Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
juvianna

It's Coming Back After 3 Months Off!

Hey guys! I finished my course of Accutane 3 months ago, it worked wonders for some time, but for the past 40 days or something, my skin is getting worse everyday. It started to get oily after 1 month post, and now everyday a new little zit appears.

I was wondering, can weight gain be related to acne breakouts when there are no hormonal issues?

I've gained 6,5 pounds (3kgs) over the past 2 months, but just because I've been eating more junk food and done no exercises and now my face has a lot of little pimples, and I'm worried that the cysts might come back.

Since no food makes me breakout, is it possible that it's because I gained weight?

PS.: I've been a little stressed and bored lately. Also I've been taking Vitamin C and Zinc for a month.

Or is it just because Accutane might not have worked for me?

Thanksss

I was on Accutane and my acne returned too. I also have very oily skin which is why I feel it returned.

are you female? go get your hormones tested, and see whether you have a hormonal imbalance. Or pcos. It can cause weight gain and breakouts.

acne can return if you have a hormonal condition because its underlying.

Hey LilyRose7, i have PCOS but it's under control cause I've been taking bc pill for about 8 years, and my hormone levels are good. Thanks though.

hey hun,

try Saw Palmetto! It can reduce oily skin. I take it and it really helps. What did your doc say about the spots returning??

I have an appointment for next week, let's see what he says. Thx for the tip, LillyRose, I'll see if I can find it.

Edited by juvianna