse I have this embarassing scars... I just dont think I can live with these disgusting scars, I really feel like crying... I think now I am at the lowest point in my life.. I never felt so sad and depressed and worthless and hopeless like this before.. I have encountered so many problems but none has torn me apart like how this acne and acne scars problems have torn me apart.. When this problem arise, I am never the same person as before. I always question myself, WHY?? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?? :(:(:(:(:( CAN I HAVE THE ANSWER?? WHAT DO I DESERVE TO GET THIS?? I never killed nyone before and have always been nice to everyone. so WHY?? Of course, I receive no reply. Well this is what is happening in my life right now. like a crazy person talking to himself in front of the mirror. If this continues, I think i will lose my sanity and my mind and my rationale... really... Well, I believe It's better to be a lunatic and mentally chllenged person though... They seem to be care free and happy not like a normal person always being burdened by problems after problems... *sigh*

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 02/18/2013 2:15 pm

good luck and dont panic...also look this thread

pretty much perfect results right? well its all about poking the fibrotic tissue that is abnormally high at the edges of the scar...

it is this that blocks off regenaration

MemberMember
(@livvie)

Posted : 02/19/2013 1:10 pm

I think I might have some of the answers to the questions you are asking. This is for you and others like you all around the world who are going through something similar and have come here to find help.

I myself have experienced the same depression from seeing those acne scars and the acute frustration from acne. It makes you not want to look in the mirror or let others see you; it makes you feel inferior to everyone around you, extremely embarrassed and even provoke feelings of self-loathing. It's a whole different level than acne because acne, while annoying and unsightly at the time, does not usually linger as long as those scars can. To get past acne only to be left with evidence of its stay can be MISERABLE. In some cases scars can be reduced and even eliminated, but suppose they don't go away ever? Suppose youre stuck with them for the rest of your life? At that thought, you get that feeling in the pit of your stomach of hopelessness and humiliation. What will people think? What are you going to do?

We live in a world where appearance is everything, and perfection is sought more than ever before. We are bombarded with images of people on posters, in movies, on magazine covers with wonderfully flawless, smooth skin, and the physical traits that we want, whether its straight, white teeth, beautiful hair, or that perfect frame. They tell us indirectly, This is how you should look. If you looked as good as I do, you would be happy. When we compare ourselves and want to look a certain way we are not, its easy to get discouraged, and can drive ourselves almost to insanity when we cant change ourselves. We start asking,

Why am I the way I am? Why cant I look bettermore attractivemore perfectmore like so-and-so? WHY? ITS NOT FAIR.

So. Why do we have to face problems with bodies we want to be different? Is acne and acne scars a punishment we dont deserve? Are we entitled to more? Shouldnt we get more when we are nice people and treat others well? If Im a good person and Ive never done anything really bad, I shouldnt have to deal with these kinds of problems, right? There cant be more to life than thator can there? Is it possible that there is more to life than how you look, or even how you act? Am I worth anything?

We have problems in this world because of we live in a world that is fallen. That means it is not perfect. There are many obvious things wrong with this world: the issues of pain and suffering, sadness, death, wrong prevailing over right. Some issues arent so obvious, like how all of us have internal problems with our emotions and struggles that can bring us to rock-bottom. Everything is messed up and broken underneath; thats the problem.

Truth is, we arent perfect either. We are all fallen. Everyone at some point has made a mistake, and it only takes one to disqualify you from being perfect. If you look at a woman with lust in your heart, its the same as committing adultery. If you hate your brother, its the same as murder in your heart. Everyone is in the same boat, and we are on a crash course. It only takes one sin to make you guilty in the eyes of God, and All have sinned, and fallen short of the glory of God.

Where do we find hope, when there seems to be none? Where do we find our worth, if we are worth anything? Is there a light in the darkness of life?

There was somebody who came to here as a light to the world because of you, and he thought you were worth something. He didnt judge based on what you look like, or the quality of skin you have; he knew you were special. His name is Jesus, and he loved you and knew you before you were even born. He wants you to go to Heaven to be with him forever, but Heaven is a completely perfect place and you have to be perfect to go there as good and righteous as God himself. But because he loves you so much, he willingly died a terrible death on a cross to pay for everything youve done wrong, big or small.

And he said that if you would believe that he did it for you, he would give you the gift of eternal life and you will go to Heaven because of what he did for you. Its not because of how you behave or what you do: its entirely free and he says I give them [those that believe] eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

And, The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. If you accept that gift, you will go straight to heaven when you die.

If anyone here decides to make a decision for Jesus, PM me and I will walk you through it.

We have one last word from Him. The LORD doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 02/19/2013 8:59 pm

Livvie:You are absolutely right. We do live in a fallen world because sin entered the world and along with it: disease and death.Mankind was created into a perfect world and there was no such thing as acne or scarring.I inherited my cystic acne from my mother who inherited it from another relative. Our DNA is flawed - we were born with bodies that are given to diseases and to death because we live in a fallen and imperfect world.Folks, Livvie is right. God does love us unconditionally despite our outward appearance;He looks at our hearts.And, there is hope for our scarring. There are many treatments out there that work, at varying degrees of effectiveness, at reducing the appearance of our scars.I would encourage anyone who is reading this thread to do their research on acne scar treatments and talk to a doctor who is experienced in treating acne scarring.You will find yourself on a n incredible journey that will take you down many paths en route to your fi al destination.

