Notifications
Clear all

14/m Accutane Log (With Pictures)

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/19/2013 5:13 pm

Day 0

Alright, so, after using Tazorac for 7 weeks I have seen some results (at least I think I do) and other people do too, but not my dermatologist, so two days ago, I signed the iPledge booklet all over, and my mom bought me my first box of Claravis today. I am starting on 40mg a day. I am pretty nervous about this... I know what to expect, and I just read the whole Medical Information packet that came in the box, I hope I do not die or have seizures...

I am a cheerleader too, so I am not looking forward to these joint pains, because I really have no off season, two or three games a week, and then tumbling practice on Sundays, it's gonna be tough!

I cannot start popping the pills until this Monday when I go an get my blood work done, and then I will be on my journey to clear skin smile.png

Here are my before pictures!

post-195331-0-07748900-1358633512_thumb.

post-195331-0-03676700-1358633531_thumb.

post-195331-0-51107600-1358633551_thumb.

post-195331-0-07748900-1358633512_thumb.

post-195331-0-03676700-1358633531_thumb.

post-195331-0-51107600-1358633551_thumb.

MemberMember
(@sanlosang)

Posted : 01/19/2013 6:04 pm

Is it recommended (/safe) to take Accutane at this young age?

Also, don't strain yourself physically with that cheer-leading, my brother is still suffering from on-off inflammation in his shoulder muscle and he took Accutane 10 years ago (he was 16, he used to play soccer, it started right after his course was over).

I'm 100% pro-Accutane but I still suggest you try consulting with another doctor before going on Accutane, you're 14 and in my opinion it might be too young to take the responsibility if Accutane f***s you up somehow (rare but possible).

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/19/2013 6:38 pm

Is it recommended (/safe) to take Accutane at this young age?

Also, don't strain yourself physically with that cheer-leading, my brother is still suffering from on-off inflammation in his shoulder muscle and he took Accutane 10 years ago (he was 16, he used to play soccer, it started right after his course was over).

I'm 100% pro-Accutane but I still suggest you try consulting with another doctor before going on Accutane, you're 14 and in my opinion it might be too young to take the responsibility if Accutane f***s you up somehow (rare but possible).

Thank you for your concern! Yeah, thankfully my last game is in February, and then Conditioning will start in May, I will try and take it easy.

I am not worried about suicide or other mental problems, I have already been to counciling in 2 or 3 years ago, and I have a good group of friends to help me through anything (my mom too), so I appreciate this very much, but I will tell my doctor is anything is going on in that head up there... :)

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/21/2013 10:01 am

Day 1

So I just took my first pill! Finally getting this show on the road :)

The lab wasn't bad at all today, we got there 30 minutes after it opened, and had to wait about 20 minutes... Not bad at all if you have something to read ;)

Ofcourse, no side affects, seeing as I just took the pill 1 minutes ago... Wish me luck!

MemberMember
(@denisj)

Posted : 01/21/2013 5:33 pm

Good luck.

I wish I was on accutane when I was at your age...or at least when I started getting bad acnes.

If you successfully finish the course, you will be glad that you started early and prevented further scarring.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/21/2013 7:05 pm

Hi Ryan - 7 weeks is certainy not enough time to see if it is working for you. You have to give retinoids at LEAST 3 months. But since you're already on accutane, good luck!

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/21/2013 7:18 pm

Good luck.

I wish I was on accutane when I was at your age...or at least when I started getting bad acnes.

If you successfully finish the course, you will be glad that you started early and prevented further scarring.

Thank you! yeah, I am glad that I am going to get rid of it once and for all!

Hi Ryan - 7 weeks is certainy not enough time to see if it is working for you. You have to give retinoids at LEAST 3 months. But since you're already on accutane, good luck!

Yeah, I don't know... From what I have read on the internet, I was going to give Taz more time to do it's thing (and I heard that it reduces scarring).

