Notifications
Clear all

Best Benzoyl Peroxide

MemberMember
(@vxnova)

Posted : 01/18/2013 2:08 am

I wanted to know what people think is the best benzoyl peroxide product for oily skin. I was using panoxyl aquagel and acnegel but they discontinued it. I am in the US and have used persagel but it does not work well. I still get oily skin and whiteheads appear on my forehead. I only use bp at night before going to bed. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you all.

MemberMember
(@vxnova)

Posted : 01/29/2013 12:44 pm

Please help as i am at a dead end. I have tried all sorts of brands and none work as well as panoxyl gel did. I have been acne free for years but now it is here again. I have seen some posts about benzac but it is in australia and i am in california and i dont know how it will work. I am very dissapointed that panoxyl gel is discontinued but i am helpless. Any help is appreciated i have oily skin and i cover my face in bp at night.

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 01/29/2013 3:52 pm

Try dans. Its great!

http://www.danielkern.com/product-p/treatment-8.htm

MemberMember
(@vxnova)

Posted : 01/29/2013 5:49 pm

I should mention i need a 10% bp. My skin is very oily so dans would not work as it is only 2.5%.

MemberMember
(@vxnova)

Posted : 01/30/2013 2:37 pm

So i decided to order benzac ac 10% and hope this will work. I have read some good things about it but am fruatrated that it has to be shipped from way down under. I hope it can get to california quickly.

MemberMember
(@calidrummer)

Posted : 02/01/2013 5:22 pm

This works for me, I have oily skin. I wash my face twice in the morning & evenings. And I only moisturize with Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (Non-comedogenic) in the mornings. I don't moisturize at night because my dermatologist told me the skin doesn't need moisturizer at night because that's when the skin heals itself during sleep. But in the morning after washing my face I do moisturize.

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser Daily Formula $5.99

450.jpg

MemberMember
(@callendula)

Posted : 02/05/2013 8:20 pm

I used the generic walmart brand (equate) 10%. It's not too expensive. However, I could not put it full strength on my face even though I'm super oily. I mixed it with a glycerin and water moisturizer to dilute it down then spread it all over my face. Worked well for me. I have since switched because I wanted to lower my BP exposure. I am currently using Oxy Clinical Clearing treatment BP. It's only 5%, though. But it is time released and I like it . I only use mine at night unless I am staying home. It has worked great and hasn't overdried me as the 10% tended to do. My oil production has seemed to slowed (from retinol and SA use I suppose) so I put this 5%BP on straight.

I have not tried the panoxyl products, but if you know the ingredients, you can look at other products to see if any are close or match. I hate when my favorite products are discontinued and I have to search for something new! Best wishes!