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 02/19/2013 9:25 pm

well thx guys for the support and help... I am scheduled for my first fraxel re:store this Saturday... , Please, Wish me good luck... really guys, I feel like my life is ruined.. I could not move on with things smoothly becuse I have this embarassing scars... I just dont think I can live with these disgusting scars, I really feel like crying... I think now I am at the lowest point in my life.. I never felt so sad and depressed and worthless and hopeless like this before.. I have encountered so many problems but none has torn me apart like how this acne and acne scars problems have torn me apart.. When this problem arise, I am never the same person as before. I always question myself, WHY?? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?? sad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.png CAN I HAVE THE ANSWER?? WHAT DO I DESERVE TO GET THIS?? I never killed nyone before and have always been nice to everyone. so WHY?? Of course, I receive no reply. Well this is what is happening in my life right now. like a crazy person talking to himself in front of the mirror. If this continues, I think i will lose my sanity and my mind and my rationale... really... Well, I believe It's better to be a lunatic and mentally chllenged person though... They seem to be care free and happy not like a normal person always being burdened by problems after problems... *sigh*

I think one of the first steps to having a healthy mind is to disengage from culture. Once you understand the cultural ideals that have been created for us to believe are lies, life begins to make much more sense. I believe that many of the people responsible for creating such a false world through electronic mediums have an unhealthy infatuation with money. People will try to convince you that theyre is something wrong with you, or even worse make you believe that you are one of the only people suffering with an ailment. Im glad this thread has taken a spiritual spin becuase I believe that many of these lies are perpetuated from the rulers of darkness and falsity that exist in higher realms. The people of earth peddle these ideas and false doctrines very often to theyre own demise. The truth is that disease,death,dissapointment,destruction are all instrinsic aspects of who we are as people. I feel this is a harsh reality to wake up to, but once you are awaken it will ultimitely lead to your freedom. Look at the trees, do they judge you? Have any of your pets ever looked at you and turned you down? Does the moon laugh at you and your acne scars? Of course not. The world God created was not meant to hurt us. The fallen nature of human beings is what warped our perception into one of spiritual ignorance and darkness. You are ok man. I feel your pain. You must remember we all must go through our own personal Desert or "dark night of the soul" in our to be fully circumcised to God the father. Where did John the Baptist go?The Desert. Jesus? The Desert. Isrealites? The desert. And you my friend and many other people on this website are having our "Desert" experience right here and now. Instead of loathing and crying and bieng depressed we must understand that life is temporary but this is a part of our eternal victory. This is an opportunity for us to realise the false lies of this world and turn away from them. We are all beautiful. We are all loved. We all hurt. We all suffer. But through Jesus Christ we now have the victory over this world. Use this website to research to your hearts content all the useful information regarding the skin. If you need help I can help you personally. I possess lots of knowledge ovet the human body and I may be able to help you personally. To everyone else out there. Keep fighting the good fight. And remember, we are all in this together.

MemberMember
(@livvie)

Posted : 02/20/2013 12:37 pm

I think also that problems like the way we struggle with our self-image can lead to growth. We can learn that our joy...our true joy... doesn't have to come from how we look or what people think of us or any of our negative circumstances, but from the Lord, despite what our eyes want to see -or don't want to see - that isn't (or is) there.

One thing that helps me a lot is to think of all of the things I can be grateful for! We really are given so many blessings we take for granted - our health (that is a HUGE blessing: when you are sick or in pain you don't really care what you look like as much as you want to get better, I have found out through experience), our families, our homes, even being able to take comfort in the fact that our worries can be about something so small as our face! That's way better than having to worry about where our next meal is coming from or how we are going to physically make it through another day. When you think about what you have, rather than what you think you need, it makes you so much happier.

Enjoy your life, despite the condition of your face! Jesus said, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." The thief mentioned is Satan. He doesn't want you to love living. He wants you to be devistated and think only about temporary things that have no value. Don't let him use this as a foothold in your life! Stay strong in the Lord. We do that by submersing ourselves in Scripture.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." - Colossians 3:12

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?" - 1 Corinthians 3:16

"The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever." - Isaiah 40:8

"And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" - Luke 12:25

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. - Matthew 11:28

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." - Matthew 6:34

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." - John 14:27

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." - 1 Thessalonians 5:18

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day." - 2 Corinthians 4:16

"Those who look to Him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed." - Psalm 34:5

"For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace." - Romans 8:6

"But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, Why have you made me like this? - Romans 9:20

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16

The Bible speaks for itself and offers words of comfort.

Perspective.

It helps.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/20/2013 12:46 pm

why is there no treatment that get rids of scars 100%. This shit is tiring.