Thanks for your concern! :)

MemberMember
(@billywilly45)

Posted : 01/21/2013 9:05 pm

Hi ryan! I am also a male cheerleader in washington state. I am 16 and i am also on accutane 3 and a half months today. You may or may not get joint pain I did at first but they just kind of died down after a while. What would happen is that i'm a backspot and my lower back would just start to hurt out of nowhere:( that was probably somewhere in my first month and a half or so. Another thing that could happen is that once your on accutane for a while your face will get very delicate i have been scratched many times during full downs and my face starts to bleed just from a very mild scratch. I think that has happened like 2 or 3 times. Make sure you carry around chapstick with you at all times also, like nivea or burts bees. The one I find the best is nivea a kiss of smoothness you can buy it at your local walmart for i think for $2. Your face will be looking better in no time!

Goodluck

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/22/2013 6:09 am

Hi ryan! I am also a male cheerleader in washington state. I am 16 and i am also on accutane 3 and a half months today. You may or may not get joint pain I did at first but they just kind of died down after a while. What would happen is that i'm a backspot and my lower back would just start to hurt out of nowhere:( that was probably somewhere in my first month and a half or so. Another thing that could happen is that once your on accutane for a while your face will get very delicate i have been scratched many times during full downs and my face starts to bleed just from a very mild scratch. I think that has happened like 2 or 3 times. Make sure you carry around chapstick with you at all times also, like nivea or burts bees. The one I find the best is nivea a kiss of smoothness you can buy it at your local walmart for i think for $2. Your face will be looking better in no time!

Goodluck

Oh wow! This is neat! :D Yeah, I am a base and backspot (what ever my coach needs)! Thanks for letting me know what to expect! How is your face looking? Did you have a bad IB? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@billywilly45)

Posted : 01/22/2013 8:01 pm

Goodluck

Oh wow! This is neat! biggrin.png Yeah, I am a base and backspot (what ever my coach needs)! Thanks for letting me know what to expect! How is your face looking? Did you have a bad IB? Thanks!

How long have you been doing cheer man? and how many people are on your team? the team that i'm on has 31 girls and 4 boys :P and we have 3 coaches:p my face is starting to look better pretty much the 1st and 2nd month your face flattens out and you shouldnt really feel much acne. So right now my face is like perfectly smooth I have tons of red marks though but if i give it some time they will fade. My IB consisted of maybe one or 2 pimples nothing bad so maybe i didn't even have a IB:p Oh and i haven't had any pimples for like 3 weeks :D

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/22/2013 8:32 pm

Goodluck

Oh wow! This is neat! biggrin.png Yeah, I am a base and backspot (what ever my coach needs)! Thanks for letting me know what to expect! How is your face looking? Did you have a bad IB? Thanks!

How long have you been doing cheer man? and how many people are on your team? the team that i'm on has 31 girls and 4 boys tongue.png and we have 3 coaches:p my face is starting to look better pretty much the 1st and 2nd month your face flattens out and you shouldnt really feel much acne. So right now my face is like perfectly smooth I have tons of red marks though but if i give it some time they will fade. My IB consisted of maybe one or 2 pimples nothing bad so maybe i didn't even have a IB:p Oh and i haven't had any pimples for like 3 weeks biggrin.png

Hey, I will PM you so this topic doesn't overflow with cheer things :)

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/23/2013 9:00 pm

Day 3

My face definitely feels different. It is less and less oily as the days go by!

Just small break outs, nothing out of the normal...

Uh rectal bleeding? Just a speck of blood yesterday and today. I don't know if it's from accutane, or just something else, but this has never happened before... Oh well, I am not going to stop taking it because I am bleeding. :P

I will post more pictures on Day 8!

MemberMember
(@billywilly45)

Posted : 01/23/2013 9:56 pm

Yes rectal bleeding has happened to me too:( it is a side effect because accutane dries you from the inside out if it continues buy some psyillium husk pills or colon cleanse pills and take 2-4 a day along with your accutane pills (1 or 2 with breakfast 1 or 2 with dinner) they are pretty cheap i think 2-4 dollars for 150 pills I think? taking those has worked for me and it sure beats a doctor having to take a peak at your butt >.< Glad to see all is going well

-Skylar

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/23/2013 10:49 pm

Phew! What a relief! I am glad that I am not the only one! Thanks for the advice Skylar!

MemberMember
(@kyou)

Posted : 01/24/2013 3:21 pm

What did you do about the red marks left behind??

Any home remedy?

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/24/2013 6:46 pm

What did you do about the red marks left behind??

Any home remedy?

