Notifications
Clear all

Tretionoin I Think Its Time To Stop

MemberMember
(@jyogi)

Posted : 01/20/2013 8:21 pm

ok so im new to the site ive been using tretinoin for a couple of years and at first it seemed to work really good i stopped breaking out and everything seemed fine , but lately i have been getting cysts alot i currently have one thats not really red well it started off really red i didnt mess with it at all but now it feels like a hard lump under my skin this is probably the second or third one ive gotten this month and its only been like 3 weeks once every week , well i think the tretinoin doesnt work anymore and could be causing the pimples so im gonna start not using it ive done research and have heard mixed things about this like it will get bad and many people saying i should stay on it , but ive been using it and these pimple keep coming , plus my skin has been feeling very dry lately . i use cetaphil gentle cleanser in the night and sometimes in the morning but usually i just rinse my face off with water in the morning sometime ill use the cetaphil . ill apply tretinoin 0.05 every night . i never use to get cystic pimples but now im getting them lately so im gonna try and stop its been a few days and my skin doesnt feel so dry but im gonna try it out. i thought trying the same thing and expecting different results seemed kinda crazy but now ill try this im scared to but im gonna try it oh yeah i only use tretinoin on my cheeks where i usually break out no where else and every where else seems to be find occasional pimple here and there but no cysts except for cheek area where i apply tretinoin well any feed back or advice about tretionoin cream or the lump pimple thats really hard and not so red anymore would be apppreciated and ill post on how every thing goes thanks goodbye

MemberMember
(@vyvan84)

Posted : 01/21/2013 8:46 am

I have the same problem. I use Triacneal, at first, it helps a lot to make the clogged pores underneath my skin out onto the surface, but just as a whitehead which I can easily extract. But to my surprise, later I got cyst which I never have. At first I thought it's due to my picking, but now I think Tretinion also contribute to it.

Since I stop using it, even though I still cannot give up the picking habit, I do not get cyst anymore. At least, I just have papules size.

MemberMember
(@jyogi)

Posted : 01/21/2013 12:32 pm

yeah thats goood to hear hopefully since i am stopping using tretinoin i wont get cysts anymore

MemberMember
(@jyogi)

Posted : 01/23/2013 6:56 pm

alright so today i freaked out thinking i was breaking out but i think im good , i still want to use tretinoin but i dont want to have to depend on it forever so i still have that big cyst i had before i stopped using tretinoin its gotten bigger but its like under my skin and dry but a little softer all i want is this damn cyst to go away and never have any more cystic pimples , im okay with the other ones its just these monster ones that piss me off anyway lets see how it goes well at least my face doesnt feel so dry anymore so hopefully ill have some good news to post soon like when this monsters gone

MemberMember
(@jyogi)

Posted : 01/25/2013 1:56 am

alright so im onto another day no new pimples except the huge one ive had for like a week its like the biggest one ive ever had . so far so good i am taking vitamin d3 iv'e heard many good things about it so ill give it a go anyway once this huge pimple goes away ill feel alot better . hopefully everyones acne is giving them a little break take care people

MemberMember
(@jyogi)

Posted : 01/27/2013 5:58 am

alright so everythings still alright i got a pimple on my forehead but i dont even use the tretinoin there and the ones on my forehead are usually always never bad but no new ones on my cheeks since ive stopped just the giant one ive had and thats about it anyway i think its been about a week and so far so good hopefully it will stay going this way i really hope so oh yeah my face is not as oily anymore and it doesnt feel irratated at all so im very happy hopefully this week will be good feel free to reply and im not saying anything bad about tretinoin it worked for me when i had really bad pimples i used the tret and the clindamyacin and it was all good i think my skin just got tired of it and it started to make me break out so it was time for a change well i hope to hear from people if they want to reply bye

MemberMember
(@jyogi)

Posted : 01/30/2013 2:26 am

hey there back again so everythings been good so far no new giant pimples i have gotten one small one on my cheek but it looks pretty small so im happy its almost been two week with no tretinoin i cant believe im doing it well anyway lets hope it continues to go well bye

MemberMember
(@jyogi)

Posted : 02/05/2013 2:59 pm

so im back the huge pimple under my skin has gone down and you cant really notice it but its still there the one on my forehead is almost gone and i have one small pimple on my cheek first one in 16 days pretty good for me its hard since ive gotten a few new pimples but alltogether only two where i usually put the tretinoin . i really want to stop using it and im gonna hang tough in there cuase when i was using it i was getting back to back cystic pimples and id rather have a few little ones that cystic pimples all the time well im gonna keep it up so if you think the tretinoin is doing bad things to your skin you probably should stop and i was already using in for a few years so i was way past the initial breakout anyway if you need advice just message me well take care everyone

MemberMember
(@jyogi)

Posted : 05/17/2013 3:48 am

ok so its been along time and my pimples have calmed down alot , its refreshing to not have to worry and feel bad about a new pimple and not to mention embarrased , i havent gotten any monster pimple in a long time and im oh so happy wish me luck fellow acne comrades and be strong , i know what your going through and this site helped me alot , thank you all for your support even though it wasnt directly aimed at me , thank you