Notifications
Clear all

Topical Vitamin B5 And How It Prevents Acne

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/22/2013 4:41 pm

How B5 works for those who experience problems with acne: Vitamin B5 is great to help the skin with certain problems that may pop up from time to time, such as acne. Basically what the B5 does is create high amounts of Coenzyme-A. People with acne are often lacking in their metabolism of certain types of fats ~ they do not have enough Coenzyme-A in the body. The fats do not break down, and instead get deposited in your sebaceous (oil) glands. The p.acne bacteria feeds off of this sebum, and creates acne. Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) is must be present to make coenzyme-A (CoA), and is a must for metabolism and synthesis of nutrients which we get from certain foods. Vitamin B5 is often used to help treat acne and is quite effective when used on a regular basis to do so. This vitamin can be a strong weapon against acne. Many people swear by vitamin B5 for many of the skin care treatments to aid the skin. If you want to get rid of acne you may want to make it part of your skin care routine.

With the aid of additional B5 (all of this extra Coenzyme-A,) these excess fats can be metabolized and oil production better controlled. The results would then be non-oily, or less-oily, skin. With a minimal amount of oil on your skin, little or no acne is produced. Compared to the acne medicine A*cutane, which also minimizes oil production but it does so by shrinking your oil glands B5 is a much healthier option. The B5 Pantothenic Acid doesn't need to shrink your oil glands, because it controls the oil simply by metabolizing it the way nature intended. An extra bonus you get with Pantothenic Acid (B5) is that it also, in time, makes your pores smaller. It is recommended to apply the B5 serum only to the areas where you have excess oil production and/or acne. Do not apply around wrinkle-prone areas, such as eyes, upper lip, etc. (these areas benefit from oil). Some might experience an initial increase of acne at first, as the pores start to clear out the old sebum in the pores. But this is only temporary, and once it's clear you can start to enjoy a new complexion!

Instead of downing massive amount of Vitamin B5 a good B5 serum might just do the trick

MemberMember
(@patientx)

Posted : 01/22/2013 5:55 pm

Can the skin actually absorb vitamin B5 through the pores? Does this work for you? Everything I've read about B5 in acne treatment requires taking it internally. So this is new to me.

Can you just dissolve B5 powder in water and put it on face?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/22/2013 6:13 pm

Can the skin actually absorb vitamin B5 through the pores? Does this work for you? Everything I've read about B5 in acne treatment requires taking it internally. So this is new to me.

I think most serums are created to penetrate the pores specially after a hot shower/ steam bath. Not sure about B5 powder. I will try one and see how it works.

MemberMember
(@callendula)

Posted : 01/22/2013 7:13 pm

People with acne are often lacking in their metabolism of certain types of fats ~ they do not have enough Coenzyme-A in the body. The fats do not break down, and instead get deposited in your sebaceous (oil) glands. The p.acne bacteria feeds off of this sebum, and creates acne. Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) is must be present to make coenzyme-A (CoA), and is a must for metabolism and synthesis of nutrients which we get from certain foods.

Do you know if one could take digestive enzymes since they break down fats, proteins, sugars and carbs. I'm talking about something like this type of product: http://www.vitacost.com/source-naturals-daily-essential-enzymes-500-mg-240-capsules-4 (it has an ingredient list)

Would that work just as well? If not, which type of B5? I used a cheap multi B from walmart years ago and I remember it worked well. Recently, I opted for a liquid B as I read it would absorb faster and be more effective. However, I don't think I have seen as great results as I did with that cheap pill. But, I do not recall even what was in it as far as B5 component.

I appreciate any feedback. :) Thanks!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/22/2013 8:36 pm

People with acne are often lacking in their metabolism of certain types of fats ~ they do not have enough Coenzyme-A in the body. The fats do not break down, and instead get deposited in your sebaceous (oil) glands. The p.acne bacteria feeds off of this sebum, and creates acne. Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) is must be present to make coenzyme-A (CoA), and is a must for metabolism and synthesis of nutrients which we get from certain foods.

Do you know if one could take digestive enzymes since they break down fats, proteins, sugars and carbs. I'm talking about something like this type of product: http://www.vitacost.com/source-naturals-daily-essential-enzymes-500-mg-240-capsules-4 (it has an ingredient list)

Would that work just as well? If not, which type of B5? I used a cheap multi B from walmart years ago and I remember it worked well. Recently, I opted for a liquid B as I read it would absorb faster and be more effective. However, I don't think I have seen as great results as I did with that cheap pill. But, I do not recall even what was in it as far as B5 component.

I appreciate any feedback. smile.png Thanks!

I appreciate any feedback. smile.png Thanks!

Supplementing digestive enzymes in the long run is not good as you want to produce them naturally. Fruits especially pineapple and papaya and raw honey have digestive enzymes.

You can try zinc with vitamin b complex and see if it works. Again for short term only

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 01/22/2013 9:08 pm

I been taking b5 for 7 weeks now ( 6 grams )

It's helping but is taking time.

MemberMember
(@callendula)

Posted : 01/23/2013 4:59 pm

Supplementing digestive enzymes in the long run is not good as you want to produce them naturally. Fruits especially pineapple and papaya and raw honey have digestive enzymes.

You can try zinc with vitamin b complex and see if it works. Again for short term only

Thanks! The liquid has dexpanthenol in it for the b5, so I think I will look for a pill with the pantothenic. I had read that B5 makes anti-stress hormones to regulate cortisol levels and that low levels of B5 increases androgen production. I have been under a lot of stress for quite some time, so it would make sense if I am low in B5. Can't hurt to try--B vitamins are water soluble, right? So if I don't need it, my body will dump it?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/26/2013 11:32 am

Thanks! The liquid has dexpanthenol in it for the b5, so I think I will look for a pill with the pantothenic. I had read that B5 makes anti-stress hormones to regulate cortisol levels and that low levels of B5 increases androgen production. I have been under a lot of stress for quite some time, so it would make sense if I am low in B5. Can't hurt to try--B vitamins are water soluble, right? So if I don't need it, my body will dump it?

Vitamin B5 is water soluble and will be dumped out of the body. There are other threads which tells how the supplement should be taken. Skinceuticals makes a very high end B5 serum. You can try products from made from earth which contains B5 as well.

http://www.madefromearth.com/content/rosehip-hibiscus-facial-serum

MemberMember
(@callendula)

Posted : 02/08/2013 5:02 pm

Vitamin B5 is water soluble and will be dumped out of the body. There are other threads which tells how the supplement should be taken. Skinceuticals makes a very high end B5 serum. You can try products from made from earth which contains B5 as well.

http://www.madefromearth.com/content/rosehip-hibiscus-facial-serum

Thank you for the information! Much appreciated!

MemberMember
(@mikito)

Posted : 04/17/2013 4:51 am

Binga, Have you ever tried oral b5 + l-cysteine ? I'm asking this because Im considering to give this a try, at a dosage of 500 mg, but no more.