MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 01/18/2013 6:10 pm

TonerPostredo-1680.jpg?t=1358578575

Tonerpostredo2ndpage-1680.jpg?t=1358578643

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 01/18/2013 8:23 pm

Also: After the mixture comes to a boil initially, you can turn the heat down to low and occasionally stir. It will still be simmering even on the low heat. And while it is setting for an hour, it might be a good idea to put a lid on the pan. This way you limit how much water evaporates.

And for those who don't know, you can purchase distilled water by the gallon at wal mart and many other grocery stores

Edit: I guess it depends on your stovetop. Glass cooktops tend to take a while to cool down, whereas gas is much more immediate. I boil the mixture at medium heat, and really it'd be fine to leave it there for the ten minutes while stirring occasionally.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 01/19/2013 1:22 am

Think it's easier to read now

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 01/20/2013 4:56 pm

Thanks for posting the details of your new toner! It looks like you put a lot of thought into the ingredients. What results do you notice when you use it? (I've found that the unbleached cotton pads are not easy to come by, but I found that Bambooee reusable towels are great for applying toners. I cut them up into 4 x 4 squares. They are readily available at Whole Foods.)

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 01/21/2013 12:55 am

Thanks for posting the details of your new toner! It looks like you put a lot of thought into the ingredients. What results do you notice when you use it? (I've found that the unbleached cotton pads are not easy to come by, but I found that Bambooee reusable towels are great for applying toners. I cut them up into 4 x 4 squares. They are readily available at Whole Foods.)

I don't deal with hyper-pigmentation, (as i've had my acne under control for some time now) so it'd be hard for me to tell how effectively the licorice root is working in that department. Even if it wasn't touted for reducing hyper-pimentation, i'd still use it for it's anti-inflammatory/anti-oxidant properties.

I like the feel of my skin after using this toner better than after using the green tea toner though. The thing i like about this concoction is that it uses a wide variety of ingredients. And to anyone considering using it, i'll re-emphasize how important i believe it is to be using a homemade face wash if you use one. Most OTC washes are going to be much too strong for skin, and can leave the skin feeling very tight/dry. Even these 'sensitive skin' washes are too strong. And if you are using an OTC moisturizer, it'll take a little time for your skin to adjust to not using one, but i'm confident you can wean off of them. I used to use them, and it took a week or two for my skin to adjust. But you can also use a natural/homemade moisturizer if you really think you need one. Just don't think you can quit cold turkey and not feel a bit of tightness/dryness initially

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 01/21/2013 2:27 am

Also if the herbs are sold out at mountainroseherbs, you can check starwestbotanicals or American Bulk Herbs or Monterey Bay Spice Company, and i think there's a few others. Not advertising for these company's, just letting you know there are multiple sellers online

MemberMember
(@69ersdmmgmail-com)

Posted : 01/22/2013 1:02 am

may you suggest some recipes for homemade face wash that goes well with this toner if you don't mind?

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 01/23/2013 2:33 am

One great wash uses yogurt, oatmeal, and organic sugar. If you have a food processor, you can finely grind the oatmeal. Combine these equal parts and add more yogurt if consistency is too thick (which it probably will be). If your skin is fine with oils, you can do a grapeseed oil/organic sugar wash. Add sugar to the oil until you reach the desired thickness and your good to go. You can also add honey to this. As well as brewed green tea and/or the used tea bag leaves.

If anyone else has suggestions for homemade washes feel free to chime in. These are a couple off the top of my head. There are a bunch i used to be familiar with, so i'll try to dig them up

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 01/31/2013 6:44 pm

Am curious if anyone else has tried this yet. It does require more ordered ingredients, so i can see where that might put some people off. I'm already working on other ideas, but i'd love to know if anyone else has used it.