Oh! not on my clothes or anything, just when I... wiped. Sorry D:

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/25/2013 7:32 pm

Day 5

Okay, my face is very oily again today... and my lips are getting sore too. I am starting to experience the joint pains, and especially in my lower back.

Small breaks outs on my cheeks where I normally get them, my forehead is doing well I think, blackheads are a lot more extractable now. The blackheads on my nose are a lot more visible and they are not coming out... Weird.

MemberMember
(@lookitsme)

Posted : 01/25/2013 8:03 pm

The blackheads on my nose are a lot more visible and they are not coming out... Weird.

I have the exact same thing now! It's pretty gross when you look at it in the mirror, haha. And it's very tempting to squeeze them out for me :S

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/28/2013 3:41 pm

Week 2-Day 8

Well, my face is mostly just scars that will go away in a week or two. I do have some pustule things that I am not brave enough to mess with. My lips are HORRIBLE! That bad thing is, when you put on lip balm, what ever it is, it comes off when you eat, or drink water (at least for me it does), and when you're on accutane you have to drink lots of water (it helps)... Really frustrating...

Here are the pictures I promised tongue.png

post-195331-0-91734500-1359405541_thumb.

post-195331-0-52977400-1359405563_thumb.

post-195331-0-36154300-1359405584_thumb.

post-195331-0-91734500-1359405541_thumb.

post-195331-0-52977400-1359405563_thumb.

post-195331-0-36154300-1359405584_thumb.

MemberMember
(@paulxdragon)

Posted : 01/28/2013 6:00 pm

No offense, but you shouldn't be taking accutane, many people here have suffered with acne well in to their 20's before starting this drug, your acne could just be a phase, you should try to ride it out first before turning to something like accutane.

MemberMember
(@lookitsme)

Posted : 01/28/2013 9:17 pm

No offense, but you shouldn't be taking accutane, many people here have suffered with acne well in to their 20's before starting this drug, your acne could just be a phase, you should try to ride it out first before turning to something like accutane.

Obviously his doctor believes differently. If I was given the chance, I would have taken it instantly. Now instead, I have to deal with scars of the "acne phase". Please, you have no idea if it's going to be a phase or not. Why risk a lifetime of scars if he, his family, and doctor is comfortable with Accutane? I say more power to you and best of luck!

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/28/2013 10:11 pm

Obviously his doctor believes differently. If I was given the chance, I would have taken it instantly. Now instead, I have to deal with scars of the "acne phase". Please, you have no idea if it's going to be a phase or not. Why risk a lifetime of scars if he, his family, and doctor is comfortable with Accutane? I say more power to you and best of luck!

Oh my god, you could have not put it into better words! Thank you :) Yeah, I wasn't sure how to reply to him without coming off as rude, but you just summed up all of my thoughts! Thank you for your kind words! and goodluck with your scars! Have you tried microdermabrasion, or PMD or something like that?

MemberMember
(@cheezycakes)

Posted : 01/29/2013 5:53 pm

If your doctor thinks it's fine to be on accutane, then it's fine. The overwhelming majority of people won't have severe side effects. I'm glad you're doing well. Even though you're young and your acne is pretty mild, it's always a good idea to zap it early before it scars. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@ryanwithacne)

Posted : 01/30/2013 7:30 pm

Day 10

Well, around my nose and on my chin are getting very very very oily! Is this normal? I am not drying out at all atm. Today at school someone asked me if I put something on my face, because it looked "shiny". Like, my upper lip is sooo shiny. My face is also starting to get red/darken... Weird.

I am through my first little trifold of pills! Feels like just yesterday I was ripping off my first pill cover...

My stomach is hurting a lot, and so is my lower back, still. I will bend over to tie my shoe, and when I stand up it's like someone is ripping out my tailbone. (I may be acting a little dramatic)...

While my face isn't drying out(yet), my body is! My eczema that I got rid of a week back, has now come back and it is really itchy and uncomfortable... and I am usually not ashy on anywhere besides my joints like elbows and knees, and now I am ashy on my whole arm... CETAPHIL TO THE RESCUE!

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 01/30/2013 11:36 pm

I totally understand the back pain. It should go away once your body starts adjusting to the drug. Mine was gone at about the one month mark if I remember right.