Notifications
Clear all

Treatment For Dry Skin

MemberMember
(@kristina90)

Posted : 01/20/2013 11:01 am

Hi;

I have a dry skin and get ugly especially in winters. I do suffer from acne and have followed various treatments which does not seem to work. The worst skin that i suffer from is during winters, it just dries my skin and i also have acne marks, can someone on this board suggest a facial moisturiser that will help me get rid of the dry skin. I have used Retina A cream in the past and i also consume vitamin A capsules, they have worked but not up to satisfaction.

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 01/20/2013 11:59 pm

I personally use Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Hydrating Care as my daily moisturizer, it leaves a matt finish and gets rid of flakes, leaving my skin looking nice and fresh for when I go out after about 5 minuets of letting it absorb / letting my face ajust.

It's also winter here where I am, as in, it's really really cold and this stuff does great

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/21/2013 6:31 pm

i would suggest shea butter at night. It is very moisturizing but a bit greasy-looking for during the day. Shea butter also helps heal the skin. It will take away a lot of the redness from the acne.

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 01/30/2013 5:39 pm

I use Retin-A and experience dry, flakey skin. I keep a bottle of Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel and pure vegetable glycerin in the refrigerator. I squeeze out about 1/4 teaspoon of the aloe vera and add a drop or two of the glycerin in the palm of my hand as well as a few drops of water to thin it out, then combine them before applying to my face. I can't get over how supple my skin becomes after this application. It would probably save time to pre-mix the two ingredients ahead of time, but I just haven't gotten around to it. You really don't need too much of the glycerin, because it can get sticky if you add too much. When you find just the right ratio you will definitely know it! These two ingredients are known for not aggravating acne or clogging pores, so it's great not to worry about that. Sometimes when the air is extremely dry, I add a very thin layer of Hemp oil over the aloe/glycerin combination.

MemberMember
(@jmj1975)

Posted : 01/30/2013 10:19 pm

I use Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance in the winter. I also started adding a few drops on jojoba oil to the moisturizer. I wish I used both of these products when I took Accutane years ago. My skin was so dry on Accutane.