Notifications
Clear all

Is This Normal?

MemberMember
(@gibris)

Posted : 01/19/2013 12:24 pm

Hey people, like all you I've suffered with scars because acne, a few time ago, I got a mechanical peel and I had a big spot on my forehead, so after the extraction, I received a cauterization on my skin -supposedly, for eliminate the bacterium-. Now, two days after this, I have this scar on my forehead, and I've never had that kind of scaring, so I'm a little worried. Have you ever had this kind of scaring? is it normal?

post-195228-0-18646200-1358616189_thumb.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 01/19/2013 1:08 pm

The best thing to do is to ask a professional. If you can't get to one right away, keep hydrated. And if thats still healing keep it hydrated as well.

MemberMember
(@gibris)

Posted : 01/19/2013 1:19 pm

Thanks, I've applied Sun Protector, And I have not gone out since the peel to avoid sun's light.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 01/19/2013 1:19 pm

It's hard to say based on the picture, but it could be an infection and you should see a doctor or better yet, a derm as soon as possible, just to be on the safe side. It could just be hyperpigmentation as well, but I can't tell and I'm not an expert. Skin infections can be nasty and leave scars, so it's important to get the right medication soon and that is why you should go to a doctor.

MemberMember
(@gibris)

Posted : 01/19/2013 2:32 pm

Well, I think I just can wait until tomorrow, I hope it heals good, the woman that applied the peel said to me, maybe it might take more than 2 days

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 01/19/2013 2:34 pm

apply some polysporin to it and don't touch for awhile. Doesn't look good, you will probably have some scarring there, but could go away with time.

MemberMember
(@gibris)

Posted : 01/19/2013 8:35 pm

Thanks for replying, I went to the drugstore, and there, they said me that meanwhile it doesn't hurt it won't be a problem so, at least I know that the scar doesn't have infection and stuff, In this moment it looks better than the photo. we'll see tomorrow