Notifications
Clear all

Can Apple Cider Vinegar With Mother (Braggs) Permanently Damage Skin?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/21/2013 9:45 pm

If you apply apple cider vinegar with mother (slightly diluted with water or even 100 %) can this cause permanent damager to the skin, i.e. skin changes? Can it make your skin permanently rough and permenent dermatitis? Can it cause permanent sebum production?

Anyone experience this?

MemberMember
(@semmer)

Posted : 01/22/2013 9:43 am

If you apply apple cider vinegar with mother (slightly diluted with water or even 100 %) can this cause permanent damager to the skin, i.e. skin changes? Can it make your skin permanently rough and permenent dermatitis? Can it cause permanent sebum production?

Anyone experience this?

Never anything close to that. Several years ago I used Heinz vinegar, full test, spot treat and all over and made my face aggravated and broke out more.

Earlier this month when I started recovering from my vitamin D deficiency and the jojoba oil on my cheeks creating sebum plugs alllllll over. Awful. Manual exfoliation if it did NON work. Just aggravated further. I read on skinacea.com (AWESOME SITE!) That "chemical exfoliant" worked better for her, but I couldn't find AHA anywhere, and I was worried since my skin is soooooooooo sensitive... But ACV has a natural AHA in the firm of malic acid (as I understand it) and so I began using it. Bragg's with Mother. Worked soooooo well. Using it diluted, but once a day, my face never feels filmy in the shower anymore, not like I need to scrape dead skin with my nails, which I did for several months... The braggs just made the plugs start to come out and I could just pull them with tweezers. Left a red mark, but that's going away too, and the plugs are NOT coming back. Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/28/2013 1:52 am

So t doesn't permanently damage ?

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 01/28/2013 2:16 am

Hol up so there is a difference with mother and without. Which one damages skin? I use the one with mother, what does that shit even mean.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 01/28/2013 3:19 am

How about drinking it early morning before any food.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/28/2013 8:15 am

What makes you think it's damaging your skin?

MemberMember
(@777lb)

Posted : 01/28/2013 12:07 pm

I've been using ACV as a toner for months now, never has damaged my skin, its really brightened my complexion.

MemberMember
(@semmer)

Posted : 01/28/2013 1:35 pm

I've read many, many, many reviews. Never heard of it permanently damaging skin. I mean... It's acidic, so be smart about it, but it's actually been really great on my skin. The mother is the unfiltered good bacteria at the bottom. Shake to distribute before use.

MemberMember
(@clarice12345)

Posted : 01/30/2013 7:20 pm

omg. it damaged my skin. i tried the whole toner thing for a while, and it just ended up burning my face. (and i HATE the smell) I think i should've diluted it more....but recently i've been taking apple cider vinegar pills which have been working like a CHARM.

I use esmond natural as my apple cider vinegar brand

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 01/30/2013 11:46 pm

The only time it ever damaged my skin is when I had a cyst, and I taped a cotton ball with undiluted acv to it for about an hour, like an idiot. It caused a big red chemical looking burn. I can even post the picture here at some point when I find it. Yeah the stuff can be helpful but use it wisely otherwise you can screw yourself over. I have a scar now. Barely visible but when I look closely in the mirror I say to myself "what is wrong with you." :)

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/31/2013 3:20 am

The only time it ever damaged my skin is when I had a cyst, and I taped a cotton ball with undiluted acv to it for about an hour, like an idiot. It caused a big red chemical looking burn. I can even post the picture here at some point when I find it. Yeah the stuff can be helpful but use it wisely otherwise you can screw yourself over. I have a scar now. Barely visible but when I look closely in the mirror I say to myself "what is wrong with you." smile.png

Did the chemical looking burn scab?